Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... 16:56 - Sep 2 with 5840 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Discuss.

Fairly young guy near me in the South upper today looked genuinely furious when standing up all by himself to shout abuse over towards their fans. I was almost worried for the health of his heart.

Also what's with people who sit/stand there and make w@nker signs towards the opposition's fans from approximately 2.7 miles away? Irony.

Sigh.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 16:58 - Sep 2 with 4713 viewshomer_123

The three blokes in front of me desperate to 'cash out' when Town scored and more worried about that than the game, performance or final result.

Sigh.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:03 - Sep 2 with 4669 viewsJ2BLUE

Reminds me of a game at Carrow Road when I was about 9. One man in front stoof up and screamed "COME ON THEN, I'LL SHOW YOU SOME FUN AND GAMES OUTSIDE". Even at that age I remember looking at him thinking they can't hear you!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 17:07 - Sep 2 with 4614 views_

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:03 - Sep 2 by J2BLUE

Reminds me of a game at Carrow Road when I was about 9. One man in front stoof up and screamed "COME ON THEN, I'LL SHOW YOU SOME FUN AND GAMES OUTSIDE". Even at that age I remember looking at him thinking they can't hear you!

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:37 - Sep 2 with 4433 viewsBLUEBEAT

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:03 - Sep 2 by J2BLUE

I wonder whether he was a Twister man, Ker-Plunk or Dungeons & Dragons...?

Poll: W or W

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:43 - Sep 2 with 4383 viewsStuttonitfc

I'd rather a riled up supporter than the quiet ones that normal frequent the upper sir alf ramsey stand and bemoan everything
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:44 - Sep 2 with 4360 viewsCurrie10

Said it before, I'll say it again.

With the approx 10,000 extra on the gate give or take, it really does pose the question -

* Do these people REALLY support Ipswich or just despise Norwich?

Can well believe you.
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:45 - Sep 2 with 4342 viewsBenters2

Yeah how dare football fans show passion at the biggest home game of the season.

Sigh.
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:46 - Sep 2 with 4318 viewsSpruceMoose

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:45 - Sep 2 by Benters2

Yeah how dare football fans show passion at the biggest home game of the season.

Sigh.

Makes a change from getting riled at a teenager trying to make some scratch by cutting the odd lawn I guess.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:50 - Sep 2 with 4280 viewsBueller

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:45 - Sep 2 by Benters2

Sigh.

Yes lets moan about the crowds and atmosphere for months on end then question anyone who shows any passion.
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:52 - Sep 2 with 4253 viewsBenters2

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:50 - Sep 2 by Bueller

Yes lets moan about the crowds and atmosphere for months on end then question anyone who shows any passion.

I agree.
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:55 - Sep 2 with 4225 viewscobbler

Oh to be a football fan and show passion.
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:59 - Sep 2 with 4193 viewsBlueBadger

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:55 - Sep 2 by cobbler

There's a world of difference between 'passion' and 'tragic posturing saddo taking it all far, far FAR too seriously'though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:01 - Sep 2 with 4176 viewsBenters2

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:55 - Sep 2 by cobbler

I agree! No doubt the stupid yank will be along in a minute to down arrow you.
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:03 - Sep 2 with 4155 viewscobbler

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:01 - Sep 2 by Benters2

I think I saw you half time was you in the middle of sbrl?
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:04 - Sep 2 with 4139 viewsMullet

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:37 - Sep 2 by BLUEBEAT

I wonder whether he was a Twister man, Ker-Plunk or Dungeons & Dragons...?

Hungry Hungry Hippos def info.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:05 - Sep 2 with 4140 viewsBueller

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 17:59 - Sep 2 by BlueBadger

There's a world of difference between 'passion' and 'tragic posturing saddo taking it all far, far FAR too seriously'though.

Based on the original post though and what is described, that is just football is it not? Happens up and down the country every saturday and to think you can't laugh off someone throwing a w@anker sign or getting anmiated is laughable itself. Take all that away from today and I wonder what it would have sounded like.
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:09 - Sep 2 with 4100 viewsLeoMuff

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:01 - Sep 2 by Benters2

I Had assumed you changed your username after your numbskulls 1 happy clappers 0 post after the villa game. Welcome back.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:09 - Sep 2 with 4096 viewsSpruceMoose

Rather a yank than a moronic plank...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:13 - Sep 2 with 4049 viewsBenters2

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:03 - Sep 2 by cobbler

I think I saw you half time was you in the middle of sbrl?

Yes mate i had my Union Jack shirt on.
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:19 - Sep 2 with 4008 viewsBenters2

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:09 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

Rather a yank than a moronic plank...

Very good.
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:19 - Sep 2 with 4008 viewsMelford

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:05 - Sep 2 by Bueller

Based on the original post though and what is described, that is just football is it not? Happens up and down the country every saturday and to think you can't laugh off someone throwing a w@anker sign or getting anmiated is laughable itself. Take all that away from today and I wonder what it would have sounded like.

Exactly. That's what most people around me and I do. The ref can't hear when I call him a cheating c**t, the lino can't hear it when I tell him to shove his flag up his ar*e.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:28 - Sep 2 with 3951 viewsBlueBadger

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:05 - Sep 2 by Bueller

I think the whole point of the OP is that we WERE laughing at the aforementioned tragic, posturing, etc saddos who DO go above and beyond the expected and 'normal' shouting at the ref, etc.?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 18:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:33 - Sep 2 with 3916 viewsBenters2

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:28 - Sep 2 by BlueBadger

I think the whole point of the OP is that we WERE laughing at the aforementioned tragic, posturing, etc saddos who DO go above and beyond the expected and 'normal' shouting at the ref, etc.?

Did you go?

I see the Yank is full of himself and he wasnt there.
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:53 - Sep 2 with 3812 viewsfloridaboy

I actually find it really funny when people stand there and make gestures towards opposing fans - from a good distance, knowing full well that they are not taking any notice and probably cant see his face.

People like him would never dream of doing it outside the ground when passing those same fans!
People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 20:27 - Sep 2 with 3606 viewsBueller

People who get riled up at football are proper saddos... on 18:28 - Sep 2 by BlueBadger

You are laughing at it but still stressing it’s tragic. Someone getting fired up doing that isn’t hurting anyone, that’s just passion for the game. That’s what makes games most people go to. Giving it large, having a laugh. Too many people on here are too boring I’m afraid. Pack your Thermos in future lads and don’t give it to the away team. That’s not football it’s tragic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024