Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff 11:32 - Aug 22 with 2545 viewsGarv

He would add so much to our team at the moment.

Even just a shot from distance or a good free kick or corner. Both of things we lack massively at the moment.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 11:34 - Aug 22 with 2530 viewsJimmyJazz

Think Derby have a similar issue to us, their front man appears too isolated. Seemed the same way in their game against Reading

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 11:35 - Aug 22 with 2526 viewsfooters

Reading Harry's report from the other day it seems Lampard hasn't got a clue about his first-choice XI. He's got 33 outfield players to choose from, so it's a bit of balancing act keeping the egos there happy. Agree with your sentiment though. Always a shame to see talented players doing sod all.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 11:37 - Aug 22 with 2508 viewsartsbossbeard

Yep, you can't put a price on that type of delivery (well, £5m)

If you look back to the Villa game, that left footed ball in from the right for their goal was (almost) un-defendable. I would doubt if we had to deal with another ball in like that all season too (bar Waghorn short corner routine at the MV Arena, of course).

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 12:20 - Aug 22 with 2368 viewsPositivelyPortman

I’m not sad. He asked to leave.
He didn’t worry about Town fans when he asked to go to Derby. £££££’s
Don’t get me wrong, I thought he was a wonderful player and wish he’d have stayed.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 13:15 - Aug 22 with 2215 viewsSarge

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 12:20 - Aug 22 by PositivelyPortman

Don’t get me wrong, I thought he was a wonderful player and wish he’d have stayed.

This. I’m a little bit annoyed tbh. His whole career he’s been passed around from pillar to post and not really set the world alight. Then he comes here, has a fantastic season, becomes a nailed on starter for arguably the first time in his career and at the first opportunity he’s off to go sit on the bench again.
Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 13:32 - Aug 22 with 2155 viewsEireannach_gorm

Potential loan deal?
Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 13:42 - Aug 22 with 2106 viewsartsbossbeard

Thing is, if I was to pop onto LinkedIn now and there's someone on there offering 3 or 4 or even 5 times what I'm earning now, that's going to unsettle me, surely?

I liked the bloke, I liked that he got involved with local charitable stuff with his wife and I don't begrudge him a chance of not running a pub or running his own plumbing company when his football career is over.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 13:57 - Aug 22 with 2058 viewssnipes

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 13:42 - Aug 22 by artsbossbeard

Thing is, if I was to pop onto LinkedIn now and there's someone on there offering 3 or 4 or even 5 times what I'm earning now, that's going to unsettle me, surely?

I liked the bloke, I liked that he got involved with local charitable stuff with his wife and I don't begrudge him a chance of not running a pub or running his own plumbing company when his football career is over.

my bad on the arrow down, mistake
Login to get fewer ads

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 14:06 - Aug 22 with 2020 viewsLeagueOne

did he ask to leave though? All I saw were there were bids in that we accepted? I don't recall him putting in a transfer request and we hardly put out all the stops to keep him like we did with Bart. I mean he was our best player last season he's going to be missed and it's unrealistic to expect the new guys coming up to match that straight away.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 14:17 - Aug 22 with 1986 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 14:06 - Aug 22 by LeagueOne

did he ask to leave though? All I saw were there were bids in that we accepted? I don't recall him putting in a transfer request and we hardly put out all the stops to keep him like we did with Bart. I mean he was our best player last season he's going to be missed and it's unrealistic to expect the new guys coming up to match that straight away.

Well he did say "as soon as the call was made I couldn't wait to get here"

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 14:21 - Aug 22 with 1970 viewsKieran_Knows

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 14:06 - Aug 22 by LeagueOne

Hurst: Waghorn Move the Best Decision for Everyone Concerned at the Time 20th Aug 2018 17:18
Boss Paul Hurst says Martyn Waghorn’s departure to Tuesday’s opponents Derby County was “the best decision for everyone concerned at the time” with the striker having made it clear he wanted to leave the Blues. Hurst admits he felt for the 28-year-old, last season’s 16-goal Town top scorer, during the period of limbo prior to his switch. 24

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 15:37 - Aug 22 with 1874 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Yeah real sad that he didn't want to play for us anymore hope he rots

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 17:53 - Aug 22 with 1771 viewsGarv

I'm sad for our sakes not his. I imagine he'll be fine.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 18:42 - Aug 22 with 1721 viewsNewcyBlue

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 14:17 - Aug 22 by FrimleyBlue

Well he did say "as soon as the call was made I couldn't wait to get here"

He was hardly going to say “I’m just here for the money to secure the future of my family, I loved Ipswich, beautiful area, reminded me a lot of home. Derby is a dump.”

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 18:48 - Aug 22 with 1706 viewsBueller

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 11:35 - Aug 22 by footers

Reading Harry's report from the other day it seems Lampard hasn't got a clue about his first-choice XI. He's got 33 outfield players to choose from, so it's a bit of balancing act keeping the egos there happy. Agree with your sentiment though. Always a shame to see talented players doing sod all.

Not sure why they signed him to be honest. I would have kept Vydra.
Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 19:02 - Aug 22 with 1678 viewsfarkenhell

Sad to see Waghorn sat on his chuff on 18:42 - Aug 22 by NewcyBlue

He was hardly going to say “I’m just here for the money to secure the future of my family, I loved Ipswich, beautiful area, reminded me a lot of home. Derby is a dump.”

I take your point, although I would have admired his honesty!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024