Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan 19:09 - Aug 26 with 4411 viewsGarv

Anyone a tad underwhelmed so far?

This is my own fault as much as anything for overhyping a player in my head before he's joined.

Not a moan, just a question. You can see he's a tidy ball player and he does find space well, but I must admit I was under the impression he was going to be the creative spark we were missing. Doesn't appear to be the case so far, I'd like to see him at the edge of the box more with the confidence to have a pop.

Still time obviously, but I'd love to have Huws and Bishop competing for that spot soon.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Nolan on 19:14 - Aug 26 with 4358 viewsAlong

Agree, I don't know what some people are expecting, a 26 year old who has never played above l1 level, he isn't suddenly going to rip up the championship...just a squad player, expensive one at that.
Nolan on 19:16 - Aug 26 with 4341 viewsDennyx4

Agree, still time for him to make his mark.

Like you, probably the one I was expecting the most from, so had more to prove.
Nolan on 19:18 - Aug 26 with 4327 viewsBenno1960

agree about shooting, he has had a few pops but rarely hits the target

Again, it may be a confidence thing
Nolan on 19:23 - Aug 26 with 4268 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was never a fan of his sisters.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nolan on 19:27 - Aug 26 with 4250 viewsgeg1992

He’s really disappointed me. Was afraid to say it as assumed I was the only one.

It’s edwards, Donacien and Nsiala that have really impressed me. The others...meh, although that’s probably unfair as the strikers haven’t had the service.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Nolan on 19:35 - Aug 26 with 4188 viewsDennyx4

Nolan on 19:27 - Aug 26 by geg1992

He’s really disappointed me. Was afraid to say it as assumed I was the only one.

It’s edwards, Donacien and Nsiala that have really impressed me. The others...meh, although that’s probably unfair as the strikers haven’t had the service.

Similar, albeit I would add Edun to your list of those that have impressed.

Jury still out on Nolan, Harrison, Jackson, Chalobah and Roberts.
Nolan on 19:42 - Aug 26 with 4132 viewsBrixtonBlue

I thought Nolan was excellent yesterday and is steadily improving/finding his feet with every game.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nolan on 19:52 - Aug 26 with 4062 viewsjas0999

I completely agree with you. Spot on.
Login to get fewer ads

Nolan on 20:08 - Aug 26 with 3967 viewsITFCBlues

Nolan on 19:27 - Aug 26 by geg1992

For me the jury is still out on Edwards. He’s had 2-3 runs in the first 5 games - that’s no where near enough. The last two games in particular he’s done absolutely nothing.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Nolan on 20:17 - Aug 26 with 3892 viewsBluesky

Watch. There will be a sea change when he gets his full confidence. At present he plays like he can't quite believe he is in the championship, but he will blossom and become a force. I see an Alan Ball 'edge' to him.
Nolan on 20:19 - Aug 26 with 3883 viewsReuser_is_God

He’s making a step up, give him more than 3 games please.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Nolan on 20:20 - Aug 26 with 3877 viewsBLUEBEAT

Nolan on 20:08 - Aug 26 by ITFCBlues

For me the jury is still out on Edwards. He’s had 2-3 runs in the first 5 games - that’s no where near enough. The last two games in particular he’s done absolutely nothing.

This.

It’s a concern as teams already know that snuffing him out of the game results in next to no threat on their goal.

I fully expect the Budgies to knock the sh!t out of him in the first twenty minutes of Sunday’s match.

Poll: W or W

Nolan on 20:29 - Aug 26 with 3807 viewsSomethingBlue

No he's had four games.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Nolan on 20:38 - Aug 26 with 3743 viewsCurrie10

Almost as if teams have worked out he's our main outlet and have stopped him doing anything....!

A lot of work to do.
Nolan on 20:41 - Aug 26 with 3726 viewsBonchosBicycle

I think Chalobah is a diamond in the rough - probably why Chelsea let us have him for a year. He generally has good positional sense and vision. He also seems to be vocal which I'd expect from an England captain. He's certainly not a finished product and he's prone to rash errant balls but I think he will settle in nicely.
Nolan on 20:44 - Aug 26 with 3707 viewsBueller

Two games I’ve seen him play in I have not been impressed. Picks up the ball well but then plays side wards and seems reluctant to have a shot. I’m sure Nsiala said he was as good as Ross Barkley a few weeks ago. Bold.
Nolan on 22:00 - Aug 26 with 3375 viewsbournemouthblue

He's looked alright to me in patches and obviously has to get used to the level but he has seemed a little light weight and may disappear in the more physical games

We will see, he is getting used to the level

We may see more from him if we can get some decent movement in and around from him

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Nolan on 22:22 - Aug 26 with 3303 viewsstrikalite

Has he got a shot on him? Playing that 10 role he really needs to have...
Nolan on 22:34 - Aug 26 with 3276 viewsIllinoisblue

the jury is still out in August? good to know

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nolan on 22:41 - Aug 26 with 3258 viewsVic

He’s played a couple of games with injuries hasn’t he? Not ideal.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Nolan on 22:47 - Aug 26 with 3233 viewsAnewHop

Nolan on 22:00 - Aug 26 by bournemouthblue

He's looked alright to me in patches and obviously has to get used to the level but he has seemed a little light weight and may disappear in the more physical games

We will see, he is getting used to the level

We may see more from him if we can get some decent movement in and around from him

Looks very comfortable on the ball, plays with his head up and doesn’t concede possession that often from what I’ve seen. Looks a very promising signing to me. I’d expect him to drop deeper if Hughes can get himself fit enough for the first team.
Nolan on 22:55 - Aug 26 with 3199 viewsBraveDave

Nolan on 22:47 - Aug 26 by AnewHop

Looks very comfortable on the ball, plays with his head up and doesn’t concede possession that often from what I’ve seen. Looks a very promising signing to me. I’d expect him to drop deeper if Hughes can get himself fit enough for the first team.

Same here. Strange, isn't it? I've been quite impressed by him. Admittedly he hasn't set the world on fire, but considering he has just come into the Championship, I've thought he's looked at home, quite comfortable on the ball, with a few really good passes in him. As I say, still some way to go, but I think he's got the makings of a top player. ITFC legend in waiting!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024