Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roadworks back from Derby 01:25 - Aug 22 with 2055 viewsmos

Awful, simply awful.

So many blocked roads without proper diversion notices... if there were any diversion notices they sent you the wrong way. Luckily got an iPhone which has an app which calculates routes which include roads that are blocked, otherwise I doubt we would actually ever get home until light hours.

I must imagine there will be people who won’t get home tonight, the roadworks have been bloody sh1t.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Roadworks back from Derby on 19:30 - Aug 22 with 1901 viewspennblue

Crap journey home, didn’t help that they held the whole car park back for 30 mins after the game ended for some unknown reason

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Roadworks back from Derby on 19:32 - Aug 22 with 1898 viewsNewcyBlue

Just night works on the A14?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Roadworks back from Derby on 19:37 - Aug 22 with 1886 viewsBluefish

I rode my bicycle home, was back in 10 minutes

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Roadworks back from Derby on 21:19 - Aug 22 with 1822 viewsmos

Roadworks back from Derby on 19:32 - Aug 22 by NewcyBlue

Just night works on the A14?

Yeah, several parts of the A14 were completely shut off leaving you with no where to go apart from the mere countryside.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Roadworks back from Derby on 21:25 - Aug 22 with 1809 viewsMullet

There were lots of notices but yes, it was carnage even at 4-5pm. I took the scenic routes in and out and parked a mile from the ground.

Only way for me, but heading north the roads were clear as could be.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Roadworks back from Derby on 21:26 - Aug 22 with 1802 viewsHennikerBlu

For roadwork delays, probably the worse journey I have ever done with virtually no traffic. All to do with finally sorting the roads out around Huntingdon and the A14 link (I think?). Which can cost you 30mins most rush hours as it was/is and you can forget it for an hour plus if there is a one of the frequent prangs. Will make a huge difference when its done.

The detours seem to take you into the Fens (dangerous possible enemy territory). Nightmare, I hope everyone got back safe.
Roadworks back from Derby on 00:29 - Aug 23 with 1699 viewsHarryfromBath

Roadworks back from Derby on 21:25 - Aug 22 by Mullet

There were lots of notices but yes, it was carnage even at 4-5pm. I took the scenic routes in and out and parked a mile from the ground.

Only way for me, but heading north the roads were clear as could be.

Heading south was hell - I first read this thread when I got in at 2am.

It took well over an hour to get on to the A42 for Birmingham and onward from the time I had got moving. Two lanes of the M1 southbound were coned off and at the time of driving (c.11 pm) the only worker I saw on this stretch was one man with a torch. I cynically wondered if the Highways Agency (or whatever it now is) had come up with some mad idea of resting the tarmac.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Roadworks back from Derby on 01:29 - Aug 23 with 1680 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Roadworks back from Derby on 19:30 - Aug 22 by pennblue

Crap journey home, didn’t help that they held the whole car park back for 30 mins after the game ended for some unknown reason

Out of curiosity, which car park are you referring to?

Wasn't there on Tuesday but I did go to the win last November and was surprised to find my usual car parking option at the old Cattle Market was no longer available. Ended up somewhere on the nearby industrial estate.
Login to get fewer ads

Roadworks back from Derby on 08:40 - Aug 23 with 1583 viewsGlebeTractor

I went to a gig in London a few months back, whole a12 was shut, luckily I prechecked the day before, but going up the m11 to stansted etc does add a good hr onto your journey which at 0200hrs aftera day out in london, is wayyyy to much

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Roadworks back from Derby on 08:48 - Aug 23 with 1566 viewsBluebell

The car park we always used is now a building site so we had to park on an industrial area. Took over half an hour to get out of that as hundreds of cars were also parked there. When we got to the M1 it was at a standstill.

Only one lane open and queues of traffic trying to join it. There were several lots of roadworks all the way along. It should have taken an hour and a half took over 3 hours and we got home at 1 am. A journey of only 89 miles!

I saw millions of cones that night! Where do they all come from?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 8:57]
Roadworks back from Derby on 08:51 - Aug 23 with 1561 viewspennblue

Roadworks back from Derby on 01:29 - Aug 23 by NoCanariesAllowed

Out of curiosity, which car park are you referring to?

Wasn't there on Tuesday but I did go to the win last November and was surprised to find my usual car parking option at the old Cattle Market was no longer available. Ended up somewhere on the nearby industrial estate.

the official away one, they must have started doing it, as they didn't do it last time we parked in there.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024