Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pennington - did he train with us at all today? 21:12 - Aug 31 with 1590 viewsSuperfrans

Or will there be training tomorrow? Anyone know? Phil?

Just that if he is going to be thrown in on Sunday, I’d prefer it if he had at least played a training session or two with Chambers, so they at least know each other’s names.

If not, I’d be surprised if he started Sunday. It would make more sense to put Knudsen in there with Chambers, Donacien and Kenlock on each flank.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Pennington - did he train with us at all today? on 21:48 - Aug 31 with 1540 viewsPhilTWTD

They're training tomorrow. They always adjust the schedule when they play Sundays, Thursday off instead of Wednesday and so on.
Pennington - did he train with us at all today? on 23:22 - Aug 31 with 1364 viewspointofblue

Unless he really impresses in training I don't think Pennington will start Sunday - I can see Spence coming in at right back with Donacien switching to the middle so we have the same backline which started the Blackburn match.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Pennington - did he train with us at all today? on 00:57 - Sep 1 with 1276 viewsNazemariner

Pennington - did he train with us at all today? on 23:22 - Aug 31 by pointofblue

Unless he really impresses in training I don't think Pennington will start Sunday - I can see Spence coming in at right back with Donacien switching to the middle so we have the same backline which started the Blackburn match.

I hope not. That was a sh1t show until Wolfy came on.
Pennington - did he train with us at all today? on 06:55 - Sep 1 with 1186 viewsrfretwell

Pennington - did he train with us at all today? on 00:57 - Sep 1 by Nazemariner

I hope not. That was a sh1t show until Wolfy came on.

Yes i woke up worried too that Pennington will have had hardly any training with the squad. He must be in a real whirl but I think Hurst will put him straight in on Sunday. We need his height in c/d and he has been training with Evertons first team squad so should be sharp enough for our level. Jimmy Bullard couldn't believe how fast and intense Englands training sessions were when he stepped up. Hopefully it works in reverse. Pennington has played around 80 matches in the EFL including with Leeds last season so is alot more experienced than Woolfie. COYBlueboys!
Pennington - did he train with us at all today? on 07:09 - Sep 1 with 1172 viewsSuperfrans

Pennington - did he train with us at all today? on 06:55 - Sep 1 by rfretwell

Yes i woke up worried too that Pennington will have had hardly any training with the squad. He must be in a real whirl but I think Hurst will put him straight in on Sunday. We need his height in c/d and he has been training with Evertons first team squad so should be sharp enough for our level. Jimmy Bullard couldn't believe how fast and intense Englands training sessions were when he stepped up. Hopefully it works in reverse. Pennington has played around 80 matches in the EFL including with Leeds last season so is alot more experienced than Woolfie. COYBlueboys!

It’s more about understanding with Chambers that I’m concerned about. Especially with a fox like Rhodes playing for the opposition.

There is a real chance that Hurst will have worked on shape with the players we already had up to yesterday’s training and that we’ll go with what we’ve got. I think I’d actually rather see Knudsen at CB, with Kenlock coming in at left back.

The more I think about it, the more I think it’ll be Graham who will miss out as the sixth loanee. It seems to be down to him or Edun, but the latter is more established in the team and more likely to shore things up at the back given the loss of Nsiala. Plus, of course, he’s the more natural replacement for Skuse if there is any doubt about his ability to finish (or start) the game.

I’m going:

Bart
Donacien Chambers Knudsen Kenlock
Chalobah Skuse
Edwards Nolan Edun
Walters
Sub: Gerks, Spence, Pennington, Downes, Ward, Sears, Griffiths/Jackson,

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024