Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disappointed 16:25 - Aug 30 with 1696 viewsMeenoITFC

That we sold webster, a player that would of been massive for us right now and replaced him with no-one, he was the first to go so we had time, instead we spent money on other areas when this position is key.

Chambers isn't even a natural CB I thought we would've signed two to cover him and toto, yet left to scramble around on loan deadline day.

Along with the results, I'm a bit disappointed with this 'new era' but I'm not losing the faith. A win on Sunday will do the world of good.

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Disappointed on 16:27 - Aug 30 with 1672 viewsBlueBadger

'Chambers isn't even a natural CB'.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Disappointed on 16:29 - Aug 30 with 1656 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

If we'd have kept Webster then we would may not have had Donacien, Edwards, Harrison and perhaps Edun, who came in with that money, potentially not Nsiala as well.

We'd be much weaker and then there is of course the fact that statistically speaking there is only a 50% chance Webster would be fit for Sunday.

Not sure how you can possibly suggest Chambers isn't a natural centre back. Exactly what is his position then because it's certainly his best one, so you are potentially suggesting he's not good enough at this level.

But if you really rate Chambers so poorly and given Websters injury record, I'd say we have done well to sell him to fund a move for Donacien and then Tilt (money basically went on Nsiala instead), which is what we initially did with that money. Replacing a defender who plays half the time with two good defenders that will play regular is surely a smart move?
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 16:30]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Disappointed on 16:30 - Aug 30 with 1638 viewsTractorCam

2/10

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Disappointed on 16:30 - Aug 30 with 1631 viewshype313

Disappointed on 16:30 - Aug 30 by TractorCam

2/10

2? That's generous.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Disappointed on 16:31 - Aug 30 with 1626 viewsSamWhiteUK

Where pray tell do you think Chambers' natural position is then?
Disappointed on 16:31 - Aug 30 with 1626 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Disappointed on 16:43 - Aug 30 with 1560 viewsitfc48

There's no doubt Webster had promise but it was decent business for the club. However I think we all got a bit overly carried away with him because it had been so long since we had a centre half who could pass.
Disappointed on 16:45 - Aug 30 with 1551 viewshoppy

Disappointed on 16:31 - Aug 30 by SamWhiteUK

Where pray tell do you think Chambers' natural position is then?

Keeper?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Disappointed on 17:06 - Aug 30 with 1482 viewsKeaneish

If you're disappointed with an 'era' after 5 games you should maybe look up the definition of era and reassess your comments about faith and time.

The comment about Chambers should be revised, and the one about Webster too.

In fact, the only part i agree with is the final line.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Disappointed on 17:14 - Aug 30 with 1456 viewsPositivelyPortman

Disappointed on 16:43 - Aug 30 by itfc48

There's no doubt Webster had promise but it was decent business for the club. However I think we all got a bit overly carried away with him because it had been so long since we had a centre half who could pass.

He hoofed a lot, I didn’t see too much passing.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Disappointed on 17:19 - Aug 30 with 1426 viewskizaitfc

We tried to sign two, we got Toto and Blackpool pi$$ed about with Tilt, cannot always be helped, we have Chalobah who can play as CB too.

PH has already admitted he hasnt been able to sign all the players he would have liked and im sure that is the same across the country, LOOK AT MOURINHO AT UNITED!

And obviously it would be nice to keep your top players, but if they want to leave there isnt much you can do

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024