Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
going to be a long season 21:15 - Aug 21 with 2721 viewsIllinoisblue

and it's only August... if we're going to play 1 up front the midfield need to get forward and do something.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

going to be a long season on 21:18 - Aug 21 with 2640 viewsJohnny_Boy

If he's going to persist in one upfront, I expect Dozz to be jettisoned into the team sooner rather than later IMHO.
going to be a long season on 21:20 - Aug 21 with 2593 viewsIllinoisblue

going to be a long season on 21:18 - Aug 21 by Johnny_Boy

If he's going to persist in one upfront, I expect Dozz to be jettisoned into the team sooner rather than later IMHO.

something has to change, cos this aint working

62 - 78 - 81

going to be a long season on 21:21 - Aug 21 with 2569 viewsgt81

This has the feeling of a preseason game.

We've generally been well organised but no real quality or threat going forward, been a recurring thread in all our games so far.
going to be a long season on 21:22 - Aug 21 with 2507 viewsSomethingBlue

I suspect Huws will be phased into the starting lineup if he gets properly fit. That will help. But we are very, very short of attacking alternatives and really need to get a striker with some presence in before the deadline.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

going to be a long season on 21:23 - Aug 21 with 2488 viewsjas0999

We could get relegated. We cashed in on players and didn’t reinvest the full amount.
going to be a long season on 21:23 - Aug 21 with 2482 viewsDanTheMan

going to be a long season on 21:20 - Aug 21 by Illinoisblue

something has to change, cos this aint working

There's just nothing there. There's no balls going in behind the defence for the striker to run onto so it goes to his feet and then by the time he's got it under control and played it off their defence has organised. We look dangerous down the wings when they do get it but it's not often enough.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

going to be a long season on 21:25 - Aug 21 with 2388 viewsmrshallisfit

going to be a long season on 21:23 - Aug 21 by jas0999

We could get relegated. We cashed in on players and didn’t reinvest the full amount.

The quality we need in the final third costs money. The owner will not shell out for this. The reality of Evans ownership will come home to roost this season. I feel sorry for Hurst.
going to be a long season on 21:27 - Aug 21 with 2312 viewsDublinBlue84

going to be a long season on 21:25 - Aug 21 by mrshallisfit

The quality we need in the final third costs money. The owner will not shell out for this. The reality of Evans ownership will come home to roost this season. I feel sorry for Hurst.

Bollox.

I'm no fan of Evans but at the end of the day Hurst chose to make wholesale changes to the squad and sold two players for good sums and decided to spend more money in other areas and not on strikers.

The buck will stop with Hurst I'm afraid. He decided Jackson and Harrison were better than Garner, so far I see nothing to support it whatsoever.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 21:28]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Login to get fewer ads

going to be a long season on 21:27 - Aug 21 with 2306 viewsIllinoisblue

going to be a long season on 21:22 - Aug 21 by SomethingBlue

I suspect Huws will be phased into the starting lineup if he gets properly fit. That will help. But we are very, very short of attacking alternatives and really need to get a striker with some presence in before the deadline.

the lack of any presence or threat is very alarming and so obvious. Hurst must see it but hard to see what he's trying to do to change it.

62 - 78 - 81

going to be a long season on 21:31 - Aug 21 with 2167 viewsSomethingBlue

going to be a long season on 21:27 - Aug 21 by Illinoisblue

the lack of any presence or threat is very alarming and so obvious. Hurst must see it but hard to see what he's trying to do to change it.

Suspect the time will come when we go with just the one holding midfielder — we just need to have Huws, in particular, fit as options are limited there and the balance is not great. That apart I'm sure he is trying for a striker ... it's no bad reflection on the current pair to say they need some support.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

going to be a long season on 21:32 - Aug 21 with 2135 viewsjas0999

going to be a long season on 21:25 - Aug 21 by mrshallisfit

I completely agree.
going to be a long season on 21:35 - Aug 21 with 2065 viewsSwansea_Blue

going to be a long season on 21:21 - Aug 21 by gt81

This has the feeling of a preseason game.

We've generally been well organised but no real quality or threat going forward, been a recurring thread in all our games so far.

Again, that’s why selling our experienced frontman/men who could create and score was never a good deal for us. The fees we received are irrelevant. In a young team, the experience and qualities of garner and waggy would have mage all the difference.

Yes, it will be a long season getting these lower league players up to speed and moulding a team out of them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

going to be a long season on 21:40 - Aug 21 with 1990 viewsVic

going to be a long season on 21:27 - Aug 21 by DublinBlue84

Bollox.

I'm no fan of Evans but at the end of the day Hurst chose to make wholesale changes to the squad and sold two players for good sums and decided to spend more money in other areas and not on strikers.

