Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will be a strange 'Derby Game' this year? 00:40 - Aug 30 with 1120 viewsharlingblue

With the first local derby game being played so early in the season, it will be interesting to see how the supporters, let alone the teams adapt.
In the past both sets of supporters would know who to single out for special abuse/praise, but this year most would find it difficult to name an opposition player, (Knudsen might be the exception).
For all Ipswich Town players and supporters, we do not like yellow and green as a kit, just lately we are not too enamoured with the guys in black, but this time play/sing your hearts out and please give us a win.
Will be a strange 'Derby Game' this year? on 01:52 - Aug 30 with 1066 viewsSarge

Was even earlier in 2014/15 wasn’t it? Maybe I’m wrong but seems like it’s been in August/September every year for the past few seasons. Which has often not been great for us as it’s just after our usually good start to the season collapses.
Will be a strange 'Derby Game' this year? on 08:32 - Aug 30 with 880 viewsgainsboroughblue

Will be a strange 'Derby Game' this year? on 01:52 - Aug 30 by Sarge

Was even earlier in 2014/15 wasn’t it? Maybe I’m wrong but seems like it’s been in August/September every year for the past few seasons. Which has often not been great for us as it’s just after our usually good start to the season collapses.

It has been. Always at home first too. I'd like to get them at their own place where the expectation and pressure would be slightly off first.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Will be a strange 'Derby Game' this year? on 10:15 - Aug 30 with 783 viewsTJS

I am getting a bit irritated that the home and away derbies seem to be stuck in the same pattern every season now.
I don't think it is coincidence either.
From what I've heard there is a lot of manual tweaking of the fixture list up to a couple of seasons in advance and this stinks of it.
Will be a strange 'Derby Game' this year? on 10:29 - Aug 30 with 751 viewsMisterBlue

Will be a strange 'Derby Game' this year? on 10:15 - Aug 30 by TJS

I am getting a bit irritated that the home and away derbies seem to be stuck in the same pattern every season now.
I don't think it is coincidence either.
From what I've heard there is a lot of manual tweaking of the fixture list up to a couple of seasons in advance and this stinks of it.

Agree with your first sentance, and would like like both match's further into the season.
Not sure how you can arrange a fixture list a couple of seasons in advance though? Potentially half the teams might not be in the division.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024