Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The final beer... 10:27 - Sep 1 with 1278 viewsTIB

The EADT have an extended article here from yesterday where I discussed Away Days and how its all come about. It's also the perfect time to announce the final beer in the starting line-up..."Hoppy Robson". A refreshingly fruity 4.5% amber ale.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/bobby-robson-and-boncho-genchev-get-tribute-beers-1-5

All three beers will be selling in Suffolk by the end of September...the weather and other factors have delayed things but I'm almost there now and hopefully you can all be enjoying a pint or bottle of Away Days soon.

Also, my website is live now at www.awaydaysbeer.com . If any of you play for local football clubs and fancy having your own clubhouse brew, have a look at the "Create Your Club" page on the site.

Thanks again to TWTD and I'll see you at the bar soon.

TIB aka Josh

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

The final beer... on 10:33 - Sep 1 with 1255 viewsfactual_blue

Have you considered a cheese beer or a hob nob lager?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The final beer... on 10:38 - Sep 1 with 1234 viewsJohnny_Boy

SPAM.

But seriously, how Hoppy is the stuff? With a name like that, I expect it to be bordering on the undrinkable - hop strength wise.

Or is it just more for the pun name?
The final beer... on 10:47 - Sep 1 with 1217 viewsTIB

The final beer... on 10:38 - Sep 1 by Johnny_Boy

SPAM.

But seriously, how Hoppy is the stuff? With a name like that, I expect it to be bordering on the undrinkable - hop strength wise.

Or is it just more for the pun name?

Spam overload!!! It uses Citra hops which is where it gets the fruity aspect from...it's more a play on the name though

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

The final beer... on 10:51 - Sep 1 with 1203 viewssparks

The final beer... on 10:47 - Sep 1 by TIB

Spam overload!!! It uses Citra hops which is where it gets the fruity aspect from...it's more a play on the name though

Have you considered brewing a beer called Wizard's Sleeve, or Gandalf's Memory Stick?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The final beer... on 10:57 - Sep 1 with 1179 viewsitfcjoe

Any news on where it will be being served?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The final beer... on 11:00 - Sep 1 with 1164 viewsJohnny_Boy

The final beer... on 10:47 - Sep 1 by TIB

Oh grand. Having lived in the Pacific NW, they loved an obnoxiously strong hoppy IPA. Never quite did it for me, found it a bit undrinkable. Whilst the East Coast preferred their Porters & Stouts, which is fine on a cold day, but dangerous stuff in the Summer.
The final beer... on 11:08 - Sep 1 with 1148 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hoppy will be delighted you’ve named it after him. Can I suggest the Swansea Suave for the next one?

Others:
J2 Eggstra Hoppy
Glasgow Citra Swerve
Bluebell Blast
Bentley Bûgger
Old Factual

Etc...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The final beer... on 11:21 - Sep 1 with 1130 viewsfactual_blue

The final beer... on 11:08 - Sep 1 by Swansea_Blue

Hoppy will be delighted you’ve named it after him. Can I suggest the Swansea Suave for the next one?

Others:
J2 Eggstra Hoppy
Glasgow Citra Swerve
Bluebell Blast
Bentley Bûgger
Old Factual

Etc...

Peculier Old Factual, if you don't mind.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024