Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warning - computer game thread 10:44 - Aug 21 with 1086 viewsTractorWood

Today marks the rerelase of Shenmue 1 and 2 on the PS4 and Xbox 1. These games originally debuted around the turn of the century and were, at the time, fairly pinoneering in a number of ways. They were also the most expensive games made at the time and some put Sega's demise down to this franchise and the irrefutable failure of the Dreamcast.

That said, they hold a very special place in many people's hearts. Not only are they visually excellent, they had groundbreaking interactivity, depth and unparalleled story telling. They brought Japan and Hong Kong to life.

These games are definitely worth looking at if you are a fan of gaming as they are historically very significant steps towards what gamers now take for granted.

Sorry about the tabloid link but it's a fair summary

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/996804/Shenmue-vs-real-life-Dobui

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Warning - computer game thread on 10:51 - Aug 21 with 1052 viewsSwailsey

Thanks for the reminder about this!

I've got to admit, I'm probably more excited by the Spyro Trilogy which is coming out soon. The child in me can't wait.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Warning - computer game thread on 10:54 - Aug 21 with 1038 viewsGunnsAirkick

The Express oddly has quite a decent gaming section (amongst all the racism). I loved these games when they came out and will be buying these HD versions when I have some spare time, they really were groundbreaking and still look good today in my opinion! The Dreamcast was such an underrated console but as you say Sega were daft with their strategy. I don't game as much now, but have fond memories of Phantasy Star Online from that period too.
Warning - computer game thread on 12:22 - Aug 21 with 952 viewsmo_itfc

I haven't decided if I'm buying this on steam or PS4 yet!

Definitely excited about this, I've never played Shenmue 2.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Warning - computer game thread on 12:32 - Aug 21 with 938 viewsTractorWood

Warning - computer game thread on 12:22 - Aug 21 by mo_itfc

I haven't decided if I'm buying this on steam or PS4 yet!

Definitely excited about this, I've never played Shenmue 2.

Never played Shenume 2? It's excellent.

Shenmue 3 is coming out in 2019 too. 20 years in the making.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Warning - computer game thread on 15:37 - Aug 21 with 856 viewsmo_itfc

Warning - computer game thread on 12:32 - Aug 21 by TractorWood

Never played Shenume 2? It's excellent.

Shenmue 3 is coming out in 2019 too. 20 years in the making.

I know!!
I only played Shenmue 1 last year, on my phone! I've never owned a sega.

playing it on a sega emulator wasn't the best, so looking forward to playing on a decent device!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024