Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rhodes on Chambers 10:55 - Sep 3 with 4671 viewsNthQldITFC

At the time it looked like a clash of heads, but just looking at the highlights for the first time, you can see that Rhodes led with the elbow into Chambers' gnashers. Not saying it was intentional, but doubling over and looking like he might be injured himself might have saved his bacon there. Happens all the time I know, but had that been the other way round with the way things have gone recently could have been our third red in three.

Whinge over.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:01 - Sep 3 with 4591 viewsStourbridgeblue

How hard must Chambo's head be? ;-)

Poll: What do you want on Sunday?

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:04 - Sep 3 with 4546 viewsBluJu

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:01 - Sep 3 by Stourbridgeblue

How hard must Chambo's head be? ;-)

Thankfully Rhodes has the rare condition Cubitum Dunlopis [Rubber Elbow].
Rhodes on Chambers on 11:08 - Sep 3 with 4520 viewsPhilTWTD

Rhodes dislocated his finger in that incident. Agree, another referee might have seen it as leading with the elbow though.
Rhodes on Chambers on 11:12 - Sep 3 with 4458 viewsGeoffSentence

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:08 - Sep 3 by PhilTWTD

Rhodes dislocated his finger in that incident. Agree, another referee might have seen it as leading with the elbow though.

Either of those cockwits we had for Villa and Sheffield Wednesday would have.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:16 - Sep 3 with 4408 viewsRamRob

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:12 - Sep 3 by GeoffSentence

Either of those cockwits we had for Villa and Sheffield Wednesday would have.

Nah, they would've sent Chambers off for headbutting his hand

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:20 - Sep 3 with 4366 viewsitfc48

There was also an incident with Hanley and Jackson in the first half. It looked like as Jackson was falling on top of him, Hanley had a little kick out.
Rhodes on Chambers on 11:21 - Sep 3 with 4348 viewsNthQldITFC

I wonder how he dislocated his finger? Elbowing someone in the teeth is bad enough, I hope there wasn't a John Hopoate style 'unsportsmanlike interference' going on there too. You might need to be a follower of Australian rugby league to get that reference.

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:28 - Sep 3 with 4276 viewshype313

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:21 - Sep 3 by NthQldITFC

I wonder how he dislocated his finger? Elbowing someone in the teeth is bad enough, I hope there wasn't a John Hopoate style 'unsportsmanlike interference' going on there too. You might need to be a follower of Australian rugby league to get that reference.

Ha, I'm a Manly fan and was living out there at the time, couldn't believe what I witnessed!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:37 - Sep 3 with 4217 viewsgroovyASH

I notice nobody has mentioned Jackson leaving his studs in on their defender's head in the first half!

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:37 - Sep 3 with 4209 viewsGarv

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:37 - Sep 3 by groovyASH

I notice nobody has mentioned Jackson leaving his studs in on their defender's head in the first half!

That's different.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:38 - Sep 3 with 4204 viewsITFC_Forever

I thought he was having his chipped finger-nail fixed.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:42 - Sep 3 with 4174 viewsSitfcB

Accidents happen

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Rhodes on Chambers on 12:41 - Sep 3 with 3968 viewsBasuco

Rhodes on Chambers on 11:20 - Sep 3 by itfc48

There was also an incident with Hanley and Jackson in the first half. It looked like as Jackson was falling on top of him, Hanley had a little kick out.

JW's socks were ripped in two places on both legs and GE had holes ripped in both of his, obviously made by studs up challenges but went unpunished, I thought the ref was quite good and made a few strange decisions for and against both teams, so in my view he equalled things out in the main.
Rhodes on Chambers on 12:43 - Sep 3 with 3938 viewsJon_456

Rhodes on Chambers on 12:41 - Sep 3 by Basuco

JW's socks were ripped in two places on both legs and GE had holes ripped in both of his, obviously made by studs up challenges but went unpunished, I thought the ref was quite good and made a few strange decisions for and against both teams, so in my view he equalled things out in the main.

I think the holes in socks are cut pre game to help circulation in the calf muscles.

See Kyle walker/Danny rose as an example.
Rhodes on Chambers on 12:49 - Sep 3 with 3891 viewsNthQldITFC

Rhodes on Chambers on 12:43 - Sep 3 by Jon_456

I think the holes in socks are cut pre game to help circulation in the calf muscles.

My pants are full of holes, but it doesn't seem to help with 'circulation' of that which is contained therein. Strange really.

Rhodes on Chambers on 12:54 - Sep 3 with 3856 viewsBasuco

Rhodes on Chambers on 12:43 - Sep 3 by Jon_456

I don't think this was the case as JW was looking at the holes and rubbing his leg where it was near the end of the game, Gwoin had a big hole on the inside of his ankle so it looked to me as not intentional, we will see if they are there next game.
Rhodes on Chambers on 13:11 - Sep 3 with 3773 viewsJasper

Wasn't there also a nasty challenge on Nolan that only resulted in a yellow card at the start of the second half? At the time I thought it could have been a red (especially if it had been the other way round), but that could have been a heat of the derby reaction. Anyone see it watching on Sky?
Rhodes on Chambers on 15:08 - Sep 3 with 3539 viewsbritbiker

Rhodes on Chambers on 12:49 - Sep 3 by NthQldITFC

My pants are full of holes, but it doesn't seem to help with 'circulation' of that which is contained therein. Strange really.

Small holes?
Rhodes on Chambers on 15:13 - Sep 3 with 3511 viewsbritbiker

I was a bit confused with the Skuse injury. I thought at the time that it was a bad leg injury. Then the stated he was walking around ok. Guess they were securing his neck in case of a head injury.
Rhodes on Chambers on 15:54 - Sep 3 with 3422 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I thought Chambers had his arm round him to start with. Very much a case of six of one half a dozen of the other. I suspect Chambers had hold of his finger when his arm swung or he dislocated it as he fell.

Another day we could have got a few decisions but I think the referee was actually very good and got all the decisions I could see correct.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rhodes on Chambers on 15:59 - Sep 3 with 3402 viewsMullet

I did. Hanley grabbed his shirt and pulled him down. Was just luck that KJ stood on him as he fell. Hence Hanley didn't react.

Also Rhodes clearly led with his elbow, whether it was dirty or he's just sh1t in the air I dunno.

Did notice a Budgie hack crying about the ref being lenient which made me laugh given the Godfrey tackle etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Rhodes on Chambers on 16:01 - Sep 3 with 3378 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Rhodes on Chambers on 15:59 - Sep 3 by Mullet

I did. Hanley grabbed his shirt and pulled him down. Was just luck that KJ stood on him as he fell. Hence Hanley didn't react.

Also Rhodes clearly led with his elbow, whether it was dirty or he's just sh1t in the air I dunno.

Did notice a Budgie hack crying about the ref being lenient which made me laugh given the Godfrey tackle etc.

If we had swapped yesterday's ref for the one that sent Nsiala off that would have been a straight red for sure.

However, I think yesterday's ref was spot on with pretty much every decision.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rhodes on Chambers on 16:06 - Sep 3 with 3363 viewsHalf_Idiot

Hanley had pulled him down and kicked out at him. Jackson feet fell where they fell, fortunately it was on his head
Rhodes on Chambers on 16:46 - Sep 3 with 3273 viewsitfctim

He had a full compliment of studs in his boots after that challenge, unfortunately.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024