Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WAKE UP TOWN FANS 17:09 - Aug 25 with 15864 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Sell Championship quality players, replace the with L1/L2 players, no wonder we are heading for League 1.

No quality especially second half today, a brief positive spell between the goal and half time but other than offer nothing.

A team filled with League 1 players in a division full of real quality. We create nothing and when we do create we don't have the quality to finish.

4-1-4-1 is a terribly defensive formation, we offer nothing going forward, something has to change next week. Norwich is a must win, if we don't win next week, we will be relegated this year if we don't make changes.

WAKE UP TOWN FANS.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:35 - Aug 25 with 3933 viewsstrikalite

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:24 - Aug 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

We have team full of L1 players, trying to compete in a highly quality filled championship, recipe for disaster unless something changes.

We are what we are, none of us want this ffs, what do you plan to do about it? We can all stick together and give the new lads our support or give up on them after just five friggin games...think about it..
WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:38 - Aug 25 with 3922 viewsAYACCA

yeah but someones gotta finish bottom.... at least league 1 will be a change. exciting games against peterbro, Luton and Norwich!
just chill, its football, not life
WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:38 - Aug 25 with 3920 viewsWonky

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:35 - Aug 25 by strikalite

We are what we are, none of us want this ffs, what do you plan to do about it? We can all stick together and give the new lads our support or give up on them after just five friggin games...think about it..

This.
WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:39 - Aug 25 with 3917 viewspointofblue

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:30 - Aug 25 by BerlinBlue

Look Private Frazer, it's still August. New players, new manager, new regime. Have patience.

I'm happy to be called Frazer too but my concern is the lack of incremental improvement game on game - every time the opposition seem to improve against us in the second half (albeit some games then become 'even' rather than us dominating), every set piece is a threat as we can't seem to defend them, Bart has lost his spark from last year - poor coaching? - and our play in the final third is insipid.

These things won't be sorted out overnight, it's not possible for them to be. But a sign of development on each of these would be good to see as I don't think that's evident at the moment.

Hurst is still the right guy and he's trying to do the right thing but things do need to click sooner rather than later.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:41 - Aug 25 with 3915 viewsITFCBlues

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:19 - Aug 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

So you think everything is going well, we barely create a chance, play an incredibly defensive formation, offer limited support to a lone striker, neither striker has scored a single goal in 5 games. Its not like we are playing incredibly well, chances are coming by the boatload and its inevitable the wins are around the corner, because the reality is, we are not.

You’re aware that we play the exact same formation as Man City?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:43 - Aug 25 with 3905 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:41 - Aug 25 by ITFCBlues

You’re aware that we play the exact same formation as Man City?

I needed a laugh today

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:45 - Aug 25 with 3899 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:38 - Aug 25 by AYACCA

yeah but someones gotta finish bottom.... at least league 1 will be a change. exciting games against peterbro, Luton and Norwich!
just chill, its football, not life

its football, its one of biggest emotional entertainment industries in the world. I cant help it

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:46 - Aug 25 with 3892 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:30 - Aug 25 by BerlinBlue

Look Private Frazer, it's still August. New players, new manager, new regime. Have patience.

We look no different than under MM, just with worse players.

Login to get fewer ads

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:53 - Aug 25 with 3876 viewseireblue

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:13 - Aug 25 by J2BLUE

5 games in, 41 to go and next week is 'must win'.

Why talk such complete sh1te?

7 points of the playoff places with 41 games to go, you say.

Hmmm, nice.
WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 18:02 - Aug 25 with 3863 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:53 - Aug 25 by eireblue

7 points of the playoff places with 41 games to go, you say.

Hmmm, nice.

Yeah we'll see how that pans out

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 18:15 - Aug 25 with 3851 viewsPecker

A little early for all of that. We all need to give the new manager and players time. We haven't been hammered by anybody yet, so that is a point against your argument. If this league is full of quality as you say, then you would have thought that if we were relegation fodder, then we would be getting well beaten. Next week will be interesting as the scum are not exactly pulling up trees. I would take a deep breath, have a cold beer and chill. We will be just fine. And before you ask, yes, just on my way back, so my opinion does count.
WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 19:03 - Aug 25 with 3827 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 18:15 - Aug 25 by Pecker

A little early for all of that. We all need to give the new manager and players time. We haven't been hammered by anybody yet, so that is a point against your argument. If this league is full of quality as you say, then you would have thought that if we were relegation fodder, then we would be getting well beaten. Next week will be interesting as the scum are not exactly pulling up trees. I would take a deep breath, have a cold beer and chill. We will be just fine. And before you ask, yes, just on my way back, so my opinion does count.

I will take interest in your point then, if you were there today. But ask yourself, bar Rotherham away where I thought we were very good technically, creatively and should have put them to bed (as we should do). Ask yourself please... have we really really been good enough, are we really creating exciting bits of play, opening teams up, creating numerous chances per game, I would suggest not and today I was thinking the same.

Im worried, and based a track record at Shrewsbury last year, he does not open teams up with an expansive philosophy that was not his style of play, he is very much similar to MM in that respect, I think hat showed with his no.9 last year Carlton Morris who scored 6 goals in 42 games. That is my biggest concern, we will not create enough or score enough goals.

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 20:57 - Aug 25 with 3779 viewsPecker

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 19:03 - Aug 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

I will take interest in your point then, if you were there today. But ask yourself, bar Rotherham away where I thought we were very good technically, creatively and should have put them to bed (as we should do). Ask yourself please... have we really really been good enough, are we really creating exciting bits of play, opening teams up, creating numerous chances per game, I would suggest not and today I was thinking the same.

