Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My first Hurst disappointment 07:27 - Sep 3 with 4719 viewsKeaneish

No doubt the starting selection left everyone a bit perplexed before kick-off. Some big calls but that's what he's there to do. Looking at the way both sides lined up, we didn't set-up in a 4-2-3-1 as Hurst claimed in the post match presser, it was a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2. Graham and Edwards were no ay near advanced enough and Walters was all too often alongside Jackson.

Looking at the bench, i figured Edun and Chalobah would come off it and revert to the 4-2-3-1 later in the second half when they started to tire. Sticking an extra man in midfield and bringing on two dynamic youngsters would have stretched the likes of Tettey and co but this never happened. Given all the games to date, i'd have expected this. Question is, why not?

Did Hurst miss a trick here? Did he get the MM fear of losing a derby rather than really going for it?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

My first Hurst disappointment on 08:18 - Sep 3 with 4596 viewsHerbivore

Chalobah came on in the first half for Skuse. To be honest I think most fans would have been miffed if we'd taken off a striker to bring on Edun and pack the midfield. It was an odd game yesterday, very Mick like in the way we played for the most part but with less coherence which isn't a surprise given he made 5 or 6 changes to the line up yesterday. Norwich were terrible and I can't recall having a better opportunity to beat them and beat them well, I think Hurst blinked and made too many changes in terms of system and personnel and what resulted was our poorest home performance of the season imo. We're still gelling but these next 2 weeks are crucial and we need to start getting some wins on the board. Hurst also needs to have confidence in his plan A and not chop and change things if they aren't working immediately.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My first Hurst disappointment on 08:22 - Sep 3 with 4569 viewstextbackup

have to say I thought Jordan graham was bloody rubbish, can tell he hasn't played for a while, barely saw he was on the pitch

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

My first Hurst disappointment on 10:29 - Sep 3 with 4398 viewsKeaneish

My first Hurst disappointment on 08:18 - Sep 3 by Herbivore

Chalobah came on in the first half for Skuse. To be honest I think most fans would have been miffed if we'd taken off a striker to bring on Edun and pack the midfield. It was an odd game yesterday, very Mick like in the way we played for the most part but with less coherence which isn't a surprise given he made 5 or 6 changes to the line up yesterday. Norwich were terrible and I can't recall having a better opportunity to beat them and beat them well, I think Hurst blinked and made too many changes in terms of system and personnel and what resulted was our poorest home performance of the season imo. We're still gelling but these next 2 weeks are crucial and we need to start getting some wins on the board. Hurst also needs to have confidence in his plan A and not chop and change things if they aren't working immediately.

Yeah i have to agree with all of that. The first half was atrocious to the point that a woman next to started up a conversation about NFL! 2nd half a bit better but after our flurry and goal, ir never felt like we'd get a second wind.

I just thought that a double sub, Harrison for Graham and Edun for Jackson and a distinct switch to 4-2-3-1 would have served us a lot better. Given the amount of grass Walters covered yesterday and how much of a problem he was throughout, i'd not have been adverse to a one up top approach. Problem we've had so far with this is getting bodies in the right areas to support at the right times.

My first Hurst disappointment on 10:31 - Sep 3 with 4386 viewsKeaneish

My first Hurst disappointment on 08:22 - Sep 3 by textbackup

have to say I thought Jordan graham was bloody rubbish, can tell he hasn't played for a while, barely saw he was on the pitch

Agreed. Awful and some bewildering decision making too like trying to dribble through 3 players on the halfway line and lose the ball. Doesn't look anywhere near match fit. Tracking back looked laboured and there was no burst of pace to get by players which is what i thought he possessed and the reason he was here.

If you look at several of Edwards 50 yard runs turning defence into attack, he's way off that at the moment.

