Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uninspired 14:11 - Sep 2 with 3150 viewsMetal_Hacker

We’re miles away from being a semi decent side let alone anything else

Poll: If it were one or the other

Uninspired on 14:16 - Sep 2 with 2703 viewsyorkshire

What were you expecting - a new manager to come in and suddenly we start winning every game ?

This is a project - three of the players on that pitch had barely trained with the team

I think we have signed some good players and I think Walters and Pennington are astute loan signings. If we are still producing this sort of football in 10-12 games then you have cause for concern
Uninspired on 14:17 - Sep 2 with 2681 viewsSpruceMoose

Nonsense.

I'm sure plenty of posters had their whinge pre typed and ready to go.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Uninspired on 14:28 - Sep 2 with 2578 viewsMetal_Hacker

Uninspired on 14:16 - Sep 2 by yorkshire

What were you expecting - a new manager to come in and suddenly we start winning every game ?

This is a project - three of the players on that pitch had barely trained with the team

I think we have signed some good players and I think Walters and Pennington are astute loan signings. If we are still producing this sort of football in 10-12 games then you have cause for concern

Glad you’re happy with the “project” so far. Seems I must be in the minority then

We’ve had weeks as a club to be playing better ffs

They’re “professional “ footballers man

Enjoy the next few games and then come back to me once you’ve reached your 10-12 games

This is going to take a lot longer I’m telling you

Uninspired on 14:30 - Sep 2 with 2560 viewsMetal_Hacker

Uninspired on 14:17 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

Nonsense.

I'm sure plenty of posters had their whinge pre typed and ready to go.

So you were inspired and suggest we’re close to being a decent side ?

Read my post for what it’s actually saying.

We’re not a decent side and far from it snd I wasn’t inspired

Glad you were

Uninspired on 14:32 - Sep 2 with 2531 viewsSpruceMoose

Uninspired on 14:30 - Sep 2 by Metal_Hacker

So you were inspired and suggest we’re close to being a decent side ?

Read my post for what it’s actually saying.

We’re not a decent side and far from it snd I wasn’t inspired

Glad you were

Yep. New manager. New system.. I think it's going to take time, there were plenty of positives there today for those who aren't hell bent on seeing that the glass is half empty.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

on 14:34 - Sep 2 with 2519 views_

Uninspired on 14:32 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

Yep. New manager. New system.. I think it's going to take time, there were plenty of positives there today for those who aren't hell bent on seeing that the glass is half empty.

Uninspired on 14:36 - Sep 2 with 2484 viewsVic

If I remember back a couple of months it was pretty clear in here that the vast, vast majority of us thought that this season would be a struggle and that anything approaching mid table would be fine. So most of us accepts that we wouldn’t be much of a team this season, we accepted that we’d be average to poor. And so it is turning out.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Uninspired on 14:38 - Sep 2 with 2468 viewsyorkshire

Uninspired on 14:28 - Sep 2 by Metal_Hacker

Glad you’re happy with the “project” so far. Seems I must be in the minority then

Enjoy the next few games and then come back to me once you’ve reached your 10-12 games

Obviously I'd like to see us win and obviously I am not happy we are 2nd bottom - but it is all about margins - a draw instead of a loss against Rotherham and we'd be 20th - it has been that close

None of the games have been walkovers for the opposition and I don't think they will. Now that the window is closed the PH has his team and with the international break he has two weeks on the training ground to work with them

For me there are a lot of positives - both from the new signings - Nsiala, Nolan and Edwards and then Walters adds that much needed experience

I know we aren't going to be near the top this season but I haven't seen what you doom and gloom merchants have that is for sure
Login to get fewer ads

What a load of tosh on 14:38 - Sep 2 with 2463 viewsunstableblue

Yes the first half was poor; it was the style we’re trying to move away from.

First 25mins of the second half were exciting and dynamic, and any team in this league would have struggled to cope.

We’ve only just settled on our squad; we’ve been unlucky, and we’ll improve further.

It’s a good first team and bench. Of course Jackson and Harrison are making a big step up.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Uninspired on 14:41 - Sep 2 with 2439 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:34 - Sep 2 by _

Well, I think you're too keen to see negatives. I guess we just see it differently. I still think you're a good egg though

Uninspired on 14:42 - Sep 2 with 2434 viewsVic

Uninspired on 14:38 - Sep 2 by yorkshire

Obviously I'd like to see us win and obviously I am not happy we are 2nd bottom - but it is all about margins - a draw instead of a loss against Rotherham and we'd be 20th - it has been that close

None of the games have been walkovers for the opposition and I don't think they will. Now that the window is closed the PH has his team and with the international break he has two weeks on the training ground to work with them

For me there are a lot of positives - both from the new signings - Nsiala, Nolan and Edwards and then Walters adds that much needed experience

I know we aren't going to be near the top this season but I haven't seen what you doom and gloom merchants have that is for sure

I’d add Doancien and Eden to the positives.

