Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Rachael Bland (40) 11:02 - Sep 5 with 1142 viewsITFC_Forever

Having lost my brother last year to the same (wider) disease, and he was the same age as her, I can only feel for her family and friends.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

RIP Rachael Bland (40) on 11:06 - Sep 5 with 1103 viewsm14_blue

Awful news, leaves behind a young son too.

Incredibly brave lady and an inspiration with how she has dealt with her illness and diagnosis. The world is a slightly worse place this morning.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 11:09]
RIP Rachael Bland (40) on 11:11 - Sep 5 with 1075 viewsxrayspecs

Very sad news.

Her legacy will include how though her podcast she has helped to reduce the stigma around cancer and show how those with the disease can live life to the full.

RIP
RIP Rachael Bland (40) on 11:13 - Sep 5 with 1064 viewsDanTheMan

My dad was around that age when he died of cancer.

The little book she was trying to write for her child will be invaluable. I wish I had something like that. Lots of stuff I'd like to know now as an adult that I didn't get to ask as I was far too young to ask him.

I do sometimes wonder if anyone off here knew him.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

RIP Rachael Bland (40) on 11:35 - Sep 5 with 995 viewsRyorry

RIP Rachael Bland (40) on 11:11 - Sep 5 by xrayspecs

Very sad news.

Her legacy will include how though her podcast she has helped to reduce the stigma around cancer and show how those with the disease can live life to the full.

RIP

You could hear the Radio 5live team struggling to keep it together as they read out the news, and followed up with a feature tribute to her. Wonderful person by all accounts. I only knew her from her broadcasts, but R.I.P Rachel.

One thing I don't understand - what is the stigma around cancer? My Dad & bro both died from it, and I/close family never came across any stigma in connection with it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

RIP Rachael Bland (40) on 11:43 - Sep 5 with 968 viewsBluebell

RIP Rachael Bland (40) on 11:13 - Sep 5 by DanTheMan

My dad was around that age when he died of cancer.

The little book she was trying to write for her child will be invaluable. I wish I had something like that. Lots of stuff I'd like to know now as an adult that I didn't get to ask as I was far too young to ask him.

I do sometimes wonder if anyone off here knew him.

Incredibly brave woman.

She has brought birthday presents for her son until he is 18 and is leaving things with her scent on so he can remember her smell.

What a wonderful thing to do. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for her.

RIP Rachel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024