Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Hull.... 12:44 - Sep 5 with 1548 viewsITFCBlues

I know it’s early still with over a week until the next game. But the team I’d go for & expect in some ways would be

Gerken

Knudsen Chambers Pennington Donacien

Skuse

Graham Nolan Huws Edwards

Walters

I’d like to see Bart return as he’s clearly the better keeper — although I can’t see that happening. Is Huws fit? I guess we shall see — but I think he should be. You’d think that both Huws/Bishop not featuring in the U23 game on Monday would probably have been with a view that they’re joining in with the first team training this week fully which wouldn’t of happened had they played Monday. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re doing a mini pre-season this week with perhaps more work on shape etc next week. I can see Huws playing some part in that game — how much remains to be seen. Skuse I suspect will be OK after the 2 weeks break.

Did Graham do enough Sunday to warrant another start? Probably not — but we’re not really littered with all that many options on the left & he might be better after the two weeks training with the rest of the squad. Rowe has been very good for the U23’s — but will he play? Can’t see that happening. Walters I suspect will start up front. Jackson did OK Sunday but think we’ll opt for more experience. Unless Walters moves to the right and Jackson starts up front with Edwards on the left? He played that role for Posh.

The other main question would be do we revert back to the 4-1-4-1 formation? I’d like to think so myself. PH should try and stick to his principals. I can see why he changed things Sunday and went more direct, especially 2nd half with Godfrey at CB & It worked to some degree. But I’d like to think that with a couple of weeks on the training ground we’d have a good chance to work on things and might see an improvement with what we were trying to implement initially.

Will certainly be very interesting to see what happens for that game. I can’t wait myself! These International breaks just get in the way of things although will of hopefully come at a good time for us!

[Post edited 5 Sep 2018 12:45]

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Team for Hull.... on 12:55 - Sep 5 with 1498 viewsSuperblue95

You want Knudsen at right back and Donacien at left back? Surely that's very unnecessary meddling

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Team for Hull.... on 12:58 - Sep 5 with 1488 viewsPJH

Team for Hull.... on 12:55 - Sep 5 by Superblue95

You want Knudsen at right back and Donacien at left back? Surely that's very unnecessary meddling

Might have typed it in a mirror.
Team for Hull.... on 13:03 - Sep 5 with 1474 viewsITFCBlues

Team for Hull.... on 12:55 - Sep 5 by Superblue95

Good point 😆

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Team for Hull.... on 13:17 - Sep 5 with 1442 viewsBiGDonnie

Reserve keeper
League 1 player Prem loanee Chambo Knudsen
Prem Loanee Skuse
League 1 player
Walters League 2 striker League 1 winger

Something like that........

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Team for Hull.... on 13:32 - Sep 5 with 1411 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't see how we can drop Jackson and Harrison for Walters.

I think we have to start Jackson up front and put Walters on the right so we can then swap them round mid game if we need to. I don't see how we can just drop them both for a 34 year old loanee who is here until January.

We already seem to be backed into corners with our line up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Team for Hull.... on 13:38 - Sep 5 with 1391 viewsbluewein

Team for Hull.... on 13:32 - Sep 5 by J2BLUE

I don't see how we can drop Jackson and Harrison for Walters.

I think we have to start Jackson up front and put Walters on the right so we can then swap them round mid game if we need to. I don't see how we can just drop them both for a 34 year old loanee who is here until January.

We already seem to be backed into corners with our line up.

I don't think it would be fair on Jackson to drop him after the Norwich game. Thought he was one of our better players, linked up really well with Edwards...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Team for Hull.... on 13:41 - Sep 5 with 1379 viewsskyblue23

Team for Hull.... on 13:17 - Sep 5 by BiGDonnie

Reserve keeper
League 1 player Prem loanee Chambo Knudsen
Prem Loanee Skuse
League 1 player
Walters League 2 striker League 1 winger

Something like that........

I think you'll find they are all Championship players currently as they're contracted to Ipswich Town Football Club who play in the Championship. Not too difficult to grasp.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Team for Hull.... on 13:53 - Sep 5 with 1334 viewsYallop

Edun has to start for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Hull.... on 14:15 - Sep 5 with 1287 viewsOsborneOneNil

Team for Hull.... on 13:38 - Sep 5 by bluewein

I don't think it would be fair on Jackson to drop him after the Norwich game. Thought he was one of our better players, linked up really well with Edwards...

Totally agree, I thought he was decent.
Team for Hull.... on 14:29 - Sep 5 with 1261 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

On the evidence of Sunday. Graham should be nowhere near the team yet.

Gerken
Donacien Chambers Pennington Knudsen
Chalobah
Nolan Huws
Edwards Walters Harrison

Bialkowski Spence Skuse Downes Edun Rowe Jackson

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024