Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... 18:37 - Aug 19 with 6178 viewsITFCBlues

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3645290/ShowPost.aspx

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 18:39 - Aug 19 with 4815 viewsMullet

It's literally all they have. Well that, and the same surname.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 18:50 - Aug 19 with 4754 viewswkj

There are worse obsessions that exist on this board, and that is Corbyn and associated conspiracy theories. I have to say I can't throw the tin pot banner at them for this.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 18:52]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 19:01 - Aug 19 with 4710 viewsbluecrow

I like the way they only count our home fans but then compare that to all fans that turned up for there home game v west brom (a Norwich fan said they had 25000 there)
It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 19:07 - Aug 19 with 4683 viewsm14_blue

Let them.

We'll see who's laughing in a couple of weeks. The tide has turned.

Chances are we'll have more there to witness it than they can fit in their poxy little stadium too.
They should be more obsessed with.... on 19:24 - Aug 19 with 4592 viewsBloots

.....with centre backs.

They are gonna have less than us soon.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 01:51 - Aug 20 with 4166 viewsIllinoisblue

Although you’re the one trawling a Norwich message board....

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 06:53 - Aug 20 with 4029 viewsVaughan8

Some people on here are obsessed with attendances as well.....!

A few more years in this league for them and they will probably be the same
It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 07:00 - Aug 20 with 4020 viewsCurrie10

Well, they do raise some very valid points on their.

We're losing a hell of a lot of revenue by the ground not being fuller more regularly for a start.

Also, we go on about various clubs being tinpot.

If we had 15797 paying customers for one of the more glamerous sides at H - Aston Villa, and then say 23500 of our fans are paying customers v Norwich - their well within their rights if you ask me to say ' you're only here for the Norwich '. We'd do the same if it was flipped on it's head!

I remember reading an article ages ago -they were struggling for attendances in the late 90s. Hired a marketer whose first move was to target FAMILIES as opposed to individuals for season tickets. VERY clever move this, guarantees the future generations come back etc.

However - we've been stuck in this ruddy league for years whereas they've had some success, being in the premier league twice and even when they went to L1 - managed to have a cracking season there.

17 years in this league - we're bored!!!
Login to get fewer ads

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 08:28 - Aug 20 with 3868 viewsVaughan8

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 07:00 - Aug 20 by Currie10

We're losing a hell of a lot of revenue by the ground not being fuller more regularly for a start.

If we had 15797 paying customers for one of the more glamerous sides at H - Aston Villa, and then say 23500 of our fans are paying customers v Norwich - their well within their rights if you ask me to say ' you're only here for the Norwich '. We'd do the same if it was flipped on it's head!

I remember reading an article ages ago -they were struggling for attendances in the late 90s. Hired a marketer whose first move was to target FAMILIES as opposed to individuals for season tickets. VERY clever move this, guarantees the future generations come back etc.

However - we've been stuck in this ruddy league for years whereas they've had some success, being in the premier league twice and even when they went to L1 - managed to have a cracking season there.

I've said for ages that the club isn't targeting the future generation and it hasn't for a while with high ticket prices. People can't afford to go with themselves (+partner) & 2 kids for example.

A family ticket would be a good thing to do.
It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 08:33 - Aug 20 with 3852 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 08:35 - Aug 20 with 3841 viewshoppy

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 07:00 - Aug 20 by Currie10

Oops... you appear to have used the plural FAMILIES.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 08:42 - Aug 20 with 3817 viewsm14_blue

Your last line pretty much sums it up for me.

We've stagnated for the best part of 2 decades, and the vast majority of those seasons we've finished mid table and gone out of both cups early.

I think our crowds have held up pretty well considering, I'm sure Norwich's would be no better in the same circumstances.
It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 08:48 - Aug 20 with 3784 viewsCurrie10

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 08:28 - Aug 20 by Vaughan8

I've said for ages that the club isn't targeting the future generation and it hasn't for a while with high ticket prices. People can't afford to go with themselves (+partner) & 2 kids for example.

A family ticket would be a good thing to do.

Apparently that's the simple thing this guy did when their attendances were shocking late 90s.

Family season tickets.

I'm not fortunate enough to have children yet, however it's a very clever ploy this.

Their getting their nickers in a twist that their finally dipping into the 24,000s for home games!

Sad reality, is bar perhaps the Norwich game where we're not even at that figure yet, that would be the maximum we'd get for a league game all season!
It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 08:55 - Aug 20 with 3752 viewsDarth_Koont

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 08:42 - Aug 20 by m14_blue

Your last line pretty much sums it up for me.

We've stagnated for the best part of 2 decades, and the vast majority of those seasons we've finished mid table and gone out of both cups early.

I think our crowds have held up pretty well considering, I'm sure Norwich's would be no better in the same circumstances.

Indeed. When we've had a playoff season people have come back. So with very little to cheer about over the past 16 years, not sure we could have done much better with a different marketing approach.

