Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? 16:18 - Aug 28 with 1650 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Great experience for the kid, has shown glimpses of potential, but not enough consistency. but realistically when Huws, Bishop and Dozzell come back into the picture he will be even further down the pecking order, needs the minutes but is still only 18 years old some people forget.

For people saying Edun is no better I don't agree, he is a lot more rounded midfielder with more attributes to his game at this present time.

At the end of the day you play your best team to win the game and if that doesn't include the youngers at this present time then so bet it can't please everyone. Eventually he will get there, look how important Maddison's loan out was at Aberdeen, lets hope it has the same affect on Nydam.

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:21 - Aug 28 with 1636 viewsSpruceMoose

Some people just want to watch the world whinge.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:22 - Aug 28 with 1637 viewsKieran_Knows

Why? Because we're talking about a youngster who has already made 20 appearances at this level as a 17/18 year old and never really looked out of place in the games he played last season. Instead, we've loaned someone else in (Edun), who in my opinion seems a carbon copy of Nydam and I just find that pointless.

I don't want to get too defeatist on anything as I have really enjoyed what Hurst is trying to do (I don't even care about the results at the moment either - except Sunday of course), but this is the first decision of his where I've though, 'hang on a minute'.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:23 - Aug 28 with 1635 viewsJakeITFC

We have signed young loan players in the positions that our young players play in.

That’s the problem - we develop players for other teams whilst neglecting our own.

In all of the misery of supporting a football team that doesn’t do much of anything very often, the light that is seeing our own kids come into the team and improve is one of the few things that keeps us going.
People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:24 - Aug 28 with 1622 viewsSpruceMoose

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:22 - Aug 28 by Kieran_Knows

Why? Because we're talking about a youngster who has already made 20 appearances at this level as a 17/18 year old and never really looked out of place in the games he played last season. Instead, we've loaned someone else in (Edun), who in my opinion seems a carbon copy of Nydam and I just find that pointless.

I don't want to get too defeatist on anything as I have really enjoyed what Hurst is trying to do (I don't even care about the results at the moment either - except Sunday of course), but this is the first decision of his where I've though, 'hang on a minute'.

In three games Edun has looked twice the player that Nydam has imo. And that includes a sending off!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:26 - Aug 28 with 1612 viewsKieran_Knows

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:24 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

In three games Edun has looked twice the player that Nydam has imo. And that includes a sending off!

Don't get me wrong, I very much like the look of Edun as well, clearly a talented footballer, but it just seems we're stunting the progression of our own kids by loaning in others. Just does't add up to what has been said by manager and owner previously.

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:26 - Aug 28 with 1607 viewsFrimleyBlue

How do you get consistency when you're not given games? Just curious

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:27 - Aug 28 with 1602 viewsSwansea_Blue

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:26 - Aug 28 by Kieran_Knows

Don't get me wrong, I very much like the look of Edun as well, clearly a talented footballer, but it just seems we're stunting the progression of our own kids by loaning in others. Just does't add up to what has been said by manager and owner previously.

Unless he gets game time up there when he wouldn't down here and so isn't stunted at all, but quite the opposite?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:30 - Aug 28 with 1589 viewsKieran_Knows

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:27 - Aug 28 by Swansea_Blue

Unless he gets game time up there when he wouldn't down here and so isn't stunted at all, but quite the opposite?

It's been stunted due to us signing a similar player of similar age to aid another club though?

Login to get fewer ads

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:33 - Aug 28 with 1563 viewsCurrie10

To me, he's no worse than some of the players we have here.

Very good player Nydam.

Did very well v West Ham and now going out on loan. Yippee.

I'd say Edun is a different kind of player. Edun IS quality.
People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:34 - Aug 28 with 1560 viewsunstableblue

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:24 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

I KNOW!

I really like the look of Nydam and I think he has potential; but are people really moaning that we've sent him out on loan and replaced him with Edun?!

Edun is a cracking player who has made a real impact, and also has very good delivery.

I think Hurst has probably assessed Nydam as not 'game harderned' despite his numerous starts.

The TWTD hive mind is swinging into rather negative view of Hurst's decisions. How we need a derby victory? albeit I would hate to think what would happen if we lost that one.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:35 - Aug 28 with 1554 viewsElderGrizzly

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:23 - Aug 28 by JakeITFC

We have signed young loan players in the positions that our young players play in.

That’s the problem - we develop players for other teams whilst neglecting our own.

In all of the misery of supporting a football team that doesn’t do much of anything very often, the light that is seeing our own kids come into the team and improve is one of the few things that keeps us going.

But we aren't neglecting our own?

We are using other clubs to develop our youngsters and i'm pleased it is a decent level of team he has gone to. If Hurst things Edun is more what we need right now than Nydam, then I trust him.

If he simply left out youngsters in the U23s and never gave a chance in the first team i'd question it
People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:35 - Aug 28 with 1547 viewsSpruceMoose

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:34 - Aug 28 by unstableblue

I KNOW!

I really like the look of Nydam and I think he has potential; but are people really moaning that we've sent him out on loan and replaced him with Edun?!

Edun is a cracking player who has made a real impact, and also has very good delivery.

I think Hurst has probably assessed Nydam as not 'game harderned' despite his numerous starts.

The TWTD hive mind is swinging into rather negative view of Hurst's decisions. How we need a derby victory? albeit I would hate to think what would happen if we lost that one.

I expect the paedo chants will be brought out again.

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:50 - Aug 28 with 1503 viewsskusesrightpeg

Up The JP, You got your bag back yet?
People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:57 - Aug 28 with 1492 viewsflimflam

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:23 - Aug 28 by JakeITFC

Downes and Morris are in the squad regularly as will Dozzell and Woolf be when fully fit.

Edun is ahead of Nydam currently so agree with the loan out for regular game time.

Not sure how many academy lads we can fit in but that is more than most teams in this division will have in their squads that came through their own academy.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 17:10]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 17:05 - Aug 28 with 1469 viewsJ4ck22

Hurst must consider the loanees we've brought in to be better at this moment in time than our own young players. Nydam is only going out on loan until January (Where he will hopefully get consistent first team action that he won't get here currently), it's not like we sold him to bring in these loanees.
People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 17:26 - Aug 28 with 1414 viewsdirtyboy

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:26 - Aug 28 by Kieran_Knows

What you've just said is completely at odds with what's just happened.

We've borrowed a slightly better player and loaned ours out to get better by playing more games whilst we have that better player playing for us....follow?

How is that stunting his growth?

How is that not in the best interests of ITFC?

Edun has also been very good, actually, dare I say he's looked one of the most consistent in the team so far.

Chalobah on the other hand, looks very good, then very ordinary. Potential there though obviously.
People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 21:20 - Aug 28 with 1314 viewsGuthrum

People moaning about Nydam going out on loan? WHY? on 16:22 - Aug 28 by Kieran_Knows

He's played only one full 90-minute game in the League. Quite a few of his 12 starts he's been taken off early, before the hour mark (twice at half time). Several of his six sub appearances have been late (under 10 mins). He's never been out on loan to get a run of games at a lower level.

IMO Nydam needs a good slice of experience, away from the pressure of having to perform for (a currently slightly struggling) Ipswich in the Championship.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024