My first Hurst disappointment on 13:21 - Sep 3 with 4233 viewsPositivelyPortman

It’s amazing at the number of members of TWTD that have managed at league level - in their heads - and would do a better job - no matter who was in charge.
Everyone of them is a little Guardiola.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

My first Hurst disappointment on 13:23 - Sep 3 with 4218 viewsFrimleyBlue

My first Hurst disappointment on 13:21 - Sep 3 by PositivelyPortman

It’s amazing at the number of members of TWTD that have managed at league level - in their heads - and would do a better job - no matter who was in charge.

yet the manager who has managed at league level has failed to win a game

Not sure what your point is?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

My first Hurst disappointment on 13:27 - Sep 3 with 4195 viewsWeird_Beard

A scrappy game devoid of any real quality. My worry though is whilst we played to our full ability there was a sense that Norwich could have played better.
My first Hurst disappointment on 13:31 - Sep 3 with 4166 viewsHerbivore

My first Hurst disappointment on 13:27 - Sep 3 by Weird_Beard

A scrappy game devoid of any real quality. My worry though is whilst we played to our full ability there was a sense that Norwich could have played better.

Ha! Shouldn't you be on WOTB, mate?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

My first Hurst disappointment on 14:19 - Sep 3 with 4099 viewsOsborneOneNil

My first Hurst disappointment on 10:29 - Sep 3 by Keaneish

Yeah i have to agree with all of that. The first half was atrocious to the point that a woman next to started up a conversation about NFL! 2nd half a bit better but after our flurry and goal, ir never felt like we'd get a second wind.

I just thought that a double sub, Harrison for Graham and Edun for Jackson and a distinct switch to 4-2-3-1 would have served us a lot better. Given the amount of grass Walters covered yesterday and how much of a problem he was throughout, i'd not have been adverse to a one up top approach. Problem we've had so far with this is getting bodies in the right areas to support at the right times.

It was very scrappy, but, I enjoyed a Town game for the first time in 3 years. 19 efforts on goal. The atmosphere helped, of course.
My first Hurst disappointment on 14:47 - Sep 3 with 4034 viewsPJH

My first Hurst disappointment on 14:19 - Sep 3 by OsborneOneNil

It was very scrappy, but, I enjoyed a Town game for the first time in 3 years. 19 efforts on goal. The atmosphere helped, of course.

I think that I enjoyed the 48 League games that I saw us win in that time a bit more.
You must be the only Norwich fan.... on 15:22 - Sep 3 with 3943 viewsBloots

My first Hurst disappointment on 13:27 - Sep 3 by Weird_Beard

...that is still clinging to the thought that you are any good.

Assume it's just for the benefit of your TWTD persona though.

How does it make you feel inside while you are pretending to be an Ipswich fan? I guess that deep down you enjoy pretending to support a superior club. I expect it's the only time in your sorry little life that you have any sense of pride.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

My first Hurst disappointment on 15:36 - Sep 3 with 3918 viewsSuperfrans

My first Hurst disappointment on 13:23 - Sep 3 by FrimleyBlue

yet the manager who has managed at league level has failed to win a game

Not sure what your point is?

He has still won more matches than you or anyone else on here.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

You must be the only Norwich fan.... on 15:41 - Sep 3 with 3895 viewsWeird_Beard

You must be the only Norwich fan.... on 15:22 - Sep 3 by Bloots

...that is still clinging to the thought that you are any good.

Assume it's just for the benefit of your TWTD persona though.

How does it make you feel inside while you are pretending to be an Ipswich fan? I guess that deep down you enjoy pretending to support a superior club. I expect it's the only time in your sorry little life that you have any sense of pride.

I can't really say that I'm pretending to be anything. You are deluded or, live in hope.

As for pride I've accomplished many things that have given me a great deal of pride. Being able to retire at 38 being one of them.
My first Hurst disappointment on 15:49 - Sep 3 with 3864 viewsCurrie10

The Graham decision I think is lost on most people.

Zero logic to it, hardly played the past 5 years - signed just before the game and rewarded with 81 minutes when unlikely to be fit.

