Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. 15:42 - Aug 29 with 7930 viewsITFC_Forever

He was rubbish the first time round.

Although I guess a few years in the Prem would have helped him improve.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:43 - Aug 29 with 3843 viewshomer_123

3/10

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:43 - Aug 29 with 3838 viewsFixed_It

Correct. Apart from the 'he was rubbish' bit. That was bollox.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:44 - Aug 29 with 3825 viewsIllinoisblue

as a short term fix, he'd be ideal. Physical presence, big-game know-how. Get him in.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:45 - Aug 29 with 3811 viewsSomethingBlue

In 2007/08 he was outstanding to be fair — unplayable in some games. He's had a great career, I think this is a very good move.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:47 - Aug 29 with 3777 viewsHerbivore

So rubbish that a Prem side signed him for £3.5m.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:47 - Aug 29 with 3780 viewsITFC_Forever

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:45 - Aug 29 by SomethingBlue

In 2007/08 he was outstanding to be fair — unplayable in some games. He's had a great career, I think this is a very good move.

10 years ago.

Made the best of very limited ability.

No pace, no skill, couldn't pass, poor finisher.

Was physical and tried hard though - Richard Naylor part two.

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:47 - Aug 29 with 3754 viewsITFC_Forever

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:47 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

So rubbish that a Prem side signed him for £3.5m.

ITFC done a massive job on them.

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:48 - Aug 29 with 3751 viewsSpruceMoose

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:47 - Aug 29 by ITFC_Forever

10 years ago.

At least he has two correctly sized legs.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:48 - Aug 29 with 3740 viewsSomethingBlue

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:47 - Aug 29 by ITFC_Forever

10 years ago.

I'll judge him on the decade since that he's spent in the Premier League and at international level, almost always as a starter! He's on the way down now but it's a good one, this, and perfect for our shorter-term needs.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:48 - Aug 29 with 3733 viewsLeagueOne

Jon Walters was not only our standout player while here, he's one of the few ex-Town players in recent years to do anything of any note since leaving. Nearly a decade in the top flight... played internationally as a regular ... FA Cup finalist...

We'd be lucky to sign him - Town connections aside, if he never kicked a ball for us before then people would be keen on bringing him in. This whole never go back thing only works when you have improved since - we haven't!!

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:49 - Aug 29 with 3704 viewsGlasgowBlue

He could do for us what Murphy did in Keane's first season when we were in the relegation zone. Get the ball in the back of the net and see us climb the table.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:49 - Aug 29 with 3704 viewsHerbivore

ITFC done a massive job on them.

Really? I imagine Stoke feel they got excellent value for money out of him, he played over 200 games for them in the top flight and scored a decent number of goals.

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:50 - Aug 29 with 3699 viewsFixed_It

10 years ago.

No skill?! Really?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:51 - Aug 29 with 3684 viewsCuffy81

I remember when we signed him he was getting absolutely slated on here before anyone had gave him a chance.

He proved people wrong then, hope he does so again. Exactly the type of signing we needed given the start we have made.
Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:52 - Aug 29 with 3660 viewshomer_123

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:51 - Aug 29 by Cuffy81

I remember when we signed him he was getting absolutely slated on here before anyone had gave him a chance.

He proved people wrong then, hope he does so again. Exactly the type of signing we needed given the start we have made.

Things change but remain the same!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:52 - Aug 29 with 3663 viewsJakeITFC

I worry that he doesn’t really sort our goalscoring problem, but hopefully can bring others into play a bit better.

Just hope his physical attributes aren’t too far on the wane because he won’t add much if they are.
Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:52 - Aug 29 with 3658 viewsITFC_Forever

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:48 - Aug 29 by SomethingBlue

I'll judge him on the decade since that he's spent in the Premier League and at international level, almost always as a starter! He's on the way down now but it's a good one, this, and perfect for our shorter-term needs.

I'm not denying he's gone on to have a good career.

And certainly was perfect for Stoke's Pulis-ball style of play. Not sure he'd have got in many other sides though.

Although as his main attribute is his physical attribute / strength (and I guess now his experience), if he has any kind of brain, he would have kept himself in good shape.

If you have no pace / skill / passing / finishing ability in the first place, then it's pretty hard to lose them.

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:53 - Aug 29 with 3645 viewsGarv

Please log out and don't return.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:53 - Aug 29 with 3629 viewsITFC_Forever

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:52 - Aug 29 by JakeITFC

I worry that he doesn’t really sort our goalscoring problem, but hopefully can bring others into play a bit better.

Just hope his physical attributes aren’t too far on the wane because he won’t add much if they are.

Exactly. He's got nothing else to offer, than being big, strong and trying hard.

I can do that. Doesn't make me a professional footballer.

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:54 - Aug 29 with 3617 viewsBluefish

Ah yes didn't you say he would never make it in the premier league

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:55 - Aug 29 with 3596 viewsITFC_Forever

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:49 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

Really? I imagine Stoke feel they got excellent value for money out of him, he played over 200 games for them in the top flight and scored a decent number of goals.

According to wiki, he got 43 goals in 226 games. That's pretty poor for a striker.... he should be on at least half as many goals again, if not double.

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:55 - Aug 29 with 3590 viewsHerbivore

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:53 - Aug 29 by ITFC_Forever

Exactly. He's got nothing else to offer, than being big, strong and trying hard.

I can do that. Doesn't make me a professional footballer.

How many Premier League goals have you scored, friend?

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:55 - Aug 29 with 3575 viewsBluefish

10 years ago.

Awful analysis. He was a class above, always showed for the ball and competed for everything. Fantastic strength and Dr ent with the ball as well

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:56 - Aug 29 with 3575 viewsITFC_Forever

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:54 - Aug 29 by Bluefish

Ah yes didn't you say he would never make it in the premier league

Possibly.

Although playing Pulis-ball for much of that time doesn't count.

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:56 - Aug 29 with 3576 viewsSpruceMoose

Unpopular opinion time. Bloody hell. Not Jon Walters. on 15:55 - Aug 29 by Herbivore

How many Premier League goals have you scored, friend?

Imagine if it was Robbie Fowler posting on here! That would be fun!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024