Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fatty Holt retires........ 14:54 - Aug 24 with 5572 viewsEly_Blue

Quite a nice comment about thanking all fans including all of the ones who have got on his back and shouted abuse/booed and jeered him. At least some class which is rare for a budgie.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

on 14:57 - Aug 24 with 5538 views_

Fatty Holt retires........ on 14:58 - Aug 24 with 5529 viewsSteve_M

He seems to have missed the word driver off that post.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Fatty Holt retires........ on 15:07 - Aug 24 with 5474 viewsjudespiveyg

I see a reply from a Norwich fan using the words 'Norwich City legend', he'll be joining the folklore with other magnificent footballers such as Darren Huckerby, Wes Hoolahan and Bryan Gunn.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Fatty Holt retires........ on 15:32 - Aug 24 with 5358 viewsFixed_It

He can't spell either, if you no what I mean...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Fatty Holt retires........ on 15:49 - Aug 24 with 5275 viewsconnorscontract

Fatty Holt retires........ on 15:07 - Aug 24 by judespiveyg

I see a reply from a Norwich fan using the words 'Norwich City legend', he'll be joining the folklore with other magnificent footballers such as Darren Huckerby, Wes Hoolahan and Bryan Gunn.

The equivalent Ipswich figure would be Ian Marshall, I would guess. Maybe Scowie or Shefki Kuqi? Or possibly Alex Mathie.

None of whom, with all respect, would get near an All-Time ITFC XI. Whereas I suspect Holt would be in with a shout for a Participants XI.
Fatty Holt retires........ on 16:03 - Aug 24 with 5216 viewsstig4532

I guess there was a lot of weight on his shoulders ...
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 20:02]
Fatty Holt retires........ on 16:33 - Aug 24 with 5124 viewsyoda

Fatty Holt retires........ on 15:49 - Aug 24 by connorscontract

The equivalent Ipswich figure would be Ian Marshall, I would guess. Maybe Scowie or Shefki Kuqi? Or possibly Alex Mathie.

None of whom, with all respect, would get near an All-Time ITFC XI. Whereas I suspect Holt would be in with a shout for a Participants XI.

Don't talk wet.None of those you quote got anywhere near the amount of goals Holt did for Norwich, being largely responsible for getting us back to back promotions,3 player of the year awards and 6th all time highest goalscorer.
Fatty Holt retires........ on 16:38 - Aug 24 with 5084 viewsSpruceMoose

Fatty Holt retires........ on 16:33 - Aug 24 by yoda

Don't talk wet.None of those you quote got anywhere near the amount of goals Holt did for Norwich, being largely responsible for getting us back to back promotions,3 player of the year awards and 6th all time highest goalscorer.

Bahahah triggered!

Your all time top scorer doesn't even get in our top five.

Bless your minnowy hearts!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Fatty Holt retires........ on 16:40 - Aug 24 with 5086 viewshype313

Holt's best season for you lot was in the 3rd tier of English football.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Fatty Holt retires........ on 16:40 - Aug 24 with 5086 viewsGeoffSentence

1 do you have a browser extension that automatically alerts you to Norwich related threads.

2. All that does back up the gravity prone lard-arse's case as a Norwich legend and at the same illuminates how shallow your pool of real legends must be.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Fatty Holt retires........ on 16:41 - Aug 24 with 5079 viewsm14_blue

A pantomime villain but I always quite liked the way he handled the abuse.

Bang average player but did a good job for them lot, I'm glad they've no one even close to being that effective in their current, relegation haunted, team.
Fatty Holt retires........ on 16:44 - Aug 24 with 5063 viewsjudespiveyg

Whose the equivalent then? Daryl Murphy maybe? Got 67 town goals to Holts 68 scum goals. Both not hugely gifted footballers but crucial for the system of play being utilised. Holts certainly not as good as Mariner, or Brazil, or Gates, or Crawford, or Phillips, or Whymark, or Stewart, or Johnson, or Kiwomya, or Dozzell, or Bent, or Counago, or a hell of a lot of other Ipswich forwards whereas Holt has to be top three Norwich forwards ever, which isn't saying much I admit.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Fatty Holt retires........ on 16:50 - Aug 24 with 5034 viewsRonFearonsHair

Wish there were more characters like Holt who properly play to the crowd. Seems like a really genuine, family man too.
I trust the school won't be requiring him to cover English grammar lessons though..
Fatty Holt retires........ on 16:52 - Aug 24 with 5028 viewsbrogansnose

Thing is Yoda, this lot on here would have loved to have had him at PR because during the period you had him we had utter gunge as strikers.