Very strange decision.
To be fair.... on 16:10 - Sep 3 with 3843 viewsBloots

You must be the only Norwich fan.... on 15:41 - Sep 3 by Weird_Beard

I can't really say that I'm pretending to be anything. You are deluded or, live in hope.

As for pride I've accomplished many things that have given me a great deal of pride. Being able to retire at 38 being one of them.

...38 is quite old for a rent boy.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

My first Hurst disappointment on 16:12 - Sep 3 with 3832 viewsFrimleyBlue

My first Hurst disappointment on 15:36 - Sep 3 by Superfrans

He has still won more matches than you or anyone else on here.

No. None us have at this level including Hurst

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

My first Hurst disappointment on 11:27 - Sep 4 with 3664 viewsKeaneish

My first Hurst disappointment on 13:21 - Sep 3 by PositivelyPortman

Its a football forum where we discuss football. What else were you expecting after the game other than an evaluation? I'm a huge Hurst fan already. No mention of being better than Hurst, just discussing tactics and potential opportunities missed.

Besides, a LITTLE Guardiola would be tiny...

My first Hurst disappointment on 11:39 - Sep 4 with 3643 viewsWestover

My first Hurst disappointment on 15:49 - Sep 3 by Currie10

The Graham decision I think is lost on most people.

Zero logic to it, hardly played the past 5 years - signed just before the game and rewarded with 81 minutes when unlikely to be fit.

Very strange decision.

Agree I can't understand how he could play him maybe he thought Graham was a better shout than Sears or Ward who have done nothing but why not give Rowe his chance?.

I was replying to Currie10 post don't know what's happened 😱
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 11:48]
My first Hurst disappointment on 12:24 - Sep 4 with 3576 viewsKeaneish

My first Hurst disappointment on 11:39 - Sep 4 by Westover

Agree I can't understand how he could play him maybe he thought Graham was a better shout than Sears or Ward who have done nothing but why not give Rowe his chance?.

I was replying to Currie10 post don't know what's happened 😱
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 11:48]

What's Rowe's left foot like? He's predominantly right-footed isn't he? I like what i've seen of Rowe. Can't say the same for Graham. And what about Roberts!?

You must be the only Norwich fan.... on 16:50 - Sep 4 with 3467 viewsSwn98

You must be the only Norwich fan.... on 15:41 - Sep 3 by Weird_Beard

I don't call retiring at 38 a major achievement.
My first Hurst disappointment on 17:02 - Sep 4 with 3429 viewsMullet

My first Hurst disappointment on 12:24 - Sep 4 by Keaneish

What's Rowe's left foot like? He's predominantly right-footed isn't he? I like what i've seen of Rowe. Can't say the same for Graham. And what about Roberts!?

Competent, but he is right footed and favours it heavily.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

My first Hurst disappointment on 17:02 - Sep 4 with 3428 viewsGooders7592

I was hoping we'd have packed the midfield after we scored. Really negative but I thought if we got control of the ball we'd have held on and won. Jon Nolan is a brilliant player, but he's far too ill disciplined in terms of positional sense as a two in midfield. I was hoping we'd bring on Edun for Jackson/Walters and play Nolan as a 1 behind the striker.

People slagging Graham off saying he's rubbish etc is very harsh. It was clear he wasn't fit at all and shouldn't have played more than 20/25 minutes max. Him and Edwards when both match fit will be very good options out wide and both starters in my opinion.

Ultimately I think the biggest disappointment is I don't think we will face a worse Norwich team/performance again for a while, and we've missed a very big chance to beat them.
My first Hurst disappointment on 17:26 - Sep 4 with 3354 viewsitfcjoe

My first Hurst disappointment on 12:24 - Sep 4 by Keaneish

Rowe is left footed

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

My first Hurst disappointment on 17:30 - Sep 4 with 3343 viewsMullet

My first Hurst disappointment on 17:26 - Sep 4 by itfcjoe

Rowe is left footed

Could've sworn blind he was right footed after that Forest game.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024