Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) 20:12 - Aug 21 with 3566 viewsBackToRussia

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:14 - Aug 21 with 2960 viewsdavblue

He's not had much service to be fair to him.

First touch hasn't been great though.
is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:16 - Aug 21 with 2926 viewsJ2BLUE

Lack of service. In a game like this maybe we should be sitting off a bit and have Jackson on with his pace.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:16 - Aug 21 with 2925 viewsGavTWTD

Yes, I just said same in chat. He's not impressing as yet.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:17 - Aug 21 with 2903 viewsmartin12120137

I would like to see us play with 2 up top get Jackson alongside Harrison. As whenever we break quick we never seem to have anyone up there!
is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:18 - Aug 21 with 2873 viewsTractorWood

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:16 - Aug 21 by GavTWTD

Yes, I just said same in chat. He's not impressing as yet.

I honestly can't remember him really being involved in a game yet.

Chalobah and Edwards have really impressed me though.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:21 - Aug 21 with 2812 viewsBackToRussia

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:14 - Aug 21 by davblue

Agree on both fronts, but his touch really has been poor today. Nothing sticks to him.

What you do get, you need to hold on to. So far I've not seen him do that once.

Goes without saying that I'd love for him to come good.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:22 - Aug 21 with 2784 viewsGlasgowBlue

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:21 - Aug 21 by BackToRussia

Agree on both fronts, but his touch really has been poor today. Nothing sticks to him.

What you do get, you need to hold on to. So far I've not seen him do that once.

Goes without saying that I'd love for him to come good.

He’s not a Championship quality player yet. Hope he comes good soon but he doesn’t seem to make the right runs of outwit defenders to gain space.

Early days though.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:22 - Aug 21 with 2780 viewsSnedders

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:18 - Aug 21 by TractorWood

I honestly can't remember him really being involved in a game yet.

Chalobah and Edwards have really impressed me though.

The more I see of Donacien the more I like him
Login to get fewer ads

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:23 - Aug 21 with 2737 viewsBackToRussia

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:16 - Aug 21 by J2BLUE

Lack of service. In a game like this maybe we should be sitting off a bit and have Jackson on with his pace.

Jackson on for Ward on 60' I'd hope if it stays 0-0.

Ward so far, has done fine, as usual. He needs to stand out soon too.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:23 - Aug 21 with 2736 viewsbluefunk

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:17 - Aug 21 by martin12120137

I would like to see us play with 2 up top get Jackson alongside Harrison. As whenever we break quick we never seem to have anyone up there!

We aren’t going to go 2 up top away at Derby, Harrison will be fine once he gets an understanding with Nolan, who has been close to Harrison more often than has been the case in previous games. We are not yet in a place where we have well developed partnerships and understanding between players and add in the fact that he’s new to the Championship, he’s bound to take a while to look the part
is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:23 - Aug 21 with 2735 viewsTractorBoyOlly

No but i'm unconvinced by the formation we play, 1 upfront is defensive unless you have playmakers which we don't bar Nolan

Poll: Final points total?

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:25 - Aug 21 with 2681 viewsDublinBlue84

He's looked out of his depth.

Not sure if that is because he just isn't very good or that the system doesn't suit him or we're not giving him the right supply though.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:26 - Aug 21 with 2666 viewsBackToRussia

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:22 - Aug 21 by GlasgowBlue

He’s not a Championship quality player yet. Hope he comes good soon but he doesn’t seem to make the right runs of outwit defenders to gain space.

Early days though.

Yeah think that's inarguable. His highlights reel was very impressive though. Headers, hold up play, going in behind and nice finishing - seemed to have it all.

Biggest test of his career of course.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:26 - Aug 21 with 2647 viewsjas0999

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:14 - Aug 21 by davblue

He stands no chance. Not one single ball to him.
is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:28 - Aug 21 with 2613 viewsBackToRussia

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:23 - Aug 21 by TractorBoyOlly

No but i'm unconvinced by the formation we play, 1 upfront is defensive unless you have playmakers which we don't bar Nolan

Let's be real, it's the norm these days, especially away from home. Even Derby are playing with Nugent up top on his own. Lawrence supporting, granted.

