Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan 17:19 - Sep 2 with 3889 viewsRegencyBlue

Am I the only one beginning to wonder what the hype was all about before we signed him?

Early days I know but I’m not seeing anything to get excited about at the minute.
Nolan on 17:21 - Sep 2 with 3859 viewsHorseboy

Needs to show more, with better opposition to face in the future, just looked lost to me today.
Nolan on 17:22 - Sep 2 with 3851 viewsCoco

“Recycles possession”

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Nolan on 17:25 - Sep 2 with 3837 viewshomer_123

As I said below, Huws absence becomes more pronounced by the match.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Nolan on 17:26 - Sep 2 with 3821 viewsSpruceMoose

Were you expecting a cut price Xavi?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Nolan on 17:31 - Sep 2 with 3777 viewsN2_Blue

Nolan on 17:26 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

What a dumb immature response to a very valid point.

No one is expecting Xavi are they...but I think it's fair to say most have been disappointed by Nolan thus far.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Nolan on 17:33 - Sep 2 with 3757 viewsBLUEBEAT

I thought today was his best game for us so far (and that’s saying something).

Poll: W or W

Nolan on 17:34 - Sep 2 with 3739 viewshomer_123

Nolan on 17:33 - Sep 2 by BLUEBEAT

I thought today was his best game for us so far (and that’s saying something).

Damning with feint praise!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Nolan on 17:38 - Sep 2 with 3691 viewsBLUEBEAT

Nolan on 17:34 - Sep 2 by homer_123

Damning with feint praise!

...but it is progression, to be fair 😄

Poll: W or W

Login to get fewer ads

Nolan on 17:41 - Sep 2 with 3661 viewsRegencyBlue

No, but I was expecting more than I’ve seen so far frankly!
Nolan on 17:44 - Sep 2 with 3645 viewsSpruceMoose

Nolan on 17:31 - Sep 2 by N2_Blue

What a dumb immature response to a very valid point.

No one is expecting Xavi are they...but I think it's fair to say most have been disappointed by Nolan thus far.

Hardly. All depends on what your expectations were of a player you had in all likelihood never seen play before.

So I ask, what was the expectation from a league one player stepping up for first time?

Nice to see the typical Ipswich fan failing to get behind a player after five minutes though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Nolan on 17:47 - Sep 2 with 3614 viewsPositivelyPortman

Well, be honest, he’s better than Douglas, Hyam, that bloke from Birmingham last season et al.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Nolan on 17:48 - Sep 2 with 3595 viewsSpruceMoose

Nolan on 17:47 - Sep 2 by PositivelyPortman

Well, be honest, he’s better than Douglas, Hyam, that bloke from Birmingham last season et al.

Does seem like a few people on here aren't willing to give him the time to prove that though.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 17:50]

Nolan on 17:49 - Sep 2 with 3588 viewsstewartm

I would not question his ability I think he was overwhelmed by the occasion and did not really get going.

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Nolan on 18:06 - Sep 2 with 3486 viewsVaughan8

I have to agree. My first look at him today and I'm not sure what he really did. I was under the impression he was a more creative midfielder, a provider of goals. I can't remember one decent pass for a player through on goal all game.

Definitely has to take partial blame for the goal. Should have just booted it away instead of playing their winger in for a cross....

Overall though, part of me things we looked promising, but the other part thinks we cannot take our chances and let in goals so we are going to struggle.

We could and should have scored at least 2 today, which would have probably meant a win.

We move on. 2 weeks to get things sorted.....!
Nolan on 18:09 - Sep 2 with 3460 viewschristiand

You can understand Nolan taking time to settle in and adjusting to the step up in standard, however in the games he has been involved for us this season he hasn't really shown much full-stop. For the money we have allegedly spent on him, he's been very underwhelming so far.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 18:14]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Nolan on 18:21 - Sep 2 with 3357 viewsRegencyBlue

Nolan on 18:09 - Sep 2 by christiand

You can understand Nolan taking time to settle in and adjusting to the step up in standard, however in the games he has been involved for us this season he hasn't really shown much full-stop. For the money we have allegedly spent on him, he's been very underwhelming so far.

This was the point I was making.

Hopefully he will improve but at the moment he’s struggling in my honest opinion.
Nolan on 18:25 - Sep 2 with 3312 viewsChiefXL

Nolan on 17:44 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

Hardly. All depends on what your expectations were of a player you had in all likelihood never seen play before.

So I ask, what was the expectation from a league one player stepping up for first time?

Nice to see the typical Ipswich fan failing to get behind a player after five minutes though.

His post is timed at 17.19.
Hardly "after five minutes" is it?
Nolan on 18:48 - Sep 2 with 3225 viewsPJH

Nolan looks very very ordinary to me,I thought he looked quite good in his first game at Rotherham but has done very little since.
I would have thought that one of our young midfielders that are not getting a look in could do as much and probably more although it seems the sports science department does not agree.
Nolan on 18:59 - Sep 2 with 3145 viewsN2_Blue

Nolan on 17:44 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

Where have i said i'm not getting behind the player. I'm just pointing out some fans are disappointed so far and rightly in my opinion.

Like wise i could say, who has said they are expecting a Xavi? We've spend a decent fee on him and i've not seen much to indicate why he is worth that fee.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Nolan on 19:41 - Sep 2 with 3003 viewsCaptMickMills

Odd glimpses of skill but needs to contribute more to games
Nolan on 19:46 - Sep 2 with 2966 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Nolan on 18:09 - Sep 2 by christiand

So far Looks a bit lightweight
Not your matt Holland type.
Nolan on 19:50 - Sep 2 with 2945 viewsitfctim

Why? Why can't you resist adding a totally stupid response to a valid, sincere post, from someone who, presumably, unlike you, has actually seen the player play, first hand, and was merely asking for opinions. If that's yours, then well done you, yet again. contributed nothing but a,stupid comment.
Nolan on 20:15 - Sep 2 with 2840 viewsWickets

I think he has looked lighweight and a little out of his depth so far but in the play offs last season i thought he looked a real good 'un so i'm gonna wait and see , plenty of time for him to step up. Hurst should know him, having paid good money for him must think he will come good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024