Over a similar period, they've had frequent playoffs seasons, a few promotions and 4 or 5 years in the Prem. That's the bigger picture and also what's been marketed. For instance, I'd say that selling Prem football to kids and families is way, way easier.

Always good to try different things of course but I'm sure we'll be talking marginal gains until we can combine it with success on the pitch.

Pronouns: He/Him

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 09:11 - Aug 20 with 3700 viewsBrixtonBlue

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 08:48 - Aug 20 by Currie10

Apparently that's the simple thing this guy did when their attendances were shocking late 90s.

Family season tickets.

I'm not fortunate enough to have children yet, however it's a very clever ploy this.

Their getting their nickers in a twist that their finally dipping into the 24,000s for home games!

Sad reality, is bar perhaps the Norwich game where we're not even at that figure yet, that would be the maximum we'd get for a league game all season!

"Their getting their nickers in a twist that their finally dipping into the 24,000s for home games!"

Their's something wrong with that their, definitely.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 09:12 - Aug 20 with 3690 viewsBlueBadger

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 08:33 - Aug 20 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Probably the latest iteration of BucksCanary.

Who hols the unique distinction of being perms-banned from both here AND W*nk of the Barclay.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 09:16 - Aug 20 with 3667 viewsBrixtonBlue

We didn't have 15797 paying customers v Villa, we had 17824. You're doing the Norwich thing of knocking off the away supporters to make your argument look slightly better.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 09:21 - Aug 20 with 3623 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 09:16 - Aug 20 by BrixtonBlue

We didn't have 15797 paying customers v Villa, we had 17824. You're doing the Norwich thing of knocking off the away supporters to make your argument look slightly better.

Surely we should only be concerned with how many of our supporters are turning up though. How many the opposition bring doesn’t reflect on how well we are supported.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 09:24 - Aug 20 with 3598 viewsBrixtonBlue

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 09:21 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

Surely we should only be concerned with how many of our supporters are turning up though. How many the opposition bring doesn’t reflect on how well we are supported.

If you're doing Ipswich attendances vs Norwich attendances, as they are in the OP's link, you ought to be comparing the same criteria.

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 09:35 - Aug 20 with 3542 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 09:24 - Aug 20 by BrixtonBlue

If you're doing Ipswich attendances vs Norwich attendances, as they are in the OP's link, you ought to be comparing the same criteria.

I think you have misunderstood the point Currie was making. Currie, who you were replying to, clearly stated he was talking about only our fans. “If we had 15797 paying customers for one of the more glamerous sides at H - Aston Villa, and then say 23500 of our fans are paying customers v Norwich -

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 09:36 - Aug 20 with 3536 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sensible move for them, given they only need to attract one family in order to fill the ground...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 10:15 - Aug 20 with 3406 viewsdirtyboy

Fair to say if things turn around at Ipswich (ie; a win and a performance against Norwich with a big crowd) would go a long long way to restoring a good number of return supporters.

I've not yet had an opportunity to go, but i've watched two full replays and like what i've seen and am looking forward to getting to my first home game this season sooner rather than later.
It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 10:16 - Aug 20 with 3403 viewsHennikerBlu

The proximity of Ipswich to London, means there are far more options for fans to support other teams, especially youngsters, coupled with our time out of the top flight. In Norfolk a lot of the communities have remained as is and it can take an hour just to get to Norwich (by horse and cart) so supporting a London club is less attractive

The club does not do enough to attract fans by targeting families and schools, I am sure we used to have ex-pros as ambassadors in the community. The club has plenty of local retired players and could do a lot more, such as presentations to schools on the history of the club, even if they were just paid for occasional days. More kids for quid and free tickets for schools. More could have been done over our England links during the WC, though the showing of games was a good move.

Our marketing is weak and the club is not held locally in the esteem it once was, televised away games used to lead to local pubs being packed out. The benefit of a stadium which is a short walk from the town and transport links is a strong selling point, that does not appear to be utilised. Simple things like discount offers with local eateries on match days.

I actually do think a strong strategy could increase attendances by 2-5k, whilst Prem footy is rammed down our throats, the public also appreciate individuality and our club has such a rich history for its size we really do need to work it harder.
It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 10:22 - Aug 20 with 3383 viewsGeoffSentence

That's the thing isn't it, the time we have been in this division. At the same stage after relegation from the premier league we were getting attendances of the same size as they are now. But each year it slips a little more, the same is already happening for them. Unless they get promoted soon their attendances will quickly converge with ours.

Is it important? For clubs the size of Ipswich and Norwich in the second tier it is very important because of the cash it brings in. I would say it is arguably more important for the budgies because, whilst our owner can afford to put in a few million quid a year to keep things ticking over, dear old Delia is relatively potless. Without those extra fans they would be in a financial quagmire. They really need to get promoted before the fans run out.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

It’s fair to say, they’re OBSESSED with attendances... on 10:29 - Aug 20 with 3370 viewsTJS

I honestly couldn't care less that they have an extra 8000 happy clappers compared with us.
We had exactly the same until about 2005.
We are now down to our absolute bare bones core support which I don't think is that much different to theirs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024