Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really looking forward to Derby 04:42 - Aug 21 with 1131 viewsBondiBlue

This will really show the contrast between our former manager and current manager’s approaches. Mick was very successful at going to Derby, parking the bus and nicking wins. Last season’s 1-0 was my favourite game of the season - sometimes surviving a siege is as fun as winning 5-0.

However, it will be interesting to how we set out this time. Will hurst smell blood in the water and get at them or be a bit more conservative? If we do go at them, will it work? I very much hope we do and it does. I realised during the Villa game that I am nervous not because I think we might go down but because I am so desperate for hurst to succeed. If he doesn’t, I fear we may revert to another dinosaur.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Really looking forward to Derby on 07:49 - Aug 21 with 1023 viewsCurrie10

I really struggle with posts like this.

You're not nervous because you feel we might go down.......yet calling the previous manager a dinosaur while you're at it.

I mean if Mick / Warnock / Alladyce / Pulis and co are dinosaurs - which is supposedly dinosaurs due to their results - yet they'd NEVER in a month of Sundays get us relegated....

Then what are people supposed to refer to Hurst et el as?

Dinosaur was such a lazy laughable tag given to Mick.
Really looking forward to Derby on 08:44 - Aug 21 with 972 viewsBondiBlue

Really looking forward to Derby on 07:49 - Aug 21 by Currie10

I really struggle with posts like this.

You're not nervous because you feel we might go down.......yet calling the previous manager a dinosaur while you're at it.

I mean if Mick / Warnock / Alladyce / Pulis and co are dinosaurs - which is supposedly dinosaurs due to their results - yet they'd NEVER in a month of Sundays get us relegated....

Then what are people supposed to refer to Hurst et el as?

Dinosaur was such a lazy laughable tag given to Mick.

Agree - dinosaurs don’t get relegated. For me the dinosaur is a manager who still thinks that playing conservative football can be successful. If we define success as staying where you are, they’re not wrong. But I think most of us want to watch aspirational sports teams, because what’s the point in just trying to go nowhere. I probably didn’t do a brilliant job of saying this in my post: I hope Hurst succeeds because his approach is the one I think we should take, even if it riskier.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Really looking forward to Derby on 09:13 - Aug 21 with 933 viewsTractorgirlforever

Yes the game at derby was probably my favourite game of the season..I can still see that save from Bart right at the end now!..I hope we go for it tonight but just need to be a bit organised at the back..I'm confident..I live in derby so just a 5 minute trip for me!..I get very nervous at this game ..it's a must win for me more than for most I think!
Really looking forward to Derby on 09:17 - Aug 21 with 927 viewsMullet

There's literally no comparison in those respects. Both new managers, both completely overhauled their squad respectively. Both different expectations and backing to the previous season.

I just hope to see a win tonight and Frank back on the couch mumbling about his days at Chelsea and namedropping.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Really looking forward to Derby on 09:39 - Aug 21 with 876 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Really looking forward to Derby on 09:13 - Aug 21 by Tractorgirlforever

Yes the game at derby was probably my favourite game of the season..I can still see that save from Bart right at the end now!..I hope we go for it tonight but just need to be a bit organised at the back..I'm confident..I live in derby so just a 5 minute trip for me!..I get very nervous at this game ..it's a must win for me more than for most I think!

ATM Derby look shaky and slow at the back.

Played poorly at Reading and won
ok v Leeds - but got thrashed
played ok in 2nd half v millwall n lost

So I think tonight - we get our 1st W of the season.
Really looking forward to Derby on 09:41 - Aug 21 with 871 viewsTractorgirlforever

Really looking forward to Derby on 09:39 - Aug 21 by BtreeBlueBlood

ATM Derby look shaky and slow at the back.

Played poorly at Reading and won
ok v Leeds - but got thrashed
played ok in 2nd half v millwall n lost

So I think tonight - we get our 1st W of the season.

Hope so!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024