Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley out of the Europa League 21:37 - Aug 30 with 1179 viewsJ2BLUE

They'd be through if they had played Walters

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Burnley out of the Europa League on 00:03 - Aug 31 with 1103 viewsbrazil1982

I was there tonight (and for the Aberdeen match a few weeks back). Olympiakos very well organised, Burnley guilty of poor finishing, I can see them struggling this season - they're a bit threadbare and do lack some quality.

Randomly, Statto from FF was sat a behind me.
Burnley out of the Europa League on 07:13 - Aug 31 with 1040 viewschristiand

Burnley out of the Europa League on 00:03 - Aug 31 by brazil1982

I was there tonight (and for the Aberdeen match a few weeks back). Olympiakos very well organised, Burnley guilty of poor finishing, I can see them struggling this season - they're a bit threadbare and do lack some quality.

Randomly, Statto from FF was sat a behind me.

In a way, I think Burnley are better out of the Europa League. Just don't think they have the depth in their squad to compete in that and the EPL. Like us when we were in the UEFA Cup under Burley, it really stretched us and ultimately we paid the price. Which competition would the club's Chairman want to remain in? For the money generated it's without doubt the EPL, however the way Burnley have started this season they've found it a struggle so far.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 7:20]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Burnley out of the Europa League on 07:17 - Aug 31 with 1032 viewsBlue_Order

SPL > EPL
Burnley out of the Europa League on 10:03 - Aug 31 with 971 viewsLeagueOne

Burnley out of the Europa League on 07:13 - Aug 31 by christiand

In a way, I think Burnley are better out of the Europa League. Just don't think they have the depth in their squad to compete in that and the EPL. Like us when we were in the UEFA Cup under Burley, it really stretched us and ultimately we paid the price. Which competition would the club's Chairman want to remain in? For the money generated it's without doubt the EPL, however the way Burnley have started this season they've found it a struggle so far.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 7:20]

I would say we were relegated off the back of selling two of our best players in Wright and Scowie, and bringing in Andy Marshall and Ulrich Lepen. It was like trading in your Jag for a Ford Focus. Also those nasty sky blue kits couldn't have helped.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Burnley out of the Europa League on 10:05 - Aug 31 with 964 viewsSwansea_Blue

That didn't last long! Did they get a whole bunch of new signings in to cope with their 'European campaign'? Can't say I've paid much attention to their transfer business, but i hope not for their sake.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Burnley out of the Europa League on 10:38 - Aug 31 with 946 viewschristiand

Burnley out of the Europa League on 10:03 - Aug 31 by LeagueOne

I would say we were relegated off the back of selling two of our best players in Wright and Scowie, and bringing in Andy Marshall and Ulrich Lepen. It was like trading in your Jag for a Ford Focus. Also those nasty sky blue kits couldn't have helped.

It certainly didn't help (or those shirts!!), although the UEFA Cup was a distraction and a drain on our squad. There were times during that season we managed to get ourselves out of the bottom 3, but ultimately our form and the tough run in towards the end of the season proved too much for us to handle.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 10:42]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024