Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Jon Walters start against Norwich? 10:44 - Sep 1 with 1807 viewsGarv

Should Jon Walters start against Norwich?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Should Jon Walters start against Norwich? on 11:34 - Sep 1 with 1732 viewsNazemariner

No.......we should leave a seasoned PL and established international striker on the bench.

Deary me!
Should Jon Walters start against Norwich? on 14:14 - Sep 1 with 1621 viewsJ2BLUE

On the right IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Should Jon Walters start against Norwich? on 14:43 - Sep 1 with 1569 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yes, possibly playing wide or up front either as a two or on his own.

Not certain which role but the answer is yes, he should be playing.

Possibly bring him off the bench but I think starting would be a better option.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Should Jon Walters start against Norwich? on 20:33 - Sep 1 with 1373 viewsTownly

He's played a handful of games in the past two seasons, and none recently.

Any manager worth his salt would have him nowhere else but on the bench.

He may have kept himself fit, but match fit he is not.

A total sign of desperation and of scraping the depths to expect a 34 year old new comer to the squad to rescue the situation in one fell swoop.

What about the rest of the side are they now considered so bad that they need an ageing pro, past his best years, to steady the sinking ship?

The thought that Walters alone is the panacea for all current ills emphasises no more than the mistakes made by the current manager.

If he has balls, or belief in what he is doing then he need not resort to such desperate measures.

Walters is a good and very timely signing, but cannot possibly be the answer to all our problems.

Are we suddenly to score goals now that he is busying himself upfront? Will the others turn into superstars by his very presence? Come on!

Off the bench if needed. Hurst has crossed the Rubicon, reinforcements? Yes. A backward step? No!

It is after all a bit early to back track on all the encouraging utterances emanating from the manager. He had me hoodwinked.
Should Jon Walters start against Norwich? on 21:04 - Sep 1 with 1315 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I think he will be on the bench.....probably rightly so.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Should Jon Walters start against Norwich? on 21:11 - Sep 1 with 1301 viewsWicklowBlue

Personally I would put him on the bench and start with Harrison up front. Then bring Walters on around 60mins when the budgies start to tire. They don't have a midfield worth talking about so run them ragged press them high and spring Jon from the bench.

I'd also sub him for Harrison and keep him up front on his own. He can hold the ball up and cause ructions for their CB pairing who aren't great in all fairness.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2018 21:15]
Should Jon Walters start against Norwich? on 22:39 - Sep 1 with 1198 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Should Jon Walters start against Norwich? on 21:11 - Sep 1 by WicklowBlue

Personally I would put him on the bench and start with Harrison up front. Then bring Walters on around 60mins when the budgies start to tire. They don't have a midfield worth talking about so run them ragged press them high and spring Jon from the bench.

I'd also sub him for Harrison and keep him up front on his own. He can hold the ball up and cause ructions for their CB pairing who aren't great in all fairness.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2018 21:15]

I would see that as the other way round.

Walters would cause them a lot of problems from the off and I would imagine he is still fit enough to do that for 90 minutes if needed. Harrison, Jackson or even Sears could then be the fresh legs and pace to take advantage if still needed later on.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Should Jon Walters start against Norwich? on 01:07 - Sep 2 with 1122 viewspointofblue

I would say no; know I'll get down-voted but we should give Edwards, Jackson and Harrison another go considering we've played decently in matches, the first half at least, up to now. Put Walters on if it's not going to plan.

That being said, if we start him would I be upset? Not in the slightest.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 1:07]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Should Jon Walters start against Norwich? on 07:12 - Sep 2 with 1058 viewsdissboy2

keep our powder dry, we've been tiring in the last third both in time and area of pitch, high impact sub
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024