Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... 01:32 - Sep 1 with 8300 viewshenryblue

He, not surprisingly, said that the players were all very happy under Mick and were sad to see him go. He did also agree that there were players there who were happy under him Cos they knew they'd get a chance regardless of their ability, moreso because of the work rate and their chances of playing week in week out. What's happening right now is a risk but im much happier in a situation where the players have to work their arse off to afford a place and the line ups are selected on the basis of skillset and footballing ability. These are young and hungry players chomping at the bit to impress in the current situation and I think long term if we can get through this rut we have a chance of developing into something very exciting. I'm nervous but I truly believe beating Norwich would create something very exciting. The derbies under Mick were total dross, sucking the fun and life out of the most exciting game of the year in order to not lose, which lets face it happened rarely. We're heading into a derby knowing we will go all out to put goals past them and I've not been as excited about it for a long long time. Up the town, I love this club and I truly believe we're gonna do it.
Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 13:06 - Sep 1 with 1249 viewsMullet

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 12:52 - Sep 1 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. That made no sense.

And in any case, Hurst is actively focusing on "work rate and their chances of playing week in week out" in his selections and recruitment. More than any other manager I can remember.

No one has mentioned Douglas' goal wrongly disallowed yet. The levels of injustice in the last few years need to be pettily guarded too.

We'll forget about Spence's performance last season though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 13:07 - Sep 1 with 1240 viewsjeera

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 12:42 - Sep 1 by brazil1982

Are you the Grammar police? Petty.

So why comment?

Nothing to add on the OP's attempts to divide fans again then? No?

I figured he may be a budgie. Like I say, maybe not.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 14:42 - Sep 1 with 1188 viewsbrazil1982

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 13:07 - Sep 1 by jeera

So why comment?

Nothing to add on the OP's attempts to divide fans again then? No?

I figured he may be a budgie. Like I say, maybe not.

Are you the Grammar Police?
Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 15:07 - Sep 1 with 1167 viewsGluedtoBlue

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 12:52 - Sep 1 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. That made no sense.

And in any case, Hurst is actively focusing on "work rate and their chances of playing week in week out" in his selections and recruitment. More than any other manager I can remember.

It's funny isn't it that 'Mick picked his mates and favs' but nobody seems to mention that the main 3:

Chambers
Skuse
Knudsen

Are all, seemingly, highly thought of by PH.

Micks mates? Or just good pros?

You can debate their talent all day (I'm personally a fan of them all) but you cannot deny that at any level of sport mentality and attitude account for probably 90% of the overall performance.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 15:28 - Sep 1 with 1153 viewsjeera

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 08:39 - Sep 1 by bluehook

Had a rough night lovey?

You never really offer much do you?

You have no opinion of the OP then?

Anything, anything at all?

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 15:29 - Sep 1 with 1152 viewsjeera

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 14:42 - Sep 1 by brazil1982

Are you the Grammar Police?

So you have no opinion on the OP whatsoever then?

Nothing, no?

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 15:29 - Sep 1 with 1154 viewsstonojnr

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 07:07 - Sep 1 by artsbossbeard

There's some horrific reinvention of the derbies under Mick if they're now being classed as drab affairs.

sorry last seasons home game was exciting was it ? we had roughly 5-10 mins of effort from kick off, and then nothing for the rest of the game which summed up Micks style of football to a tee,, 2 shots on target in the whole game at home in a local derby, I think we were playing for extra time and penalties in that match.

I watched that game and thought if we'd carried on playing like that we'd have been relegated, thats how exciting a game it was.

2016 at home, pretty much the same started brightly, they scored,and we had 2 shots on target again (1 of which was the equalizer)

the playoff game 2015, yeah that was good, we managed 4 this time, but it was still only a draw,

and 2014 at home I bet you cant guess how many shots on target we had...2

so out of 4 home games, 360 minutes of football, we only just break into double figures with shots on target with Mick in charge, at home, and you are telling me those were exciting games ?
Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 15:32 - Sep 1 with 1143 viewsartsbossbeard

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 15:29 - Sep 1 by stonojnr

sorry last seasons home game was exciting was it ? we had roughly 5-10 mins of effort from kick off, and then nothing for the rest of the game which summed up Micks style of football to a tee,, 2 shots on target in the whole game at home in a local derby, I think we were playing for extra time and penalties in that match.

I watched that game and thought if we'd carried on playing like that we'd have been relegated, thats how exciting a game it was.

2016 at home, pretty much the same started brightly, they scored,and we had 2 shots on target again (1 of which was the equalizer)

the playoff game 2015, yeah that was good, we managed 4 this time, but it was still only a draw,

and 2014 at home I bet you cant guess how many shots on target we had...2

so out of 4 home games, 360 minutes of football, we only just break into double figures with shots on target with Mick in charge, at home, and you are telling me those were exciting games ?

Hi Statto. How are Frank and David?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 19:55 - Sep 1 with 1048 viewsMullet

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 15:07 - Sep 1 by GluedtoBlue

It's funny isn't it that 'Mick picked his mates and favs' but nobody seems to mention that the main 3:

Chambers
Skuse
Knudsen

Are all, seemingly, highly thought of by PH.

Micks mates? Or just good pros?

You can debate their talent all day (I'm personally a fan of them all) but you cannot deny that at any level of sport mentality and attitude account for probably 90% of the overall performance.

Someone did an amazing rustler of a thread that went to 3 or 4 pages maybe more. All he did was ask why Jonas was being linked to so many clubs with lots of money and playoff ambitions.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 20:37 - Sep 1 with 1021 viewsSwn98

Just spoke to a close friend of Hyams... on 08:51 - Sep 1 by Johnny_Boy

Mediocre players, safe in the knowledge the mediocre manager will always pick them, regardless.
The squad & mentality needed shaking up with a sledgehammer.

Have we improved since then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024