Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talk Norwich City 12:55 - Aug 29 with 6264 viewsandyjr

Think they've actually made a good point here

Poll: What is your all time favourite ITFC shirt sponsor?

It's almost as if.... on 14:01 - Aug 29 with 2135 viewsLankHenners

It's almost as if.... on 13:48 - Aug 29 by HarryWright

Ask yourself who turned these fans away from the football club? Mick Mccarthy so yes it was bloody true... we would sell out Norwich every time until that dino decided to suck the life and soul from the centre of this football club.

Can't be bothered to go and find it all now but that's a claim that has been categorically proven wrong several times. We lost the day trippers who decided to turn up when Mick took us into the playoffs. The attendances at Mick's start and his end were broadly similar.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Talk Norwich City on 14:03 - Aug 29 with 2132 viewsradiogaga

To be honest, Jack is pretty fair towards us most of the time and he makes pretty fair points, this being one of them. Chris, on the other hand, is a total embarrassment.

The answer is that we have too many fans who continuously make excuses to defer for whatever excuse best suits at the time, no doubt being bottom of the league after 5 games is the current one.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 14:05]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

It's almost as if.... on 14:10 - Aug 29 with 2113 viewsHerbivore

It's almost as if.... on 14:00 - Aug 29 by HarryWright

I don't doubt being in this league for that long is also a contributing factor, but the football and feel around when Mick was here made me not look forward to going to portman road. That was down to him and his methods and football. I've never had the empty feeling going to portman road that I had the last few years of McCarthy's reign and I think that feeling turned many away. Now I have it all back again and i'm loving going.

I see you've ignored all of the stats about our attendances and gone with how you felt as your sole evidence. Interesting. No doubt it had gone stale under Mick, that's why he's gone, but I don't get the continued polarisation whereby he is blamed for stuff that's not his fault and whereby for some fans everything associated with Mick = bad and everything associated with Hurst = good. It's all very strange. By all means get behind the new manager, I certainly am, but there's a danger of people being totally blind to any issues purely because Hurst isn't Mick.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's almost as if.... on 14:13 - Aug 29 with 2100 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It's almost as if.... on 13:48 - Aug 29 by HarryWright

Ask yourself who turned these fans away from the football club? Mick Mccarthy so yes it was bloody true... we would sell out Norwich every time until that dino decided to suck the life and soul from the centre of this football club.

Great points, aside from the fact that McCarthy initially increased our average crowds and even then we still couldn’t sell out the derby, so pretty obviously other reasons behind it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Talk Norwich City on 14:13 - Aug 29 with 2098 viewsGeoffSentence

Talk Norwich City on 13:00 - Aug 29 by clive_baker

They're literally obsessed with attendances. They've got 100,000 more people in Norwich compared to Ipswich, yet they tug furiously that their attendances are higher. Not to mention the average cost is lower there, which clearly puts some people off. Also, I'm not sure what the relevance of 'selling out' is without any context around capacity. We'll broadly sell as many tickets to this as they will to the reverse fixture I would think. In real terms. c. 26k.

First win of the season coming up on Sunday, can't wait. COYB.

There aren't 100,000 more people in Norwich than Ipswich. It would be true if you had said Norfolk has 100,000 more people than Suffolk.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

It's almost as if.... on 14:14 - Aug 29 with 2094 viewsTraktahBoi

It's almost as if.... on 13:56 - Aug 29 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Apparently the attendance in 2008 was 29,656 and in 2011 was 29,258 which as good as sold out.

I stand corrected :)
Talk Norwich City on 14:16 - Aug 29 with 2070 viewsGlebeTractor

Some good points...

Then you see the word "Tinpot" andddd close the page.

Zzzzz

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

It's almost as if.... on 14:18 - Aug 29 with 2063 viewsHarryWright

It's almost as if.... on 14:10 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

I see you've ignored all of the stats about our attendances and gone with how you felt as your sole evidence. Interesting. No doubt it had gone stale under Mick, that's why he's gone, but I don't get the continued polarisation whereby he is blamed for stuff that's not his fault and whereby for some fans everything associated with Mick = bad and everything associated with Hurst = good. It's all very strange. By all means get behind the new manager, I certainly am, but there's a danger of people being totally blind to any issues purely because Hurst isn't Mick.

But it's not just me is it, I didn't see each and every fan joining you, sitting on their flying pig waving their happy clappers about. Mick turned away fans there's is no doubt about that, to say he didn't is quite frankly stupid.
Login to get fewer ads

It's almost as if.... on 14:19 - Aug 29 with 2048 viewsHerbivore

It's almost as if.... on 14:18 - Aug 29 by HarryWright

But it's not just me is it, I didn't see each and every fan joining you, sitting on their flying pig waving their happy clappers about. Mick turned away fans there's is no doubt about that, to say he didn't is quite frankly stupid.

Compare the average attendance in Mick's first full season with the average attendance in his last full season and get back to me. Then we can see who is stupid.

Edit - I'll help you out. In his first full season we averaged 16,654 and last season we averaged 16,271. We lost 383 fans in his 5 years here. By comparison we lost 3,406 in the 5 years prior to Mick taking over.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 14:27]

Talk Norwich City on 14:20 - Aug 29 with 2045 viewsflimflam

Talk Norwich City on 13:00 - Aug 29 by clive_baker

They're literally obsessed with attendances. They've got 100,000 more people in Norwich compared to Ipswich, yet they tug furiously that their attendances are higher. Not to mention the average cost is lower there, which clearly puts some people off. Also, I'm not sure what the relevance of 'selling out' is without any context around capacity. We'll broadly sell as many tickets to this as they will to the reverse fixture I would think. In real terms. c. 26k.

