Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. 11:26 - Sep 4 with 5538 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

16 in total, 9 have gone in...

Foundations are there just need to sort set pieces out

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 21:07 - Sep 4 with 4932 viewsbritbiker

I can only give my opinion on home games as I have not done an away journey yet.

I don't remember anyone having many proper shots on our goal this season, however for the past few years we seem to stop the opposition from shooting for ages but the first real shot seems to end up in the net.

I know stats can be misleading but they show that we had 18 shots against Norwich with six on target. Had I not been at the game I would have thought that we had been banging them in but it seemed more like a midfield local derby struggle in reality. Still enjoyable though.
An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 21:10 - Sep 4 with 4917 viewsSuperblue95

Didn't we score something like 7 goals from our first ten shots last season? Just appears like Lady Luck has turned against us this time round

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 21:11 - Sep 4 with 4916 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yes, what I have seen we have generally looked solid without creating too much (we seemed to create more on Sunday). Then we have collectively switched off for a moment and conceded. Most goals have been down to 2 or 3 players not quite doing the right thing which seems strange when generally it has been reasonably solid.

Certainly I feel there are promising signs.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 09:00 - Sep 5 with 4754 viewsBrixtonBlue

I think from watching the game on Sunday (rather than looking at any official stats) Norwich's first shot on target was on 65 mins. Then they scored with their second on 70.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 09:06 - Sep 5 with 4739 viewsitfcjoe

We must be one of the lowest with regards to having shots on target too - I can't remember any opposition keeper making a good save against us yet

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 09:11 - Sep 5 with 4719 viewsGlasgowBlue

That suggests that the defence has been doing its job but the goalie hasn’t.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 09:14 - Sep 5 with 4702 viewsSamWhiteUK

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 09:06 - Sep 5 by itfcjoe

We must be one of the lowest with regards to having shots on target too - I can't remember any opposition keeper making a good save against us yet

We certainly are - second lowest. Bit better than that when looking at conversion rate
An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 09:32 - Sep 5 with 4669 viewsmo_itfc

So we've played 6 games, we've only saved 5 shots on target. Which means there is at least 1 game where the goalie was totally useless!

No wonder Gerken has been given a chance.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Login to get fewer ads

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 09:34 - Sep 5 with 4665 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 09:06 - Sep 5 by itfcjoe

During the Millwall v Swansea game they had a stat showing that both teams were in the bottom 6 for shots on target. The five teams above us were something like 19, 18, 18, 17 and 17. We were bottom on 12.

Admittedly at that stage Millwall and Swansea, like us had played a game less, but it showed how far behind we were. From the shots on target against Norwich we will now be off the bottom and presumably in the middle - bottom third, so if anything it shows what we all know, that we've struggled to create chances.

It also shows that the changes Hurst made on Sunday were spot on in the sense that we created as much in that game as we had done in the five previous combined almost.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 13:02 - Sep 5 with 4544 viewsFrimleyBlue

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 09:34 - Sep 5 by WarkTheWarkITFC

During the Millwall v Swansea game they had a stat showing that both teams were in the bottom 6 for shots on target. The five teams above us were something like 19, 18, 18, 17 and 17. We were bottom on 12.

Admittedly at that stage Millwall and Swansea, like us had played a game less, but it showed how far behind we were. From the shots on target against Norwich we will now be off the bottom and presumably in the middle - bottom third, so if anything it shows what we all know, that we've struggled to create chances.

It also shows that the changes Hurst made on Sunday were spot on in the sense that we created as much in that game as we had done in the five previous combined almost.

"It also shows that the changes Hurst made on Sunday were spot on "

And yet we still didn't win

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 13:30 - Sep 5 with 4509 viewschristiand

We are Joe, heard that stat on the radio before the derby on Sunday. In fact, we are the lowest in the Championship for attempts on target this season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 14:45 - Sep 5 with 4440 viewsm14_blue

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 13:02 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

"It also shows that the changes Hurst made on Sunday were spot on "

And yet we still didn't win

Not like you to focus on the negative mate
An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 14:52 - Sep 5 with 4425 viewsFrimleyBlue

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 13:30 - Sep 5 by christiand

We are Joe, heard that stat on the radio before the derby on Sunday. In fact, we are the lowest in the Championship for attempts on target this season.

Which is exactly the only reason for my stat thread, which strangely you guys are able to discuss, but as soon as I do............ wham it's overly negative...

Waka waka eh eh

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 15:00 - Sep 5 with 4410 viewsm14_blue

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 14:52 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

Which is exactly the only reason for my stat thread, which strangely you guys are able to discuss, but as soon as I do............ wham it's overly negative...

You must see that your posts lack balance though? And are overwhelmingly negative?

Hurst clearly has it all to prove and hasn't started well at all but there's no need to make it even worse than it is.
An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 15:01 - Sep 5 with 4406 viewsFrimleyBlue

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 15:00 - Sep 5 by m14_blue

You must see that your posts lack balance though? And are overwhelmingly negative?

Hurst clearly has it all to prove and hasn't started well at all but there's no need to make it even worse than it is.

How so, they're all saying the same thing

I've just posted links to the stats.

Not sure how having an opinion that 4 shots on target is a low figure, is being overly negative. it's just factual information.

Waka waka eh eh

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 15:05 - Sep 5 with 4398 viewsm14_blue

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 15:01 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

How so, they're all saying the same thing

I've just posted links to the stats.

Not sure how having an opinion that 4 shots on target is a low figure, is being overly negative. it's just factual information.

You don't think you've been negative about Town since Hurst took over?
An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 15:09 - Sep 5 with 4388 viewsFrimleyBlue

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 15:05 - Sep 5 by m14_blue

You don't think you've been negative about Town since Hurst took over?

Didn't say that.

Waka waka eh eh

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 21:29 - Sep 5 with 4255 viewspointofblue

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 13:30 - Sep 5 by christiand

And yet in terms of attempts on goal (on and off target) we've had the joint seventh highest in the division alongside Sheffield United with 77. Swansea in comparison have only had 57 but have managed two more shots on target than us.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 2:02]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 08:18 - Sep 6 with 4106 viewstextbackup

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 09:11 - Sep 5 by GlasgowBlue

That suggests that the defence has been doing its job but the goalie hasn’t.

DEANO DEANO

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 08:27 - Sep 6 with 4095 viewsCurrie10

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 15:09 - Sep 5 by FrimleyBlue

Didn't say that.

Depends who says what on this forum. You talk a lot of sense.
An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 08:50 - Sep 6 with 4084 viewsCurrie10

Very good at defending open play.

Agree, if we tighten up set pieces crikey - defensively we could be Milan 95/96 with Maldini/Baresi/Costa Curta/Panucci.

Other end of the pitch however, alarming and that will take longer to fix.

Perhaps the international break will allow certain players to get fit, come back charging.
An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 09:16 - Sep 6 with 4059 viewsGeoffSentence

Might it be that we haven't played anyone very good yet.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 10:08 - Sep 6 with 4039 viewsm14_blue

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 09:16 - Sep 6 by GeoffSentence

Might it be that we haven't played anyone very good yet.

Everyone was talking about our incredibly tough run of games a few weeks ago.
An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 10:29 - Sep 6 with 4023 viewsGeoffSentence

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 10:08 - Sep 6 by m14_blue

Everyone was talking about our incredibly tough run of games a few weeks ago.

Of the teams we have played, only Derby are currently in the top 10, and if they hadn't beaten us, they wouldn't be. So whatever people might have thought at the beginning of the season, it turns out that none of the teams we have played have had a particularly fearsome start. Which is worrying.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 10:42 - Sep 6 with 4018 viewsm14_blue

An amazing stat is we have conceded the least shots on target in the league. on 10:29 - Sep 6 by GeoffSentence

Of the teams we have played, only Derby are currently in the top 10, and if they hadn't beaten us, they wouldn't be. So whatever people might have thought at the beginning of the season, it turns out that none of the teams we have played have had a particularly fearsome start. Which is worrying.

It's a fair point.

None of the are near the bottom either though (although admittedly that's partly because most of them have beaten us...)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024