Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor decision to send out Nydam 15:37 - Aug 28 with 2680 viewsitfcjoe

Don't agree with it - he could, and should, be contributing here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:38 - Aug 28 with 1969 viewsJ4ck22

Clearly Hurst thinks otherwise...
Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:39 - Aug 28 with 1962 viewsKieran_Knows

Seems a strange one to me. Seems like him and Edun are similar players, and as I said last week, I wonder if Hurst feels Edun is a year or so ahead of Nydam in terms of his development?

I'm in agreement with you though, think he should be in and around the side here.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:41 - Aug 28 with 1923 viewsjudespiveyg

Agreed, although I'm much less annoyed with Nydam being sent out than if Dozzell had, as rumoured.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:41 - Aug 28 with 1931 viewsSteve_M

Given how we've faded late in every game bar the Villa one, having more options - especially those with energy to spare - would be good. It does give Nydam some game time at least.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:42 - Aug 28 with 1921 viewsThijssens_Tash

Look at he players who are ahead of him and coming back from injury. Skuse, Chalobah, Downes, Nolan and those coming back Huws, Bishop and Dozzell.

We have good depth there when all fit, I don't see a problem with him going for 5 months and starting regularly.
Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:43 - Aug 28 with 1900 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:41 - Aug 28 by Steve_M

Given how we've faded late in every game bar the Villa one, having more options - especially those with energy to spare - would be good. It does give Nydam some game time at least.

Can only assume that with Huws and Bishop getting closer to fitness it would limit any potential game time for him even further.

Makes sense if we are able to keep the others fit and give Tristan 15-20 games until January and then re-evaluate from there.
Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:45 - Aug 28 with 1883 viewsPositivelyPortman

You’re not the manager though are you?
PH obviously thinks that Edun, Dozzell, Huws, Downes, Skuse, Chalobah, Ward, Bishop, Nolan etc offer more.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:50 - Aug 28 with 1831 viewsReuser_is_God

Agreed but his replacement (Edun) has been good by all accounts.

Let's see how it pans out 1st but if he returns & becomes a big player for us then I guess it's a success.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 15:51]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:52 - Aug 28 with 1823 viewsKieran_Knows

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:50 - Aug 28 by Reuser_is_God

Agreed but his replacement (Edun) has been good by all accounts.

Let's see how it pans out 1st but if he returns & becomes a big player for us then I guess it's a success.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 15:51]

Is there any reason why Nydam couldn't have filled Eduns role though? By all accounts Nydam had a good pre-season, and was singled out by PH on a couple of occasions. Just don't get it to be honest.

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:53 - Aug 28 with 1812 viewsReuser_is_God

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:52 - Aug 28 by Kieran_Knows

Is there any reason why Nydam couldn't have filled Eduns role though? By all accounts Nydam had a good pre-season, and was singled out by PH on a couple of occasions. Just don't get it to be honest.

No not at all.

I'm just saying it's not as though Edun is total gash.

Evans out

We're at the mercy of the transfer window on 15:53 - Aug 28 with 1811 viewsDyland

Maybe Hurst is gambling that Huws and Dozzers and Bishop will be fit and competing with the current first teamers for a spot in the middle. Add Downes, Sears and Ward as options. Would you put Nydam ahead of any of them?

Edun is a question mark if we're talking our own players vs loans. I'd argue Edun offers more than Nydam though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:54 - Aug 28 with 1809 viewsKieran_Knows

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:53 - Aug 28 by Reuser_is_God

No not at all.

I'm just saying it's not as though Edun is total gash.

He's not, but it's a (young) loan player getting in the way of developing our own kids? Goes against what both ME and PH have said previously.

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:55 - Aug 28 with 1792 viewsReuser_is_God

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:54 - Aug 28 by Kieran_Knows

He's not, but it's a (young) loan player getting in the way of developing our own kids? Goes against what both ME and PH have said previously.

It does, not getting away from that.

However if Nydam goes there, rips it up & comes back here & continues to rip it up then it should be looked back on as the right thing to do.

Evans out

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:57 - Aug 28 with 1785 viewsJ2BLUE

PH only sending him out until January suggests he rates him and he could feature this season. This is one of those where we need to hear the story behind it rather than react before we have the full picture.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:58 - Aug 28 with 1772 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:57 - Aug 28 by J2BLUE

PH only sending him out until January suggests he rates him and he could feature this season. This is one of those where we need to hear the story behind it rather than react before we have the full picture.

"This is one of those where we need to hear the story behind it rather than react before we have the full picture."

The age of patience and thinking is over! We are in the age of Insta-Outrage! Get with the system J2!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:58 - Aug 28 with 1771 viewsKieran_Knows

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:55 - Aug 28 by Reuser_is_God

It does, not getting away from that.

However if Nydam goes there, rips it up & comes back here & continues to rip it up then it should be looked back on as the right thing to do.

Hope so, but unless Edun and Chalobah are total gash between now and January and we agree to cancel their loans, Nydam won't necessarily come back in January and be a regular starter, even if he does rip it up in Scotland.

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:00 - Aug 28 with 1739 viewsFrimleyBlue

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:57 - Aug 28 by J2BLUE

I thought that you can only do short term loans at this point and revisit them in January?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:01 - Aug 28 with 1734 viewsnshearman1

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:58 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

"This is one of those where we need to hear the story behind it rather than react before we have the full picture."

The age of patience and thinking is over! We are in the age of Insta-Outrage! Get with the system J2!

I agree with J2. But no need to over-react there SM...
Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:01 - Aug 28 with 1733 viewsm14_blue

Agree, I'm disappointed with this.
Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:01 - Aug 28 with 1726 viewsReuser_is_God

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 15:58 - Aug 28 by Kieran_Knows

Hope so, but unless Edun and Chalobah are total gash between now and January and we agree to cancel their loans, Nydam won't necessarily come back in January and be a regular starter, even if he does rip it up in Scotland.

No, but he'd be more likely to get an opportunity than he seemingly does now.

Not that I agree with the decision, I'm just trying to take a positive view on it.

Evans out

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:03 - Aug 28 with 1704 viewsKieran_Knows

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:01 - Aug 28 by Reuser_is_God

No, but he'd be more likely to get an opportunity than he seemingly does now.

Not that I agree with the decision, I'm just trying to take a positive view on it.

Hmmm, just doesn't sit well with me.

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:04 - Aug 28 with 1677 viewsJ2BLUE

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:00 - Aug 28 by FrimleyBlue

I thought that you can only do short term loans at this point and revisit them in January?

We've got Graham for the season and the Scottish window is open properly until the 31st.

Truly impaired.

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:04 - Aug 28 with 1674 viewsReuser_is_God

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:03 - Aug 28 by Kieran_Knows

Not right now but think it's important to see how it all plays out first then judge the success of it at the end of the season.

Evans out

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:05 - Aug 28 with 1657 viewsJ2BLUE

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:03 - Aug 28 by Kieran_Knows

This is why he left you mate

Truly impaired.

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:05 - Aug 28 with 1656 viewsKieran_Knows

Poor decision to send out Nydam on 16:04 - Aug 28 by Reuser_is_God

Not right now but think it's important to see how it all plays out first then judge the success of it at the end of the season.

I agree with that, most definitely. Just don't like the fact we're sending out young players to develop other clubs youngsters, just seems to go against all of what ME and PH have said previously.

But, as you say, hopefully it all works out and we'll look back on it as a good thing in months/years to come.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024