Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk 22:26 - Aug 21 with 1823 viewsDublinBlue84

Seems to be more worried about bad luck and not getting the rub of the green with conceding goals because of deflections etc than the lack of threat up-front.

That's the first interview I've heard with him that I haven't really agreed with what he has to say. He needs to acknowledge and address the problems at hand and not gloss over them.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:30 - Aug 21 with 1727 viewsJ2BLUE

Perhaps he's being cautious with his public comments.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:32 - Aug 21 with 1663 viewsDublinBlue84

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:30 - Aug 21 by J2BLUE

Perhaps he's being cautious with his public comments.

I really hope so.

But the fact he's carried on playing Harrison up front on his own and hasn't even tried anything else so far even from the bench worries me just a little bit.

Certainly deflections played their part today, but they do every season to every team as we've seen ourselves at various times supporting Town.

But if you're scoring a decent amount of goals the number of goals you concede from bad luck have far less of an impact.

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:34 - Aug 21 with 1614 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He said we need to be more effective with the ball when we get it. That to me is about creating the goal threat.

I am quite sure he is not going to change the system. He needs to get the players working the system to create and finish chances. That will come. Hopefully in our next home game, if not on Saturday.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:36 - Aug 21 with 1588 viewsLuk38644

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:32 - Aug 21 by DublinBlue84

I really hope so.

But the fact he's carried on playing Harrison up front on his own and hasn't even tried anything else so far even from the bench worries me just a little bit.

Certainly deflections played their part today, but they do every season to every team as we've seen ourselves at various times supporting Town.

But if you're scoring a decent amount of goals the number of goals you concede from bad luck have far less of an impact.

'But the fact he's carried on playing Harrison up front on his own and hasn't even tried anything else so far even from the bench worries me just a little bit. '

It's been 4 league games. 4. No sane manager would change their tactics and successful philosophy after 4 bloody games.
Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:38 - Aug 21 with 1531 viewsDublinBlue84

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:34 - Aug 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

He said we need to be more effective with the ball when we get it. That to me is about creating the goal threat.

I am quite sure he is not going to change the system. He needs to get the players working the system to create and finish chances. That will come. Hopefully in our next home game, if not on Saturday.

Yes, but honestly he seemed more concerned with the goals that were conceded than the lack of our goal threat and that worries me a little bit truth be told.

I just don't think one up front is working, especially with the personnel we have now and we can't just hope that it's going to work if we keep trying, we need to have a Plan B to use in games rather than just writing them off as necessary short term collateral.

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:39 - Aug 21 with 1508 viewsBloomBlue

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:36 - Aug 21 by Luk38644

'But the fact he's carried on playing Harrison up front on his own and hasn't even tried anything else so far even from the bench worries me just a little bit. '

It's been 4 league games. 4. No sane manager would change their tactics and successful philosophy after 4 bloody games.

How about going back to hoof football?

The trouble is those who moaned about MM's style now seem to be calling for us to go back to that style. Only Town fans could adopt that approach
Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:43 - Aug 21 with 1443 viewsLuk38644

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:39 - Aug 21 by BloomBlue

The trouble is those who moaned about MM's style now seem to be calling for us to go back to that style. Only Town fans could adopt that approach

The amount of people I heard on Saturday say 'we need to get the ball forward and stop messing about at the back with it' was alarming. We're building up play, we are using pace to get round the side of teams, the days of pumping the ball behind their backline and hoping Varney can get one chance in 90minutes are gone.

I always thought Town fans had more patience than most other clubs but I'm quickly learning that's not the case.
Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:49 - Aug 21 with 1353 viewsDublinBlue84

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:39 - Aug 21 by BloomBlue

You do realise that it's not a binary choice between MM's style and PH's current style right?

I don't want us to go back to the MM style but I don't like this one up front style that PH is employing that the strikers he has bought don't fit into.

The idea that fans who don't like the current style are calling for MM's style to come back isn't based on reality in my view, nobody I know wants to go back to MM, but that doesn't mean they have to agree with everything Hurst has done.

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:57 - Aug 21 with 1277 viewsnshearman1

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:49 - Aug 21 by DublinBlue84

You do realise that it's not a binary choice between MM's style and PH's current style right?

I don't want us to go back to the MM style but I don't like this one up front style that PH is employing that the strikers he has bought don't fit into.

The idea that fans who don't like the current style are calling for MM's style to come back isn't based on reality in my view, nobody I know wants to go back to MM, but that doesn't mean they have to agree with everything Hurst has done.

Correct. The point of the original post was that for the first time Hurst in his public comments appeared to be less honest than before in focussing on the deflections rather than the issues around the football we played. The issues being: (a) the lack of poke in the final third and (b) our susceptibility to set-piece situations over the 4 games. That must be a concern for Hurst as much as anyone. Whether the continual bringing in of new players is going to solve the issue - three more? - is questionable. At some point he has to get the absolute best with what he's got. Not after 4 games - but after 10-12 perhaps, a quarter of the way in to the season.
Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 23:02 - Aug 21 with 1223 viewsTractorWood

Just don't think the squad's good enough as is. Need Dozzell and Huws in there asap. I don't think Skuse is necessary with Chalobah there, he's far more effective.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 23:04 - Aug 21 with 1190 viewsSuperblue95

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 22:49 - Aug 21 by DublinBlue84

Well when people wanted Mick out they were told they must want Keane or Jewell back, so it makes sense that anybody criticising Hurst in even the most slight way is going to receive responses about wanting Mick back

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Hurst's comments on Radio Suffolk on 01:01 - Aug 22 with 1013 viewspointofblue

It’s a bit ironic for Hurst to bemoan luck considering two of our goals this season have come from ‘keeper errors and one other a total fluke.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024