Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just reading about Keane's latest fallout 08:18 - Sep 6 with 5154 viewshype313

Harry Arter has refused to join up whilst he is in charge.

A couple of comments I saw below made me laugh but also got me thinking.

"Done very well at Sunderland" You could argue otherwise

"Are Ipswich any better now than when he left?" Initially you laugh at that statement, but in the cold light of day, are we?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:21 - Sep 6 with 3151 viewsBlueBadger

Well, we're not in League One, which was where we were headed had he stayed on.
Although the pressers are terribly dull now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:24 - Sep 6 with 3137 viewshype313

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:21 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

Well, we're not in League One, which was where we were headed had he stayed on.
Although the pressers are terribly dull now.

Not guaranteed and you could argue we on the same track now.

I'm no Keane fan by any stretch and gladly saw the back of him, but as I say, in the cold light of day, are we far better off since he left? I'm talking about on the pitch, not in and around the club.

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:26 - Sep 6 with 3123 viewsNo9

"Are Ipswich any better now than when he left?" Initially you laugh at that statement, but in the cold light of day, are we?

A very bif YES = he is no longer involved with ITFC thatcan only be +
Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:30 - Sep 6 with 3093 viewsHerbivore

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:24 - Sep 6 by hype313

I'm no Keane fan by any stretch and gladly saw the back of him, but as I say, in the cold light of day, are we far better off since he left? I'm talking about on the pitch, not in and around the club.

We've managed 4 top half finishes in the last 5 seasons including making the play offs on one occasion. We haven't been massively underachieving and playing turgid football with one of the most expensively assembled squads in the league and indeed in our whole history. So yes, I'd say we're better off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:32 - Sep 6 with 3087 viewsNo9

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:24 - Sep 6 by hype313

"I'm no Keane fan by any stretch and gladly saw the back of him, but as I say, in the cold light of day, are we far better off since he left? I'm talking about on the pitch, not in and around the club."

That is nothing to do with RK but a lot to do with who selected the personnel who followed him.

He left a very poor squad which has been re-built several times = nothing to do with RK
Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:36 - Sep 6 with 3067 viewstractorshark

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:32 - Sep 6 by No9

"I'm no Keane fan by any stretch and gladly saw the back of him, but as I say, in the cold light of day, are we far better off since he left? I'm talking about on the pitch, not in and around the club."

That is nothing to do with RK but a lot to do with who selected the personnel who followed him.

He left a very poor squad which has been re-built several times = nothing to do with RK

He was hindered by clueless Clegg but he did pay £1.8m for Tamas Priskin.
That’s not something to put on your cv.
Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:39 - Sep 6 with 3053 viewsNo9

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:36 - Sep 6 by tractorshark

He was hindered by clueless Clegg but he did pay £1.8m for Tamas Priskin.
That’s not something to put on your cv.

Priskin wasn't the only mistake was he?
& to be fair to TP he had played OK elsewhere
Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:43 - Sep 6 with 3035 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:32 - Sep 6 by No9

Keane was very poor as a manger but to say he left a poor squad is utter nonsense. Fulop, McAuley, Delaney, Leadbitter and Wickham went on to play in the Premier League. Those around them, Edwards, Smith, Norris, Hourihane, Martin, Scotland and Priskin would all walk into our team now.

Mick Mac would have had that team promoted.

Keane had many failings, but the squad he left wasn’t one of them.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 8:43]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:45 - Sep 6 with 3018 viewshype313

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:43 - Sep 6 by GlasgowBlue

Keane was very poor as a manger but to say he left a poor squad is utter nonsense. Fulop, McAuley, Delaney, Leadbitter and Wickham went on to play in the Premier League. Those around them, Edwards, Smith, Norris, Hourihane, Martin, Scotland and Priskin would all walk into our team now.

Agree on the whole, but I wouldn't say Martin and Priskin would walk into our team now.

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:46 - Sep 6 with 3008 viewsBluefish

That is like a cowboy builder coming along to build an extension and knocking your whole house down and contaminating the land. You then sack him and employ a proper builder who sets to work clearing the rubble, decontaminating and laying foundations. You can't then accuse him at that point as being the same as the cowboy because you haven't got a house yet.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:48 - Sep 6 with 2994 viewsNo9

The quality of the players you name is subjective.
Delaney? Leadbitter?
You think Scotland & Martin would get in the squad now?
Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:48 - Sep 6 with 2994 viewsHerbivore

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:45 - Sep 6 by hype313

Agree on the whole, but I wouldn't say Martin and Priskin would walk into our team now.