People like Ward and Chalobah need to break forward to support Harrison, definitely, but he isn't giving them much of a chance if he's not holding it up for more than a second or two.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:28 - Aug 21 with 2615 viewsSteve_M

His touch and decision making have been very mixed haven't they? It doesn't hep that the pattern of play is leaving him isolated quite often. I think there are flashes of what he can do so hope he can grow into the role.

Our decision making in the final third has been a bit poor all night. Not that Derby's has been a great deal better.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:30 - Aug 21 with 2578 viewsTractorBoyOlly

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:28 - Aug 21 by BackToRussia

Let's be real, it's the norm these days, especially away from home. Even Derby are playing with Nugent up top on his own. Lawrence supporting, granted.

People like Ward and Chalobah need to break forward to support Harrison, definitely, but he isn't giving them much of a chance if he's not holding it up for more than a second or two.

Chalobah is a CB/DM and Ward is well...uninspiring so good luck with that!

Poll: Final points total?

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:32 - Aug 21 with 2538 viewsBackToRussia

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:28 - Aug 21 by Steve_M

His touch and decision making have been very mixed haven't they? It doesn't hep that the pattern of play is leaving him isolated quite often. I think there are flashes of what he can do so hope he can grow into the role.

Our decision making in the final third has been a bit poor all night. Not that Derby's has been a great deal better.

Yes. You do wonder about how he's feeling in a simple psychological way - a bit overwhelmed seems to me what it'd be. Rushing passes, not making natural, confident decisions.

Again, his highlights reel for Bristol he looks confidence personified, so definitely worth persisting with.

Great attack just then. Exactly what we need - composed probing.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:32 - Aug 21 with 2535 viewsGlasgowBlue

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:28 - Aug 21 by Steve_M

If he is clever enough he’ll sit on Keogh’s shoukder as he is already in a booking.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Basically, two average second division teams on 20:32 - Aug 21 with 2537 viewsDyland

Who'd've thunk it :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:33 - Aug 21 with 2514 viewsBackToRussia

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:30 - Aug 21 by TractorBoyOlly

Chalobah is a CB/DM and Ward is well...uninspiring so good luck with that!

If Skuse is sitting, Chalobah needs to break past the lines when we have the ball - so Nolan can push up too.

Really like the look of Trevoh, has a touch of Fellaini about him.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:39 - Aug 21 with 2382 viewsSteve_M

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:32 - Aug 21 by BackToRussia

Yes. You do wonder about how he's feeling in a simple psychological way - a bit overwhelmed seems to me what it'd be. Rushing passes, not making natural, confident decisions.

Again, his highlights reel for Bristol he looks confidence personified, so definitely worth persisting with.

He's been isolated in all the games albeit for different reasons, I think he'll look better once he's managed a goal or two and he has a bit more support.

Still, with Keogh booked I'm looking forward to seeing Jackson run at him.

Also tonight, I'm impressed by Ward's willingness to take players on, much more like what Hurst will want to see.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:41 - Aug 21 with 2316 viewsBackToRussia

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:39 - Aug 21 by Steve_M

He's been isolated in all the games albeit for different reasons, I think he'll look better once he's managed a goal or two and he has a bit more support.

Still, with Keogh booked I'm looking forward to seeing Jackson run at him.

Also tonight, I'm impressed by Ward's willingness to take players on, much more like what Hurst will want to see.

Ward definitely looks like he wants to impress Hurst. Does he have enough to? Not too sure he does in the long run... but like Harrison, might start to look very good if things go our way.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:41 - Aug 21 with 2305 viewsBeattiesBeerGut

I don't think he's suited to the lone striker role - suspect Action Jackson might do better if that is the system we are always going to play.

Donacien looks a find. Chabolah, Nolan, Edwards pleased with.

Ward looks bang average.

Chambers and Skuse look like they from a different (Jurassic) era, which I guess they are :)
is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:42 - Aug 21 with 2290 viewspatrickswell

is anyone very unconvinced by Harrison as yet? (n/t) on 20:32 - Aug 21 by BackToRussia

“Composed probing” - that reminds me, I’ve got a prostate exam coming up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024