But I’m not sure yet about Nolan and Edwards. Edwards is living on the one wonderful run in e first game but really hasn’t done much since then. It seems generally accepted that Nolan hasn’t been the creative, driving midfielder we all hoped he would be. If he’s got it he’ll come good, but so far he’s not been better than we’d already got. I’m looking forward to having Dozzell and Huws fit; I think we have the making of a decent team.

on 14:48 - Sep 2 with 2381 views_

Uninspired on 14:42 - Sep 2 by Vic

I’d add Doancien and Eden to the positives.

But I’m not sure yet about Nolan and Edwards. Edwards is living on the one wonderful run in e first game but really hasn’t done much since then. It seems generally accepted that Nolan hasn’t been the creative, driving midfielder we all hoped he would be. If he’s got it he’ll come good, but so far he’s not been better than we’d already got. I’m looking forward to having Dozzell and Huws fit; I think we have the making of a decent team.

Uninspired on 14:50 - Sep 2 with 2371 viewsMetal_Hacker

Feel free to read any of my earlier comments. All very glass half full

Perhaps I should apologise for making a personal observation which you didn’t agree with

I’m not 50yrs old and have been supporting this team since they age of 6 living all over rh country and now in Yorkshire

I’ve been through lots like many of us I prescribe to having a blow every now and again

Again please read my OP, it’s not negative it’s an observation

Uninspired on 14:52 - Sep 2 with 2341 viewsSpruceMoose

Uninspired on 14:50 - Sep 2 by Metal_Hacker

Perhaps I should apologise for making a personal observation which you didn’t agree with

I’m not 50yrs old and have been supporting this team since they age of 6 living all over rh country and now in Yorkshire

I’ve been through lots like many of us I prescribe to having a blow every now and again

I'm not trawling back through your message history. My reply was based on this thread.

Uninspired on 14:53 - Sep 2 with 2332 viewsMetal_Hacker

Uninspired on 14:38 - Sep 2 by yorkshire

Doom and gloom merchant. For someon who perhaps hasn’t read my frequent other posts I suggest you do. For the most I’m very positive and again as I’ve already stated read the OP

You inspired by the today ?

Are we a decent side ?

This is what I’m stressing nothing else ffs

Uninspired on 14:55 - Sep 2 with 2319 viewsAlong

This new manager, new system excuse is getting a little old now. It's been 7 games, a whole pre season, I know footballers aren't the brightest, but surely Hurst must have his stamp on the players by now...maybe we can start looking past this excuse and see things for what they really are? Its impossible to have any kind of reasonable discussion when people are just blind to what they are seeing!
Uninspired on 14:55 - Sep 2 with 2317 viewsMetal_Hacker

Uninspired on 14:52 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

I'm not trawling back through your message history. My reply was based on this thread.

And not based on actually reading the OP correctly and therefore making comment about my thoughts without taking time to appreciate what the OP suggests

Good man

Uninspired on 14:56 - Sep 2 with 2299 viewsSpruceMoose

Uninspired on 14:53 - Sep 2 by Metal_Hacker

Doom and gloom merchant. For someon who perhaps hasn’t read my frequent other posts I suggest you do. For the most I’m very positive and again as I’ve already stated read the OP

You inspired by the today ?

Are we a decent side ?

This is what I’m stressing nothing else ffs

Yes. I thought there were some good things today. I feel that we are progressing. I feel we are growing used to how Hurst wants us to play.

on 14:58 - Sep 2 with 2279 views_

Uninspired on 14:56 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

Yes. I thought there were some good things today. I feel that we are progressing. I feel we are growing used to how Hurst wants us to play.

Uninspired on 15:00 - Sep 2 with 2261 viewsVic

on 14:48 - Sep 2 by _

Excellent, glad to hear that (I didn’t see the game). I was really commenting on his contribution in the previous few games when I think most agree that he wasn’t making the difference we need h8m to make.

Uninspired on 15:19 - Sep 2 with 2188 viewsunstableblue

on 14:34 - Sep 2 by _

That 25 mins after the break were really good Libero; agree first half was terrible... but didn’t you think that was like the football we used to play and in general has not been seen under hurst

I would question hurst on Graham and bringing on Ward for Edun?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Uninspired on 15:23 - Sep 2 with 2162 viewspointofblue

Uninspired on 15:19 - Sep 2 by unstableblue

That 25 mins after the break were really good Libero; agree first half was terrible... but didn’t you think that was like the football we used to play and in general has not been seen under hurst

I would question hurst on Graham and bringing on Ward for Edun?

We seriously lack consistency as we can’t maintain a reasonable performance for 90 minutes, we’re impotent I’m the final third and shaky at best at the back. All those things spell trouble.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Uninspired on 15:38 - Sep 2 with 2123 viewsLuciBlue

Uninspired on 14:50 - Sep 2 by Metal_Hacker

"like many of us I prescribe to having a blow every now and again"

Hard to argue against that.

Poll: If you had to take one option..

Uninspired on 15:41 - Sep 2 with 2111 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:58 - Sep 2 by _

On the other hand there's the complaint that we don't have a plan B in our locker.

Uninspired on 15:47 - Sep 2 with 2088 viewsBloomBlue

Uninspired on 14:28 - Sep 2 by Metal_Hacker

Nobody is saying they're happy but getting a team to gel takes time, it took SBR 2 years, it took Pep a year to make Man City gel even with all the millions spent.

This isnt a game on a computer it takes time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024