The buck will stop with Hurst I'm afraid. He decided Jackson and Harrison were better than Garner, so far I see nothing to support it whatsoever.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 21:28]

He was in a difficult position though wasn’t he. Both wanted to go.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

going to be a long season on 21:44 - Aug 21 with 1878 viewsHoppersblue10

going to be a long season on 21:40 - Aug 21 by Vic

Exactly, why would you keep players that want away!
ok we did not hit all our targets in the transfer window but that is football, this is our team patience is needed atm

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

going to be a long season on 21:45 - Aug 21 with 1843 viewsBenno1960

thought we did ok defensively but the ball comes back too often and the defence dosnt get a break

Like most are saying on here, the one up front isn't working with just Harrison. They need to play it into his chest / feet more often (although his touch is not great) To not go 2 up front when 2-0 down is worrying

How young was the finishing team?

Like to see more of Roberts but seemed to do ok
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 21:46]
going to be a long season on 21:46 - Aug 21 with 1822 viewsVaughan8

The worrying thing is 2 games away, no goals.......doesn't seem like much has changed!

People seem to be saying we weren't playing a pressing game, 1 up front isn't working currently.

It's all a bit meh after the initial excitement. I really think we need a few seasoned players at this level. We seem to have integrated too many lower league players.

Also these strikers need to hurry up and get a few goals. The Jackson goal vs Exeter was a massive goalie cock up!
going to be a long season on 21:47 - Aug 21 with 1789 viewsDublinBlue84

going to be a long season on 21:40 - Aug 21 by Vic

Did Garner want to go because he wanted to go, or want to go because the manager didn't fancy him

The fact is PH has had a fair whack of money to spend and he's brought in two unproven strikers and a whole host of other players in many different positions.

Maybe we'd be a little better off if we brought in one or two less and had a decent striker?

At the moment the money we've paid for Harrison looks like Bristol Rovers probably laughed all the way to the bank and the fee we paid for Jackson looks like complete robbery but it remains to be seen how much of that is down to a one up front system and how much is down to the players themselves.

PH bought almost a dozen players, the idea he wasn't supported and wasn't given enough money is hilarious. A manager who doesn't have money isn't allowed to reinvest two big transfer fees in the squad to the degree he brings in double figures in players.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 21:49]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

going to be a long season on 21:47 - Aug 21 with 1782 viewsHoppersblue10

going to be a long season on 21:45 - Aug 21 by Benno1960

thought we did ok defensively but the ball comes back too often and the defence dosnt get a break

Like most are saying on here, the one up front isn't working with just Harrison. They need to play it into his chest / feet more often (although his touch is not great) To not go 2 up front when 2-0 down is worrying

How young was the finishing team?

Like to see more of Roberts but seemed to do ok
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 21:46]

I am sure Lawrence was given mom, for the most part I thought Donacien had the better of the battle between them

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

going to be a long season on 21:48 - Aug 21 with 1767 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, it's no real surprise to me and can see what we are trying to do but we aren't committing enough men to help the striker who is struggling up there on his own.

We will be short of goals this season, no doubt - just need to ensure we tighten up at the back.

Could really do with a top quality winger like a Lawrence or Fraser to play on one of the wings and show the rest of the boys how it is done.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

going to be a long season on 21:58 - Aug 21 with 1645 viewsdirtyboy

I think we look pretty solid with that back four and Chalobah or Skuse can be dropped to allow us to get a second man up top.

Harrison is relentless in his running, so I think he'd still offer support dropping in when needed and allow us to have Jackson occupying the defence a bit more leaving more space for Nolan.

Roberts stuck balls in the box at every opportunity...would have loved to see him and Anderson feeding Darryl Murphy back in the....erm...day lol!

No panic button being hit by me, but I think Dozzell or Huws being fully fit could be very important in this current team and just like last season, we're missing them already.

Still need a CB as cover, but I would like to see a bit of a unit up top to make that ball stick a bit more.

Let's be honest though, look at that Derby team again on paper....incredible...not a disgrace, just seems bitter when we haven't registered our fist win yet.

I think we'll beat Sheffield Wednesday and beat Norwich and finish 16th at the end of the season. Amen
going to be a long season on 22:27 - Aug 21 with 1520 viewsLankHenners

This team is clearly going to need time to find its collective feet but when that happens (and I do think it is a 'when') I don't think even then we'll be big scorers. The best Paul Hurst team will wear a team down, get a goal then stop the opposition from getting back in the game.

Until that point we really need to find a way to pick up 3 points every now and then to keep the confidence and belief up. The midfield needs to do better at getting into the game in an attacking sense as even when Harrison wins the ball the opposition are comfortable sending two men on him and swamping him out as he's so isolated and doesn't have the strength or experience to really lead the line well for us. As mentioned above Huws is good enough on his own to improve us in that regard but he'll be a while off being able to play 90 minutes of Championship football.

We'll have to see how the next couple of games go but I was hoping the Villa match would be a springboard rather than a performance that a not-that-great team pulls out every now and then before reverting back to being average-to-meh. Time will tell which one it is. I imagine home form is going to be a big thing for us this season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024