I don't mind the bloke as far as Nodgers go and he made me smile when he came back to PR with Wigan ?. He's certainly not as big a carnt as the like of Huckerby.
Fatty Holt retires........ on 19:00 - Aug 24 with 4787 viewsBlueNomad

Fatty Holt retires........ on 16:52 - Aug 24 by brogansnose

Thing is Yoda, this lot on here would have loved to have had him at PR because during the period you had him we had utter gunge as strikers.

I don't mind the bloke as far as Nodgers go and he made me smile when he came back to PR with Wigan ?. He's certainly not as big a carnt as the like of Huckerby.

I always liked Flecky’s sense of fun as panto villain. Holt hurt us by falling down regularly
Fatty Holt retires........ on 19:17 - Aug 24 with 4749 viewsconnorscontract

Back of the net! The keep net that is. Bit weird this fish has six fish fingers!?!
Fatty Holt retires........ on 19:26 - Aug 24 with 4712 viewsconnorscontract

Fatty Holt retires........ on 16:44 - Aug 24 by judespiveyg

Whose the equivalent then? Daryl Murphy maybe? Got 67 town goals to Holts 68 scum goals. Both not hugely gifted footballers but crucial for the system of play being utilised. Holts certainly not as good as Mariner, or Brazil, or Gates, or Crawford, or Phillips, or Whymark, or Stewart, or Johnson, or Kiwomya, or Dozzell, or Bent, or Counago, or a hell of a lot of other Ipswich forwards whereas Holt has to be top three Norwich forwards ever, which isn't saying much I admit.

Who are their top 3?

Sutton?

Fleck?

Holt?

Just above record signing Ricky Van Wolfswinkel.

Obviously it might have been Ashton, who was a genuinely gifted footballer.
Fatty Holt retires........ on 19:26 - Aug 24 with 4710 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How did he ever get the decisions he got?

The red card (for Delaney was it?) for a professional foul on the halfway line comes to mind.

He was good at what he did in a kind of Akinfenwa kind of way. It is easy to see why he was adored by them as there hasn't been much competition for top player. I wonder if Rhodes will have displaced him by the end of the season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

on 07:56 - Aug 25 with 4344 views_

Fatty Holt retires........ on 08:20 - Aug 25 with 4301 viewsHerbivore

By all accounts he's a really good guy. I warmed to him massively when he came to PR with Wolves, he was warming up by the north stand and getting dogs abuse and took it all with a smile. Then chants of 'did you shag Delia?' started up and he looked at the stand, smiled and nodded and held up two fingers to indicate he'd done her twice. Everyone laughed, I think he even got a brief clap.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fatty Holt retires........ on 09:37 - Aug 25 with 4203 viewsmonty_radio

In a straight comparison of apps and goals Brazil is almost identical. Even as a Town fan you'd probably have to admit that Holt, as a hold-up player, added more to the team except a transfer fee - we have often cashed in on potent strikers at an early stage e.g. Johnson (the first), Belfitt, Stewart. Good for them as he was, Holt's limitations kept him there.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Fatty Holt retires........ on 10:00 - Aug 25 with 4175 viewsHerbivore

Fatty Holt retires........ on 09:37 - Aug 25 by monty_radio

In a straight comparison of apps and goals Brazil is almost identical. Even as a Town fan you'd probably have to admit that Holt, as a hold-up player, added more to the team except a transfer fee - we have often cashed in on potent strikers at an early stage e.g. Johnson (the first), Belfitt, Stewart. Good for them as he was, Holt's limitations kept him there.

Brazil didn't score the majority of those goals in the second and third tiers though, they were scored in the top flight and in Europe.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Fatty Holt retires........ on 13:09 - Aug 25 with 4027 viewsmonty_radio

Fatty Holt retires........ on 10:00 - Aug 25 by Herbivore

Brazil didn't score the majority of those goals in the second and third tiers though, they were scored in the top flight and in Europe.

That's true - and would contribute to why Brazil went on to Spurs and Holt to Wigan.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Fatty Holt retires........ on 13:11 - Aug 25 with 4024 viewsRIPbobby

Fatty Holt retires........ on 19:26 - Aug 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

How did he ever get the decisions he got?

The red card (for Delaney was it?) for a professional foul on the halfway line comes to mind.

He was good at what he did in a kind of Akinfenwa kind of way. It is easy to see why he was adored by them as there hasn't been much competition for top player. I wonder if Rhodes will have displaced him by the end of the season.

DIdn't Delaney get sent off for exactly the same foul Holt did on him in the 2nd minute from memory?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024