Im worried, and based a track record at Shrewsbury last year, he does not open teams up with an expansive philosophy that was not his style of play, he is very much similar to MM in that respect, I think hat showed with his no.9 last year Carlton Morris who scored 6 goals in 42 games. That is my biggest concern, we will not create enough or score enough goals.

That is a fair comment, but talk of relegation in August is just ridiculous. I was hoping for a better start, but it is what it is. ME isn't going to spend a fortune so promotion at this stage isn't a realistic goal. I would expect mid table finishes until ME sells up. The days of dipping into the lower leagues and finding instant jewels are over pretty much, so we have to hope on developing them over time. So lower league and youth players is the way things will be until ME sells. Not saying we are happy with the situation, but it ain't changing anytime soon, so might as well get use to it. Give this bunch time and our usual about 15th place will come. As for todays game, with 11 men on the pitch for 90 minutes, we would have had a chance of a point. Yes we are not playing the expansive type of football I and most crave, but over time MM will be a distant memory and hopefully PH will have taken us forward. Why people are jumping on your comments is because you are to quick to judge. All Town fans will be concerned about our start, but the majority of us understand that this isn't going to be a quick fix. Nobody has hammered us yet and once we gel, with a fair wind we will start to climb the league.
WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 22:02 - Aug 25 with 3749 viewsslump

You are DanFord and I claim my £5

UTT

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 22:08 - Aug 25 with 3737 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 20:57 - Aug 25 by Pecker

That is a fair comment, but talk of relegation in August is just ridiculous. I was hoping for a better start, but it is what it is. ME isn't going to spend a fortune so promotion at this stage isn't a realistic goal. I would expect mid table finishes until ME sells up. The days of dipping into the lower leagues and finding instant jewels are over pretty much, so we have to hope on developing them over time. So lower league and youth players is the way things will be until ME sells. Not saying we are happy with the situation, but it ain't changing anytime soon, so might as well get use to it. Give this bunch time and our usual about 15th place will come. As for todays game, with 11 men on the pitch for 90 minutes, we would have had a chance of a point. Yes we are not playing the expansive type of football I and most crave, but over time MM will be a distant memory and hopefully PH will have taken us forward. Why people are jumping on your comments is because you are to quick to judge. All Town fans will be concerned about our start, but the majority of us understand that this isn't going to be a quick fix. Nobody has hammered us yet and once we gel, with a fair wind we will start to climb the league.

Fair point, taken fully onboard.

Just read someone comment about Chris Martin on loan, I think that would be a fantastic signing for a year I must say to lead the line.

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 22:25 - Aug 25 with 3714 viewsDeano69

Who are these ‘Championship Quality’ players we’ve sold?

Waghorn didn’t want to play for us, not entirely sure Garner did either, Webster was hardly established and McGoldrick was really not going to be a regular for us and hadn’t really performed for some time.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 22:50 - Aug 25 with 3688 viewsCaptMickMills

Deserved to win

Game changed by joke sending off.

Need to be more ruthless up front.

But far better than MM dross.

Need a bit of luck and decent ref.
WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 23:03 - Aug 25 with 3670 viewsSwansea_Blue

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 17:31 - Aug 25 by Johnny_Boy

Most sensible people knew the transitional period would be tough. Anyone else that thought otherwise is an idiot. Quite frankly.

Disagree. You’re assuming there’s going to be a transition into a better team. We hope that’s the case but nobody knows if that will happen.

What the OP talks about is a very obvious risk that was widely discussed during the window. If you sell your best players and replace with players inexperienced at this level, or even the one below, of course it’s a risk. A big one. We’re hoping and preying PH has what it takes to turn them into a competitive team. But he’s facing an uphill battle with one of the smallest budgets in the league.

Pointing out the obvious doesn’t make someone an “idiot” any more than having blind faith in an uncertain outcome does.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 20:51 - Sep 22 with 3423 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

-28 votes and abuse reported. Doesn’t look so stupid now.

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 20:52 - Sep 22 with 3414 viewsSpruceMoose

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 20:51 - Sep 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

-28 votes and abuse reported. Doesn’t look so stupid now.

Dragging this post up from the depths, reeking of insecurity and a need for validation does though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 21:46 - Sep 22 with 3367 viewsKeaneish

Ha! We never played 4-1-4-1 so any credibility your post had went out the window. We played a 4-2-3-1 and Bolton played a 4-4-1-1.

As for selling Championship players and buying league 1 meaning we're league 1 material, that's such a weak argument its laughable. Yawn. Going to be a long season now the fickle have found their voice.

Anyway, on to Birmingham...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 21:47 - Sep 22 with 3365 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 20:52 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Dragging this post up from the depths, reeking of insecurity and a need for validation does though.

Call me Mystic Mac

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 22:44 - Sep 22 with 3300 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 21:46 - Sep 22 by Keaneish

Ha! We never played 4-1-4-1 so any credibility your post had went out the window. We played a 4-2-3-1 and Bolton played a 4-4-1-1.

As for selling Championship players and buying league 1 meaning we're league 1 material, that's such a weak argument its laughable. Yawn. Going to be a long season now the fickle have found their voice.

His post was from a month ago, before we changed formation about 8 times in 3 weeks...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 23:14 - Sep 22 with 3279 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 21:46 - Sep 22 by Keaneish

Considering this post was from about 6/7 games ago...?

Played a 4-2-3-1 today but the principle was the same. And we moved into a 4-1-4-1 second half with Edun coming on.

It would be laughable to think we are anything above league 1 material right now.

WAKE UP TOWN FANS on 23:21 - Sep 22 with 3269 viewsFolkestonian

Come on. One win. We are out of the drop zone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024