Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cisco 3702 AP quality? 13:20 - Sep 4 with 1665 viewsRIPbobby

Hi guys. My wireless routers 5ghz coverage is pretty naff. I have the option to get a cisco 3602i or 3702i for a small amount of money. Will their normal high price be reflected in how much better the 5ghz coverage is or is it not worth it.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 15:12 - Sep 4 with 1624 viewsMJallday

5ghz signal can be dodgy in radio opaque areas, have you considered using a scanner app (plenty free) to check for dead areas? chances are even swapping to something else you might have the same issue and get packet loss irrespective of the router.

i have the same issue with my BT HH5... 5ghz upstairs in our office is rubbish , so personally, i stick to 2.4ghz for my xbox 1 x... provides a more stable signal albeit at a lower bandwith - but its still 54mpbs - which is more than enough for most applications) - but on the top floor of my house, 5ghz is fine..

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 16:35 - Sep 4 with 1598 viewsRIPbobby

Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 15:12 - Sep 4 by MJallday

5ghz signal can be dodgy in radio opaque areas, have you considered using a scanner app (plenty free) to check for dead areas? chances are even swapping to something else you might have the same issue and get packet loss irrespective of the router.

i have the same issue with my BT HH5... 5ghz upstairs in our office is rubbish , so personally, i stick to 2.4ghz for my xbox 1 x... provides a more stable signal albeit at a lower bandwith - but its still 54mpbs - which is more than enough for most applications) - but on the top floor of my house, 5ghz is fine..

Thanks for the reply and I concur with what you are saying. I was hoping someone who has installed a 7302i would confirm if they are as good as their price suggests. In all fairness I am only going to pay 75 for it so I cant really lose I guess.
Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 12:45 - Sep 5 with 1547 viewsRIPbobby

Bump hoping someone in the know is. Online.
Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 21:09 - Sep 5 with 1511 viewscooperd5

Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 12:45 - Sep 5 by RIPbobby

Bump hoping someone in the know is. Online.

3702 is a quality AP and 5Ghz should be as good as anything. 2.4 goes further but 5Ghz can offer higher bandwidth.
Watch you don't get a CAPWAP model, that will need a controller to work unless you convert to autonomous mode (easy enough with the right software image)
You can check by the model code
Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 07:17 - Sep 6 with 1481 viewsNo9

Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 15:12 - Sep 4 by MJallday

I have a question about wi fi relative to health issues; do you, or anyone you know have any ifo on whether or not all these radio waves = wi fi, bluetooth etc. & their differing frequencies , have any problems that may be detrimental to health particularly young children in their formative years?
Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 08:13 - Sep 6 with 1470 viewsBurwell_Blue

Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 16:35 - Sep 4 by RIPbobby

Thanks for the reply and I concur with what you are saying. I was hoping someone who has installed a 7302i would confirm if they are as good as their price suggests. In all fairness I am only going to pay 75 for it so I cant really lose I guess.

£75? There are some on Ebay for £35 last time I looked.

You would be better off swapping your Router for a Draytek to provide more coverage.
Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 08:22 - Sep 6 with 1466 viewshype313

Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 07:17 - Sep 6 by No9

I have a question about wi fi relative to health issues; do you, or anyone you know have any ifo on whether or not all these radio waves = wi fi, bluetooth etc. & their differing frequencies , have any problems that may be detrimental to health particularly young children in their formative years?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/mother-tongue/11599311/Wi-Fi-is-not-harming-ou

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 08:26 - Sep 6 with 1462 viewsBurwell_Blue

Cisco 3702 AP quality? on 07:17 - Sep 6 by No9

Yes. 100%

I have no doubt that wifi will be proven to cause lots of issues in the future so I have no wifi in my home, everything is connect via Ethernet, which provides faster speeds anyhow.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 12:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024