Or Edwards or Smith or that version of Hourihane. Not sure Norris would walk in either. Aside from that he's spot on.

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:48 - Sep 6 with 2988 viewsBluefish

How is your leg mate? Did they check you for concussion while you were there? Might be worth popping back in

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:49 - Sep 6 with 2985 viewshype313

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:48 - Sep 6 by No9

The quality of the players you name is subjective.
Delaney? Leadbitter?
You think Scotland & Martin would get in the squad now?

Delaney for us wasn't great but you can't argue he didn't go onto better things and surprised all of us Town fans.

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:50 - Sep 6 with 2973 viewstractordownsouth

Keane's squad also lacked creativity by the shed load - any form of pace we had was done away with ( with the exception of perhaps Townsend on loan)

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:51 - Sep 6 with 2967 viewsNo9

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:49 - Sep 6 by hype313

Delaney for us wasn't great but you can't argue he didn't go onto better things and surprised all of us Town fans.

Delaney did better than a lot thought he would but that could be down to a number of factors, not least coaching staff but, the fact is at Town he wasn't much cop.
Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:52 - Sep 6 with 2954 viewsNo9

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:46 - Sep 6 by Bluefish

That is like a cowboy builder coming along to build an extension and knocking your whole house down and contaminating the land. You then sack him and employ a proper builder who sets to work clearing the rubble, decontaminating and laying foundations. You can't then accuse him at that point as being the same as the cowboy because you haven't got a house yet.

Very good analogy
Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:52 - Sep 6 with 2951 viewshype313

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:50 - Sep 6 by tractordownsouth

Keane's squad also lacked creativity by the shed load - any form of pace we had was done away with ( with the exception of perhaps Townsend on loan)

The loss of pace wasn't just down to Keane, neither Jewell or Mick injected much into the squad either, which is why people were happy with the recent signings as it's something we have lacked for a long, long time.

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:52 - Sep 6 with 2958 viewsSteve_M

Compare the financial context of the division in 2011 with the way it is now though. Magilton and Keane had a comparative advantage over the rest of the division and under-preformed. McCarthy had a comparative disadvantage and generally over-performed.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:53 - Sep 6 with 2935 viewsBluefish

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:52 - Sep 6 by Steve_M

Compare the financial context of the division in 2011 with the way it is now though. Magilton and Keane had a comparative advantage over the rest of the division and under-preformed. McCarthy had a comparative disadvantage and generally over-performed.

Any idiot could finish mid table back then

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:53 - Sep 6 with 2926 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:45 - Sep 6 by hype313

Priskin v Harrison or Jackson? Definitely.

He was a good player ruined by two managers in Keane and Jewell. There been a lot of revision regarding Priskin. Useusky bevause the funds used to buy him were raised from selling a Rhodes. He’d done well at Watford and even when we were struggling under Keane Priskin was getting something like seven or eight MOTM votes. I remember at one game he was subbed and the whole of Portman Road booed Keane and sang “you don’t know what you’re doing”

By the tine he left he had given up looking interested and that seems to have stuck in people’s minds. He still gave us our greatest night in the last ten years against Arsenal.

Iron Lion Zion

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:56 - Sep 6 with 2909 viewshype313

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:52 - Sep 6 by Steve_M

Agreed Steve, and their are plenty of caveats you can call on when questioning the time since Keane's reign (Signings/Demeanour/Coaching/Morale etc), however, are we in a far better place positionally and on the pitch since he left?

The simple answer, and one many on here, including myself, won't like to hear is no.

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:58 - Sep 6 with 2884 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:49 - Sep 6 by hype313

Delaney was poor as a left back but Not when he was switched to the centre. Remember when we were heading for relegation in 2011/12 and we had the numerous defensive loanees like Sonko etc? All of them got injured and Jewell was forced to bring back Delaney and Smith after not being played for ages.

We beat West Ham 5-1 and went in a decent run. