Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil 13:24 - Sep 3 with 5492 viewsBlueRaider

Hi Phil, do you have any idea what the timescale is for this ?

It will be good to be able to pick a team without the loan restriction affecting us

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 19:52 - Sep 3 with 657 viewsfooters

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 19:47 - Sep 3 by braveblue

So you want to pay for it?

We already pay the wages of those working in immigration services, there is no need for extra cost to individuals.

If you voted Brexit will you pay for the loss in earnings that has affected my business since the vote due to the pound's massive devaluation? Cheque in the post, please.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 20:25 - Sep 3 with 637 viewsKievthegreat

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:38 - Sep 3 by footers

The EU isn't going to lose a lot of key workers post-Brexit, we are. That comes at a cost.

Even if we agree that a minimal processing fee should be paid, I still think it causes unnecessary friction for people who had no choice in the matter and whose livelihoods are at risk because of the decision. Tensions are high enough in this country without an extra level of aggro. The cost would be minimal compared to that sense of detachment imo.

What the EU does is its own business and they were always likely to play hardball. Liam Fox said that it would be the easiest deal ever done FFS! Playing like this with people's lives is unnecessary and both sides should have acted far faster in their guarantees to citizens, and for me, that process should be without cost.

But I don't really want to hijack a thread about Donacien!

The costs they charge non-EU is obscene. My colleague is an Engineer (of which we have a shortage) who was born in Vietnam, but studied in England and has worked here ever since. When he needs to extend his visa it costs him around £1500. If he wants to move job, even within the timeframe of his visa he'd have to pay that again. The best thing though is apparently there is no guarantee of being accepted and if rejected they'll keep the money, but let him apply again (nice little earner). Luckily he'll soon be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain although that will again cost him money with no guarantee of acceptance.

That's not to add the Byzantine processes, rules and pickiness they put people through. I dread to think who the hell they'll cope with the approx. 3.5 million EU citizens (excluding Ireland) who will all need to register and get work permits/official documentation.
Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 22:02 - Sep 3 with 606 viewsacj

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 14:10 - Sep 3 by factual_blue

Although presumably he & Bart and Knudsen will have to leave the country on 30 March next year.

Don't see what Brexit has to do with Donacien's immigration status. Fairly sure St. Lucia isn't in the EU.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 22:03]

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 22:13 - Sep 3 with 595 viewsm14_blue

Donacien's work permit - Question for Phil on 16:29 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

Perhaps they can also just knock the cost of my renewed passport considering my previous and continued contributions to the exchequer? No?

I really don't see the gripe here. The UK has unilaterally guaranteed EU citizens settled status in the UK. You talk about goodwill yet there has been no such guarantee to UK citizens living in the EU.

There is obviously an administrative cost to the settled status process. What school or hospital budget would you like to take this money from?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 16:30]

Could we take it from the DUP bribe budget?

Remember, there is a magic money tree when the tories really, really need one.

Although I'm playing devil's advocate really, so don't have a major problem with people being asked to pay a reasonable fee for guaranteed, official, settled status.

Such a shame that it's come to this though, no one will win from this whole fiasco. Or no normal people anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024