First win of the season coming up on Sunday, can't wait. COYB.

Populations are almost identical Norwich just has a larger surrounding population
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 14:23]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

It's almost as if.... on 14:23 - Aug 29 with 2031 viewslongtimefan

It's almost as if.... on 14:00 - Aug 29 by HarryWright

I don't doubt being in this league for that long is also a contributing factor, but the football and feel around when Mick was here made me not look forward to going to portman road. That was down to him and his methods and football. I've never had the empty feeling going to portman road that I had the last few years of McCarthy's reign and I think that feeling turned many away. Now I have it all back again and i'm loving going.

Perhaps you’re not old enough but you obviously weren’t around in the mid-90s for the first two full seasons of Burley’s reign where the average attendance each year was 12000!
Talk Norwich City on 14:28 - Aug 29 with 2011 viewsGeoffSentence

Talk Norwich City on 14:20 - Aug 29 by flimflam

Populations are almost identical Norwich just has a larger surrounding population
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 14:23]

Even then it's not that much bigger. The borough and city are pretty much identical, but the Norwich built-up area is about 30K bigger.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

It's almost as if.... on 14:28 - Aug 29 with 2012 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It's almost as if.... on 14:18 - Aug 29 by HarryWright

Our average attendance in the 5 seasons prior to McCarthy dropped by 3,600

In the 5 seasons he was here, it dropped by 2,000

So yes, attendances did drop under McCarthy - but at a slower rate to which they were deteriorating previously

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

It's almost as if.... on 14:32 - Aug 29 with 1991 viewsHerbivore

It's almost as if.... on 14:28 - Aug 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Our average attendance in the 5 seasons prior to McCarthy dropped by 3,600

In the 5 seasons he was here, it dropped by 2,000

So yes, attendances did drop under McCarthy - but at a slower rate to which they were deteriorating previously

Going by his first full season (2013/14) I make it 306. If you go by the season he took over from Jewell in October/November it's 1178. Either way it's an awful lot less than in the 5 seasons previously.

It's almost as if.... on 14:42 - Aug 29 with 1958 viewsclive_baker

It's almost as if.... on 14:32 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

Going by his first full season (2013/14) I make it 306. If you go by the season he took over from Jewell in October/November it's 1178. Either way it's an awful lot less than in the 5 seasons previously.

Having a Norwich home game in the 23 bumps the average up by a good few hundred considering it adds 10,000 vs. an average match. Mick's first Norwich home game saw a gate of over 29,000.

It's all academic anyway. Anyone who thinks the dwindling attendances was solely down to MM is wrong, anyone who thought getting rid and getting Hurst in was going to have fans rushing back to PR in their droves was deluded. It is what it is, we'll get somewhere around 25,000 there on Sunday I would think, which is a decent crowd. The only thing that'll bring people back is wins and good performances.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

It's almost as if.... on 14:43 - Aug 29 with 1956 viewsHarryWright

It's almost as if.... on 14:32 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

Because the core have already gone from the previous dark days. Mccarthy was managing to turn away long time loyal fans, that's a skill in itself.
It's almost as if.... on 14:47 - Aug 29 with 1930 viewsHerbivore

It's almost as if.... on 14:42 - Aug 29 by clive_baker

Having a Norwich home game in the 23 bumps the average up by a good few hundred considering it adds 10,000 vs. an average match. Mick's first Norwich home game saw a gate of over 29,000.

It's all academic anyway. Anyone who thinks the dwindling attendances was solely down to MM is wrong, anyone who thought getting rid and getting Hurst in was going to have fans rushing back to PR in their droves was deluded. It is what it is, we'll get somewhere around 25,000 there on Sunday I would think, which is a decent crowd. The only thing that'll bring people back is wins and good performances.

Yep, agree with that. We were about 800 up on the opening game this season compared to last but over 2k down on the Villa attendance compared to the same fixture last season. For all the talk of Mick destroying attendances and us getting a boost once he's gone, without some good results to go with it it all rather looks like bollox.

It's almost as if.... on 14:50 - Aug 29 with 1916 viewsHerbivore

It's almost as if.... on 14:43 - Aug 29 by HarryWright

Because the core have already gone from the previous dark days. Mccarthy was managing to turn away long time loyal fans, that's a skill in itself.

You seem to be struggling with basic stats here so I won't carry on going back and forth. Suffice to say that blaming the previous manager for not selling out this season's derby is utterly absurd and doesn't stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

It's almost as if.... on 14:50 - Aug 29 with 1915 viewslongtimefan

It's almost as if.... on 14:43 - Aug 29 by HarryWright

So where were these hard core supporters at the start of Burley’s Reign? 12500 season 1, 12050 season 2. That’s seasons we finished 7th and 4th. Town fans are fickle - always have been, always will be.
It's almost as if.... on 14:50 - Aug 29 with 1912 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's almost as if.... on 14:50 - Aug 29 by longtimefan

So where were these hard core supporters at the start of Burley’s Reign? 12500 season 1, 12050 season 2. That’s seasons we finished 7th and 4th. Town fans are fickle - always have been, always will be.

Town fans or football fans?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

It's almost as if.... on 14:54 - Aug 29 with 1904 viewslongtimefan

It's almost as if.... on 14:50 - Aug 29 by FrimleyBlue

Town fans or football fans?

Probably both, but we do excel
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 15:03]
Talk Norwich City on 14:57 - Aug 29 with 1895 viewsWickets

Maybe if we won one it might help?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024