Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a 08:23 - Aug 28 with 1604 viewsMugwump

political fight.

Some great news of late from the very underestimated Michael Gove.

A week or so ago he announced that puppies and kittens will only be allowed to be purchased from registered breeders or rescue centres** so goodbye puppy farms, dodgy European breeders and overcrowded caged pet shop sales.

Now I hear he is banning the shock collar, more good news.

** Not sure what this means if your own pet gets pregnant.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 8:27]
Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 08:46 - Aug 28 with 1557 viewshomer_123

I read that as 'the late Michael Gove'.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

on 09:45 - Aug 28 with 1510 views_

Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 09:51 - Aug 28 with 1498 viewsm14_blue

on 09:45 - Aug 28 by _

He's a strange one, an unmitigated disaster as education secretary but did excellent work in prisons (since completely undone by the horrific Chris Grayling) and seems to be performing relatively well at DEFRA.

Politically he stands for pretty much the complete opposite of my beliefs but I think there are a lot less competent cabinet ministers out there. Which admittedly is slightly damning with faint praise when you look at some of the other specimens currently representing us.
Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 10:05 - Aug 28 with 1482 viewsGlasgowBlue

Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 09:51 - Aug 28 by m14_blue

He's a strange one, an unmitigated disaster as education secretary but did excellent work in prisons (since completely undone by the horrific Chris Grayling) and seems to be performing relatively well at DEFRA.

Politically he stands for pretty much the complete opposite of my beliefs but I think there are a lot less competent cabinet ministers out there. Which admittedly is slightly damning with faint praise when you look at some of the other specimens currently representing us.

I think what sets Gove aside from a lot of Ministers is that when he takes in a brief, he wants to get things done. Now that may not have worked in Education but he got a lot of praise from unexpected quarters with his prison reforms and he seems to be making a good go off the Environment brief.

A lot of Ministers seem to be time servers who plod along until the next reshuffle comes along, hoping to cline the greasy pole whereas Gove wants to make a difference.

Btw it was give who undid a lot of bad work by Grayling, not the other way around. I think it was Truss who succeeded Gove in the Justice Ministry.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 10:19]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 10:08 - Aug 28 with 1480 viewsMugwump

Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 09:51 - Aug 28 by m14_blue

Must admit as a bit of a lefty I am surprised I am warming to him. I wouldn't say he was a disaster as education secretary, he certainly upset a lot of teachers so i think he must have got something right.

I am a bit of an abnormality as I was a remainer and am starting to look to the other side, if we are going to Brexit then we should have a Brexiter in charge. My lot seem to have as much of a clue as the Tories.

I think his biggest problem is that he has a face that you want to hit and looks like Harry Enfields Tory Boy.
Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 10:22 - Aug 28 with 1461 viewsm14_blue

Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 10:05 - Aug 28 by GlasgowBlue

I think what sets Gove aside from a lot of Ministers is that when he takes in a brief, he wants to get things done. Now that may not have worked in Education but he got a lot of praise from unexpected quarters with his prison reforms and he seems to be making a good go off the Environment brief.

A lot of Ministers seem to be time servers who plod along until the next reshuffle comes along, hoping to cline the greasy pole whereas Gove wants to make a difference.

Btw it was give who undid a lot of bad work by Grayling, not the other way around. I think it was Truss who succeeded Gove in the Justice Ministry.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 10:19]

Ah yes, of course.

Grayling really is the definition of an incompetent minister, not sure how he keeps landing high profile jobs.
Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 10:27 - Aug 28 with 1453 viewsGuthrum

Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 10:08 - Aug 28 by Mugwump

Must admit as a bit of a lefty I am surprised I am warming to him. I wouldn't say he was a disaster as education secretary, he certainly upset a lot of teachers so i think he must have got something right.

I am a bit of an abnormality as I was a remainer and am starting to look to the other side, if we are going to Brexit then we should have a Brexiter in charge. My lot seem to have as much of a clue as the Tories.

I think his biggest problem is that he has a face that you want to hit and looks like Harry Enfields Tory Boy.

I'm not sure upsetting teachers is really a commendation as Education Secretary. His ideas were distinctly half-baked and simplistic.

Do think he's doing broadly alright with Environment, tho. And certainly has been/is committed to his departments.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 11:14 - Aug 28 with 1431 viewsconnorscontract

He really isn't incompetent. I hated what he did at Education, but he was able to push through major reform at pace.

He's also incredibly thick skinned, as his ability to navigate the day of protests outside Westminster over Tuition Fees, giving speeches to a hostile Commons and then strolling across the Green to do live interviews with the BBC, demonstrated.

He's a very efficient politician. Chillingly efficient. The most dangerous of the Right Wing Tories, in my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 11:22 - Aug 28 with 1426 viewsSwansea_Blue

Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 10:27 - Aug 28 by Guthrum

I'm not sure upsetting teachers is really a commendation as Education Secretary. His ideas were distinctly half-baked and simplistic.

Do think he's doing broadly alright with Environment, tho. And certainly has been/is committed to his departments.

He's had a couple of high profile quick and easy wins that paper over the cracks of a soft position on fossil fuels, including fast-tracking fracking, withdrawal of support for alternative energy sources. His own voting record on environmental issues is pretty poor too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 11:27 - Aug 28 with 1416 viewsMugwump

Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 11:14 - Aug 28 by connorscontract

He really isn't incompetent. I hated what he did at Education, but he was able to push through major reform at pace.

He's also incredibly thick skinned, as his ability to navigate the day of protests outside Westminster over Tuition Fees, giving speeches to a hostile Commons and then strolling across the Green to do live interviews with the BBC, demonstrated.

He's a very efficient politician. Chillingly efficient. The most dangerous of the Right Wing Tories, in my opinion.

I agree with that.

This thread is actually going the way I thought it might but there you go.

Personally I am so sick of inept leadership from both sides I'm starting to not care that much whether they are left or right as long as they know what they are doing.

They all merge into a stinky blob anyway whatever side of the house. I'm fed up with it, just give me someone who knows what they are doing, can make a decision and stick to it.
Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 11:44 - Aug 28 with 1401 viewsconnorscontract

Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 11:27 - Aug 28 by Mugwump

I agree with that.

This thread is actually going the way I thought it might but there you go.

Personally I am so sick of inept leadership from both sides I'm starting to not care that much whether they are left or right as long as they know what they are doing.

They all merge into a stinky blob anyway whatever side of the house. I'm fed up with it, just give me someone who knows what they are doing, can make a decision and stick to it.

Makes the buses run on time, that sort of thing?

We currently have incredibly weak front benches on both sides of the House. Gove standing out by being an efficient minister is, as The Donald would tweet, SAD.
Great news for animal lovers. Edited title as I didn't want it turning into a on 14:28 - Aug 28 with 1355 viewsGeoffSentence

He may have been an incompetent buffoon in all his previous jobs, but his desire to take the country back to the golden age of the 50s is actually a really good fit for the department of the environment.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024