Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Out of control and excessively agressive".... 08:14 - Aug 26 with 3430 viewsBloots

....I can imagine the response already.

"Oh and have another game for being cheeky"

Guaranteed.

Turds.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 08:19 - Aug 26 with 3392 viewsSteve_M

Bound to happen but have to appeal it anyway. I'm still bemused by Bannon's petulant lunge only been a yellow, perhaps Edwards should have gone down as if he had been shot.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 08:36 - Aug 26 with 3319 viewstractorboy1978

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 08:19 - Aug 26 by Steve_M

Bound to happen but have to appeal it anyway. I'm still bemused by Bannon's petulant lunge only been a yellow, perhaps Edwards should have gone down as if he had been shot.

Ditto the Harrison challenge that was absolutely no where near the ball. It wasn't a red card but a lot worse than the Nsiala tackle.

No doubt if we appeal they will hide behind the 'out of control and excessively aggressive' line that basically means any player can be sent off for anything on the judgement of a referee.
Out of control ? on 10:12 - Aug 26 with 3105 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 08:19 - Aug 26 by Steve_M

Forrestierri was so late into the tackle he actually kick Nsiala.

At no point did Nsiala dive at him - played the ball and moved it forward to Edwards.

Forrestierri came in from a different angle and wasn’t up to speed as just came on.

Being there - their crowd were as surprised as were.
They were on the refs back after our goal . They showed the replay instantly but we couldn’t see (our steward said) in the away end - they thought it was offside!

Huge game to come-both east Anglian teams could be 23 and 24 after next weeks game even with a win for us.
Green shoots - but after next week the green shoots may have been dug up and a long winter ahead with knowledge of little fruition to come.
"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 10:21 - Aug 26 with 3083 viewsMullet

Just seen the Quest coverage again, I don't understand how he is supposed to stop the "follow through" when that scrote is going in towards him. We'd need Stephen Hawking as a defensive coach to avoid that surely?

Let alone, actually debating whether that follow through is even worthy of a red card. Bannan's were both worse and more out of control and he got nothing for either, presumably because he weighs less than a medium sized dog and has sh1t hair.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 10:26 - Aug 26 with 3057 viewsDennyx4

Got to appeal that for the sanity of the game.

I would be going into the appeal with similar tackles, clearances from the game (same ref) and highlight the lack of consistency, as well as highlighting no foul made.

If they give an additional game, so be it - I would have to appeal out of principle
"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 10:35 - Aug 26 with 3018 viewsRadlett_blue

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 10:26 - Aug 26 by Dennyx4

Got to appeal that for the sanity of the game.

I would be going into the appeal with similar tackles, clearances from the game (same ref) and highlight the lack of consistency, as well as highlighting no foul made.

If they give an additional game, so be it - I would have to appeal out of principle

I personally didn't see it as a foul, let alone a red, but the current laws say the following:
"Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned.
Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off."
Arguably, the challenge could be considered excessive & endangering the safety of an opponent.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 10:48 - Aug 26 with 2968 viewstractorboy1978

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 10:35 - Aug 26 by Radlett_blue

I personally didn't see it as a foul, let alone a red, but the current laws say the following:
"Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned.
Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off."
Arguably, the challenge could be considered excessive & endangering the safety of an opponent.

As could a lot of challenges if the ref decides to see them that way.
"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 10:50 - Aug 26 with 2955 viewsDennyx4

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 10:35 - Aug 26 by Radlett_blue

Just didn't see it as excessive force.
Login to get fewer ads

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 11:08 - Aug 26 with 2903 viewsWD19

On that basis smashing a penalty in past a goalkeeper rather than placing it is now a sending off offence because you are endangering the custodian unnecessarily!?

.....and don’t get me started on goalkeepers flying out with their fists through a crowd of heads which is apparently still all OK.
(No subject) on 11:16 - Aug 26 with 2872 viewswarkthisway

Yes but he didn’t need to jump in like that with 15 minutes to go - showed the weakness of getting in lower league players showing inexperience. -and giving the ref the excuse to send him off- we are rock bottom because of poor management decisions from the top.

bentnkuqi

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 11:18 - Aug 26 with 2867 viewsTrequartista

Is that still a thing?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

(No subject) on 14:29 - Aug 26 with 2682 viewsPositivelyPortman

(No subject) on 11:16 - Aug 26 by warkthisway

Yes but he didn’t need to jump in like that with 15 minutes to go - showed the weakness of getting in lower league players showing inexperience. -and giving the ref the excuse to send him off- we are rock bottom because of poor management decisions from the top.

You d!ck scummer.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

(No subject) on 14:33 - Aug 26 with 2660 viewsSlambo

(No subject) on 11:16 - Aug 26 by warkthisway

We're not 'rock' bottom. Saying we're 'rock' bottom implies that we're 7 points away from the team in 23rd, as opposed to 7 points away from the blummin' playoff places...although I suspect you deliberately used the term to add emphasis to your doom and gloom agenda...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 14:36 - Aug 26 with 2640 viewsDarth_Koont

I can see the studs up being a problem despite it being a clearance and it looked like Forestieri forced the contact. So I'm not sure they'll overturn the decision if they can't categorically state it wasn't a foul.

