Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match 20:45 - Sep 2 with 4111 viewsMach_foreignBlue

First and foremost big thanks to Pendejo for having picked me up this morning. Thank you Mike !

That noise when Edwards scored. For that alone I'm so gutted that we haven't won. But we got deservedly punished for letting them back into the game and not taking our chances. That opportunity when Nolan had a time and space. Just hit the bloody target !!!

In terms of how we played and general atmosphere among the fans it's been by far the most enjoyable derby for years. I had been down there last year when Maddison scored for them and my journey back North was much worse. We had seen lot of pointless long balls pumped into their box with a hope for some mistake from their players. Today was much better. Yes many long passes too but we chased balls and played with energy and desire in the 2nd half..... Energy and desire against Norwich, how badly we missed things like that in the last few seasons.

Gwion Edwards would have never been allowed to make that many runs with the balls or or attempts to take on their full-back under McCarthy. Yes it's a dig and can't refrain from doing so. We would have packed our midfield with defensive midfielders had he still been in charge in order to stop Norwich from playing. Today we may have lacked quality at times but we played differently like we mostly did against them throughout the years and that is certainly a pleasing aspect.

Edwards our MOTM for his courage and constant desire to go forward.
Pennington seemed so determined not to make any mistakes. Passing not so good but positioning fine.
Skuse felt so sorry for him. One of out stand-out players prior to his injury and I can't slate him like I usually did during the previous era.

I have seen positive signs yet again and desire to win the game rather than stop opposition from playing so convinced that good results will come.

The main negative was failure to take our chances to kill the game off. Spence always seemed indecisive and prone to mistakes. Gerken it's clear to see that he hasn't played for a while.

Gutted with the result. Pleased with having been there. Fit Emyr Huws would have made a difference today.
Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 20:49 - Sep 2 with 3696 viewsPendejo

Have up arrowed the report not the name check!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 20:53 - Sep 2 with 3667 viewsDanTheMan

"Yes it's a dig and can't refrain from doing so"

Yes you could.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 20:57 - Sep 2 with 3644 viewsFixed_It

Have up-arrowed the positive Skuse comment. ;)

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:14 - Sep 2 with 3552 viewsGlasgowBlue

You'd have got an up arrow from me if you hadn't had a pop at Mick.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:15 - Sep 2 with 3556 viewsEdwardStone

Nice report Mr Mach

I am delighted you had a great day out

I thought we looked lively, some excellent running forward with the ball and I really wanted Johnny Walters to score from that strange half-chance in front of goal.....

Plenty to be happy about from today, 3 points would have been marvellous. Maybe up at Carrow Rd later this season?
Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:22 - Sep 2 with 3517 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:15 - Sep 2 by EdwardStone

Nice report Mr Mach

I am delighted you had a great day out

I thought we looked lively, some excellent running forward with the ball and I really wanted Johnny Walters to score from that strange half-chance in front of goal.....

Plenty to be happy about from today, 3 points would have been marvellous. Maybe up at Carrow Rd later this season?

Don't know what to make of that Walters chance. Will watch it back before making my mind up but I wonder if he could have back-heeled it or something. To be that far beyond the defence and not end up getting a shot away seemed wasteful but forgivable in the context of the game he played for us overall.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:31 - Sep 2 with 3473 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone else just read this to see when the Mick dig would arrive?

Also what did Gerken do wrong?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:40 - Sep 2 with 3443 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:31 - Sep 2 by BrixtonBlue

Anyone else just read this to see when the Mick dig would arrive?

Also what did Gerken do wrong?

An emotional return of Jordan Rhodes for you. All these insults and jeers towards him so it will certainly have been a painful afternoon for you.
Login to get fewer ads

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:48 - Sep 2 with 3418 viewsLeoMuff

Mick said don’t worry about the dig , he is too busy splitting his sides at us going long, sitting 23rd and scoring 5 in 6, and looking at the table from sept 2017.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:55 - Sep 2 with 3380 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:40 - Sep 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

An emotional return of Jordan Rhodes for you. All these insults and jeers towards him so it will certainly have been a painful afternoon for you.

I think a lot of the comments and jeers were stupid, yes. Rhodes didn't want to leave, he was sold by the idiot dark lord.

Now, what did Gerken do wrong?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:59 - Sep 2 with 3363 viewspointofblue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:55 - Sep 2 by BrixtonBlue

I think a lot of the comments and jeers were stupid, yes. Rhodes didn't want to leave, he was sold by the idiot dark lord.

Rhodes didn't have to join Norwich - Jerome rejected us due to previous links after all.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 22:03 - Sep 2 with 3334 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:59 - Sep 2 by pointofblue

Rhodes didn't have to join Norwich - Jerome rejected us due to previous links after all.

Yes, I agree with this bit.

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 22:06 - Sep 2 with 3315 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 21:55 - Sep 2 by BrixtonBlue

Ooooooohhhhh !!!!!! A lot of comments and jeers were stupid towards the poor boy, eh? You always slobber over him and certainly painful afternoon for you. Did you need tissues?

The boy never deserved the level of abuse from our fans did he?

