Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wish me luck... 21:53 - Aug 31 with 3236 viewssparks

Two big games this weekend. Tomorrow, I attempt to play a full 90 minute competitive 11 aside for the first time in about 8 years. At 15 stone and in mid 40s.

I must be fecking stupid and/or love football more than is healthy.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Wish me luck... on 22:01 - Aug 31 with 3186 viewsDarth_Koont

Good luck.

You'll love it and keep going on adrenaline. Sunday morning might be a little different -— that's when your age comes back times two.

Pronouns: He/Him

Wish me luck... on 22:04 - Aug 31 with 3184 viewssparks

Wish me luck... on 22:01 - Aug 31 by Darth_Koont

Good luck.

You'll love it and keep going on adrenaline. Sunday morning might be a little different -— that's when your age comes back times two.

I begin the new season training with under 9s on Sunday morning. I think that's going to be painful.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Wish me luck... on 22:26 - Aug 31 with 3133 viewsVic

You might be OK if you play CB or GK - otherwise I think we could be organising and TWTD get well card!

Good luck Bully. Make sure you let us know how it goes!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Wish me luck... on 22:42 - Aug 31 with 3109 viewssparks

Wish me luck... on 22:26 - Aug 31 by Vic

You might be OK if you play CB or GK - otherwise I think we could be organising and TWTD get well card!

Good luck Bully. Make sure you let us know how it goes!

Can't play cb. Never have done. Can't head. Am a bit soft.

No idea where I'll play though. We're thin on the ground. Guessing I could get lumbered with full back on the basis of limiting the impact of my inadequacies.

Played full back about 3 times ever. Should be a giggle.

Wish me luck... on 23:28 - Aug 31 with 3046 viewsTerra_Farma

Good luck x
Wish me luck... on 23:31 - Aug 31 with 3039 viewsjeera

Blimey. You sure this is a good idea?

Good luck anyway.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Wish me luck... on 09:22 - Sep 1 with 2887 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wish me luck... on 22:42 - Aug 31 by sparks

Can't play cb. Never have done. Can't head. Am a bit soft.

No idea where I'll play though. We're thin on the ground. Guessing I could get lumbered with full back on the basis of limiting the impact of my inadequacies.

Played full back about 3 times ever. Should be a giggle.

Good luck Bully. Make sure you pace yourself. If you go all out from the start you will be throwing up on the pitch.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 09:35 - Sep 1 with 2856 views_

Login to get fewer ads

Wish me luck... on 18:05 - Sep 1 with 2800 viewssparks

Wish me luck... on 09:22 - Sep 1 by GlasgowBlue

Good luck Bully. Make sure you pace yourself. If you go all out from the start you will be throwing up on the pitch.

65 minutes at right back. Couldnt really get involved as I would have liked because if I'd supported up the flank, I;d never have got back to deal with the left winger...

One gets used to astroturf. Bobbly awful grass pitches are rather different. I thikn I used ot have quick enough reactions to react and adjust and control the ball on such surfaces. By a combination of age and lack of habit, I no longer appear capable of doing so...

Wish me luck... on 18:13 - Sep 1 with 2778 viewsstrikalite

Wish me luck... on 18:05 - Sep 1 by sparks

65 minutes at right back. Couldnt really get involved as I would have liked because if I'd supported up the flank, I;d never have got back to deal with the left winger...

One gets used to astroturf. Bobbly awful grass pitches are rather different. I thikn I used ot have quick enough reactions to react and adjust and control the ball on such surfaces. By a combination of age and lack of habit, I no longer appear capable of doing so...

So, you're in for next week?
Wish me luck... on 18:15 - Sep 1 with 2769 viewssparks

Wish me luck... on 18:13 - Sep 1 by strikalite

So, you're in for next week?

Depends how many we have I suspect!

My aim is to wriggle my way back into midfield where I belong, and where the few parts of the game I am actually okay at, are able to be employed...

Wish me luck... on 18:20 - Sep 1 with 2752 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Good for you, Mr Sparks. We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. ( I still play 11 a side in an over 40 league at the grand old age of 64. I will stop when I don’t get picked or when they carry me from the field to the cemetery, whichever comes first.)

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

Wish me luck... on 18:22 - Sep 1 with 2750 viewssparks

Wish me luck... on 18:20 - Sep 1 by readtheleaguetable

Good for you, Mr Sparks. We don’t stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. ( I still play 11 a side in an over 40 league at the grand old age of 64. I will stop when I don’t get picked or when they carry me from the field to the cemetery, whichever comes first.)

I wish there was an over 40 league locally.

Its not easy defending against 20 somethings who can make 10 yards on me in about 3 seconds!

Wish me luck... on 18:26 - Sep 1 with 2735 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Wish me luck... on 18:22 - Sep 1 by sparks

Its not easy defending against 20 somethings who can make 10 yards on me in about 3 seconds!

Yep. A lassoo would come in handy.

Wish me luck... on 18:31 - Sep 1 with 2723 viewssparks

Wish me luck... on 18:26 - Sep 1 by readtheleaguetable

Yep. A lassoo would come in handy.

One of the guys said- "dont worry, just kick their legs out".

One has to get close to do that:-)

Wish me luck... on 19:34 - Sep 1 with 2644 viewsfinidiwoah

Wish me luck... on 18:22 - Sep 1 by sparks

If your in Suffolk there is a local vets league, for people over the age of 35 if you wanted to get involved with it
Wish me luck... on 20:05 - Sep 1 with 2621 viewsstrikalite

64, that's tremendous....it's usually damn injuries that sideline you at any age but especially over say 35, so you're doing something VERY right!
Wish me luck... on 20:10 - Sep 1 with 2606 viewssparks

Wish me luck... on 19:34 - Sep 1 by finidiwoah

If your in Suffolk there is a local vets league, for people over the age of 35 if you wanted to get involved with it

Somerset

Wish me luck... on 20:12 - Sep 1 with 2604 viewsBenno1960

Fair play to you mate

I played regular league ti, I was 50 and then vets until 55. Our team folded and I'm not sure why I didn't find another

I really miss it still now (58 soon)
Wish me luck... on 21:56 - Sep 1 with 2525 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Wish me luck... on 20:05 - Sep 1 by strikalite

64, that's tremendous....it's usually damn injuries that sideline you at any age but especially over say 35, so you're doing something VERY right!

Run daily and drink lots of coffee, wine and whisky. Guaranteed health plan!

on 09:18 - Sep 2 with 2428 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024