Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My thoughts on yesterday.... 08:12 - Sep 3 with 636 viewsReuser_is_God

The team selection was bit of a shock however I feel Hurst deserves some credit as those that came in with question marks about them (Gerken & Spence) performed well. Bart has made mistakes so I guess his dropping should come as no real surprise but Donaciean can feel hard done by as he's got better with each game he's played. Perhaps Spence has been awesome in training & that combined with the 5 loanee rule is why Hurst made that call.

Pennington was superb, so assured on the ball & didn't put a foot wrong all game. I was sceptical after seeing him a few times for Leeds last year but he'll be absolutely fine if he plays like that.

Chambers & Knudsen were their usual selves.

Skuse was excellent before his injury, let's hope it's not anything serious & he's back in a fortnight. Chalobah also done well when he came on, showed good character after last weeks disappointment. Nolan was poor, as was Graham although he did take some half decent corners.

Gwion is a proper winger isn't he? Doesn't always come off but when it does it's brilliant. Our biggest threat by some distance right now.

Walters showed exactly why we signed him, think he'll prove to be a very astute acquisition by Hurst. I thought Jackson done okay in terms of occupying their centre halves & keeping them honest. Let's hope he get's a goal soon & he can grow in confidence I feel.

In truth it wasn't a great game; we were average & Norwich a tad below that with the draw probably the correct result but that doesn't escape that fact it was a massive missed opportunity for us to end both the hoodoos currently hanging over us.

Hull & Chris Martin in a fortnight followed by 2 home games in 4 days against 2 sides that have started well but are beatable; I'll go for 6 points from those 3 games.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

My thoughts on yesterday.... on 09:28 - Sep 3 with 517 viewsdavblue

Walters was fantastic yesterday, the know how, way he disrupts players also.

What's most promising is that Hurst has seen an issue and addressed it. He's exactly what we have been after, Mick i don't think addressed areas that needed addressing and we just signed stop gaps on the whole. Hopefully we will sign players where we need to and build something up. I saw someone on here saying they would preferred Garner to be here, but Garner isn't and hasn't been at that level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024