As for Gerken it's obvious you didn't see the match. He made a tentative reaction a few mins just before their equaliser. Needs more games to be confident.
Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 22:08 - Sep 2 with 3292 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 22:06 - Sep 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

Ooooooohhhhh !!!!!! A lot of comments and jeers were stupid towards the poor boy, eh? You always slobber over him and certainly painful afternoon for you. Did you need tissues?

The boy never deserved the level of abuse from our fans did he?

As for Gerken it's obvious you didn't see the match. He made a tentative reaction a few mins just before their equaliser. Needs more games to be confident.

Grow up.

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 22:26 - Sep 2 with 3233 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 22:08 - Sep 2 by BrixtonBlue

Grow up.

You got an answer re Gerken and subsequently tell me to grow up. You're the gift that really keeps giving.
Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 22:26 - Sep 2 with 3234 viewsnshearman1

Thanks Mach.

I totally agree that if we can get Huws and Walters playing in the side we have the makings of a fine team.
Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 03:36 - Sep 3 with 2908 viewsBenters2

Great report as always Mach! I swear my ears are still ringing after the crowd noise yesterday!
I haven’t heard a instant noise like that since seeing the Vulcan bomber at the Clacton-on-Sea air show!
Sorry I missed your message I was with Broggs and Pikey Dave in the NS bar and he was going into one about something or other.
For those moaning about you having a pop at St.Mick Mac well good on you mate,I’m glad he has gone! The football is much better to watch.
You are also bang on about Rhodes he shouldn’t have gone to Norwich I booed him as I did the rest of the Norwich team.
Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 05:33 - Sep 3 with 2855 viewsBenters2

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 20:53 - Sep 2 by DanTheMan

"Yes it's a dig and can't refrain from doing so"

Yes you could.

Why sholudnt Mach have a dig at MM? You have people like Lord Mullet still backing MM to the death?

Different views innit.
Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 06:52 - Sep 3 with 2802 viewsDanTheMan

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 05:33 - Sep 3 by Benters2

Why sholudnt Mach have a dig at MM? You have people like Lord Mullet still backing MM to the death?

Different views innit.

He's gone and people need to get over it.

The only people I see constantly bringing him up are people wanting to continue to bash him for reasons I can't quite fathom.

It's just a bit sad really.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 07:06 - Sep 3 with 2787 viewsBenters2

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 06:52 - Sep 3 by DanTheMan

He's gone and people need to get over it.

The only people I see constantly bringing him up are people wanting to continue to bash him for reasons I can't quite fathom.

It's just a bit sad really.

Thats bolox as Mullet is proper loved up with the bloke and you know it.
Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 09:34 - Sep 3 with 2643 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 07:06 - Sep 3 by Benters2

Thats bolox as Mullet is proper loved up with the bloke and you know it.

There are just two or three posters who haven’t come to terms with Mick’s departure. Everyone else, whether they were so called Mick “inners” or “outers” have moved on and are getting behind PH and what he is trying to do at the club.

I don’t see why anyone feels the need to have a pop at a Mick who did a great job of saving us and getting us challenging again but whose time was ultimately up at the club.

Let’s say we’ll pkayed yesterday without having to bring up Mick.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 09:41 - Sep 3 with 2618 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 22:26 - Sep 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

You got an answer re Gerken and subsequently tell me to grow up. You're the gift that really keeps giving.

The grow up comment was for your stupid, infantile assertion that I slobber over Rhodes and might be upset, plus the assertion that I wasn't at the game.

Rating a player and being annoyed when he was flogged for peanuts doesn't mean you're in love with him or get upset when people chant abuse. When you're an adult you'll understand these things.

Gerken was absolutely fine and assured. There was no evidence that he hadn't played for a while.

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 09:44 - Sep 3 with 2601 viewsBenters2

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 09:34 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

There are just two or three posters who haven’t come to terms with Mick’s departure. Everyone else, whether they were so called Mick “inners” or “outers” have moved on and are getting behind PH and what he is trying to do at the club.

I don’t see why anyone feels the need to have a pop at a Mick who did a great job of saving us and getting us challenging again but whose time was ultimately up at the club.

Let’s say we’ll pkayed yesterday without having to bring up Mick.

Erm sadly he was at the club I’d say 2 seasons too long!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 9:46]
Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 09:44 - Sep 3 with 2596 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 03:36 - Sep 3 by Benters2

Great report as always Mach! I swear my ears are still ringing after the crowd noise yesterday!
I haven’t heard a instant noise like that since seeing the Vulcan bomber at the Clacton-on-Sea air show!
Sorry I missed your message I was with Broggs and Pikey Dave in the NS bar and he was going into one about something or other.
For those moaning about you having a pop at St.Mick Mac well good on you mate,I’m glad he has gone! The football is much better to watch.
You are also bang on about Rhodes he shouldn’t have gone to Norwich I booed him as I did the rest of the Norwich team.

Booing an opposition striker is a great idea. That's never come back to bite us.

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 09:46 - Sep 3 with 2586 viewsBrixtonBlue

Good day at Portman Road despite not winning the match on 05:33 - Sep 3 by Benters2

Different views innit.

It's the fact that everything Mach writes has a Mick dig in it somewhere. It's hilarious. The bloke should let it go.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024