Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managers taking clubs as far as they can... 09:12 - Aug 27 with 1749 viewsElephantintheRoom

The Portman Road faithful wanted change - and got it. Now a few straws are being clutched as those same supporters see the few strengths of McCarthy's team gone and little so far to replace them. In years gone by, equally deluded supporters of clubs like Charlton and Bolton grew tired of Curbishley and Allerdyce. Looking at the table today I wonder if supporters of WBA and Stoke are wondering what they wished for when the Boro manager was hounded out of their clubs. These are bleak times to be a Town or Norwich supporter and I can't remember any time to rival this when the derby match counted for so little. It feels like a game where there can be no winners. The Norwich game might actually be an interesting match up IF Mick is installed as their manager in the next 2 weeks. Now that really would make this a season of transition

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 09:15 - Aug 27 with 1726 viewsJimmyJazz

In the next 2 weeks? We play them in 6 days???

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 09:20 - Aug 27 with 1705 viewsTendring_Blue

Did you have to go to work on the bank holiday or something?

Have a stiff drink and mop yourself down!
Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 09:23 - Aug 27 with 1683 viewsbluejacko

Oh dear! Reading this type of bollards really does make me wonder if it actually worth logging on here any more.
Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 09:25 - Aug 27 with 1670 viewsartsbossbeard

Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 09:23 - Aug 27 by bluejacko

Oh dear! Reading this type of bollards really does make me wonder if it actually worth logging on here any more.

If we weren't bottom of the league, not powder puff up front and not porous at the back, I'd agree.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 09:29 - Aug 27 with 1646 viewsJimmyJazz

Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 09:25 - Aug 27 by artsbossbeard

If we weren't bottom of the league, not powder puff up front and not porous at the back, I'd agree.

Are we porous at the back? 8 goals in 5 games, could be our record in any of the past 10 seasons

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 09:31 - Aug 27 with 1634 viewsartsbossbeard

Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 09:29 - Aug 27 by JimmyJazz

Are we porous at the back? 8 goals in 5 games, could be our record in any of the past 10 seasons

Leaky then.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 09:31 - Aug 27 with 1637 viewsTractorCam

Another way to look at it is both teams have started poorly, so the derby match actually counts for quite a lot...

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 13:02 - Aug 27 with 1488 viewsHennikerBlu

Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 09:31 - Aug 27 by TractorCam

Another way to look at it is both teams have started poorly, so the derby match actually counts for quite a lot...

You are correct, it is massive for the players and critically for the fans.

It will also bring out a lot of those fans that don't go anymore or regularly, increase media coverage local and pundit interest. So a great opportunity to showcase what PH is all about.
Login to get fewer ads

Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 13:23 - Aug 27 with 1427 viewsRocky

OP, you're not a big fan of Farke then? Who would you like to see replace him?
It can't be much fun for you at the moment.
Managers taking clubs as far as they can... on 13:47 - Aug 27 with 1364 viewsmonty_radio

The three big players that have gone wanted to. The relief of Mick's going and the enthusiasm of Klug raised a small wave of camaraderie and the feeling we'd got our club back.

But taking away the 4- game false start our season unfolded to reveal the state we'd gradually reached over several years.

Now we have embarked on a new strategy making different use of our limited resource. There's no "elephant in the room"; most recognise that we are at risk. But in reality, that risk has long been apparent.

The knowledgeable comments from such as Phil, Watson & co all point in the same direction, that it's a hard but unsurprising difficult dawn, and that Town do not look too far short in the squad if a winger and defender can be obtained.

I hope we beat Norwich for all the usual reasons (though as I've got older that bragging rights stuff has meant less and less) - but mainly to stop the deluge of allegedly new posters proclaiming that the end of the world is at hand as well as in hand under our new management.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024