Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is how it is going to be 22:25 - Aug 21 with 1556 viewsSomethingBlue

I don't really see how people can go from being as high as they were after Saturday to as low as they seem to be tonight — it's a bit ridiculous really, isn't it. There are some obvious concerns, the main one being the lack of numbers in attack, but we are going to be very up and down for some time until things settle — positively or otherwise — and I think it's best to make our peace with it rather than getting too squealy. And that is not to preclude sensible debate and airing of worries, obviously.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

This is how it is going to be on 22:31 - Aug 21 with 1481 viewsBloomBlue

I find it amazing that anyone could think we wouldn't struggle at first. Trouble is we live a world of instant results. We had to change manager and bring in new players and that was always going to take time to get the whole team working as one unit.
But it seems many people think you can change everything and make it work in 2 games.
This is how it is going to be on 22:32 - Aug 21 with 1481 viewsJ2BLUE

This is how it is now. The loudest voices reacting purely to the last result.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is how it is going to be on 22:36 - Aug 21 with 1445 viewsportmanking

This is how it is going to be on 22:31 - Aug 21 by BloomBlue

I find it amazing that anyone could think we wouldn't struggle at first. Trouble is we live a world of instant results. We had to change manager and bring in new players and that was always going to take time to get the whole team working as one unit.
But it seems many people think you can change everything and make it work in 2 games.

The team is working as a unit. The game against Villa proved that.

Unfortunately, the glaring problems are a distinct lack of quality in vital areas which will ultimately be our undoing.
This is how it is going to be on 00:01 - Aug 22 with 1331 viewsHerbivore

This is how it is going to be on 22:36 - Aug 21 by portmanking

The team is working as a unit. The game against Villa proved that.

Unfortunately, the glaring problems are a distinct lack of quality in vital areas which will ultimately be our undoing.

The game against Villa proves we're working as a unit over the four other games where we've looked disjointed? I'm struggling with that one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is how it is going to be on 00:50 - Aug 22 with 1254 viewspointofblue

This is how it is going to be on 00:01 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

The game against Villa proves we're working as a unit over the four other games where we've looked disjointed? I'm struggling with that one.

I thought we looked okay for the most part against Blackburn and dominated Rotherham. The first half tonight was more than adequate but we fell away in the second half. And for a side managed by someone supposedly into fitness it’s a concern how we seem to have struggled in 5he second halves when compared to the first in every game so far this season.

And that’s without going into the complete cluelessness in the final third.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This is how it is going to be on 07:41 - Aug 22 with 1142 viewsSamWhiteUK

It's different people. People who were positive after Villa are generally still positive now. But alas, here come the moaners. Results or bust.

I got called out for saying it was quiet on here after a good result given the situation vs Villa, but it is true
This is how it is going to be on 07:49 - Aug 22 with 1115 viewspoppiesman

To have so many league one/two players come into the team all at same time, its going to take time to get used to not only each other but also playing at Championship level.
Appointing Paul Hurst is a long term project, so didn't expect results in the first month!
However having watched last night, I did expect us to be a little better than what we were, I was surprised just how poor we looked.
I would settle for mid table this season.
This is how it is going to be on 07:55 - Aug 22 with 1092 viewsazuremerlangus

This is how it is going to be on 00:50 - Aug 22 by pointofblue

I thought we looked okay for the most part against Blackburn and dominated Rotherham. The first half tonight was more than adequate but we fell away in the second half. And for a side managed by someone supposedly into fitness it’s a concern how we seem to have struggled in 5he second halves when compared to the first in every game so far this season.

Exactly what I thought about the fitness thing. The rest of it will eventually click but I’m hoping the players fitness will catch up with the style of play PH is demanding.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Login to get fewer ads

This is how it is going to be on 08:00 - Aug 22 with 1072 viewsHerbivore

This is how it is going to be on 00:50 - Aug 22 by pointofblue

I think in every game we've mainly looked like a side that is still learning to play together. That's understandable four games in with so many new players. Clearly you see it differently though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024