But I'd be amazed if it was considered a frivolous appeal. As a worst case, it looks worthy of discussion.

Pronouns: He/Him

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 15:39 - Aug 26 with 2534 viewschristiand

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 14:36 - Aug 26 by Darth_Koont

I can see the studs up being a problem despite it being a clearance and it looked like Forestieri forced the contact. So I'm not sure they'll overturn the decision if they can't categorically state it wasn't a foul.

But I'd be amazed if it was considered a frivolous appeal. As a worst case, it looks worthy of discussion.

They weren’t really up, also I’m not sure how you’re meant to tackle considering the position of the ball. If that decision is upheld then the football league should outlaw all tackling in the game. Watched it again this morning, just a pathetic decision by the referee.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 15:41 - Aug 26 with 2511 viewsDarth_Koont

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 15:39 - Aug 26 by christiand

They weren’t really up, also I’m not sure how you’re meant to tackle considering the position of the ball. If that decision is upheld then the football league should outlaw all tackling in the game. Watched it again this morning, just a pathetic decision by the referee.

But that's part of the problem. Even you are calling it a tackle when I think it was much more of a clearance. If the panel see it as a tackle then the studs showing are a factor.

(No subject) on 15:48 - Aug 26 with 2475 viewschristiand

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 15:41 - Aug 26 by Darth_Koont

But that's part of the problem. Even you are calling it a tackle when I think it was much more of a clearance. If the panel see it as a tackle then the studs showing are a factor.

Then take out the use of players being able to use their feet fullstop, trying to defend that decision is senseless. Whether it was a tackle or deemed a clearance there was nothing wrong with it, if anything I think he’s trying to keep his foot down to avoid showing studs. The lad couldn’t do much more, it just highlights a referee that doesn’t know what a good tackle or interception is.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 18:57]

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 15:52 - Aug 26 with 2457 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 15:48 - Aug 26 by christiand

Then take out the use of players being able to use their feet fullstop, trying to defend that decision is senseless. Whether it was a tackle or deemed a clearance there was nothing wrong with it, if anything I think he’s trying to keep his foot down to avoid showing studs. The lad couldn’t do much more, it just highlights a referee that doesn’t know what a good tackle or interception is.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 18:57]

You don't seem to want to listen.

I'm not defending the decision (a straight red looks way off) but I don't think it'll be clearcut enough to overturn.

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 15:54 - Aug 26 with 2444 viewsRadlett_blue

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 10:48 - Aug 26 by tractorboy1978

As could a lot of challenges if the ref decides to see them that way.

Yes, you're right, but if when making a challenge like that, you clatter into an opponent, some refs will therefore deem it excessive. As I said, I didn't even see it as a foul but I understand the reasoning behind the decision.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 15:55 - Aug 26 with 2432 viewschristiand

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 15:52 - Aug 26 by Darth_Koont

You don't seem to want to listen.

I'm not defending the decision (a straight red looks way off) but I don't think it'll be clearcut enough to overturn.

I do want to listen, but honestly the stand to justify that decision is just ridiculous. If that was you making that tackle, clearance or interception (however you want to classify it) you’d expect to be sent off? No, is the answer you’re searching for Darth Koont.

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 16:01 - Aug 26 with 2407 viewschristiand

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 15:54 - Aug 26 by Radlett_blue

Yes, you're right, but if when making a challenge like that, you clatter into an opponent, some refs will therefore deem it excessive. As I said, I didn't even see it as a foul but I understand the reasoning behind the decision.

How is a player meant to stop momentum after sliding in and winning the ball fairly? Perhaps the Wednesday player could have jumped out of the way instead of running into him deliberately?

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 16:02 - Aug 26 with 2401 viewsDarth_Koont

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 15:55 - Aug 26 by christiand

I do want to listen, but honestly the stand to justify that decision is just ridiculous. If that was you making that tackle, clearance or interception (however you want to classify it) you’d expect to be sent off? No, is the answer you’re searching for Darth Koont.

But if I intended getting to the ball first and making a clearance and I ended up making contact with a player with my studs showing, then the ref can argue I was off my feet and out of control.

It's harsh and I think the ref is wrong but on those grounds the panel might well say they can't or won't overturn it.

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 16:09 - Aug 26 with 2362 viewschristiand

"Out of control and excessively agressive".... on 16:02 - Aug 26 by Darth_Koont

But if I intended getting to the ball first and making a clearance and I ended up making contact with a player with my studs showing, then the ref can argue I was off my feet and out of control.

It's harsh and I think the ref is wrong but on those grounds the panel might well say they can't or won't overturn it.

Well if they do, then like I said earlier just stop tackling in the game and eliminate any physical contact. I just hope common sense prevails because that was one of the poorest decisions I have seen for sometime and classified a straight red too! Just watched Watford's Capoue run his studs down Palace’s Zaha’s Achilles but that’s deemed a yellow card and this happened right in front of the official. They just don’t know what a good or bad challenge is.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024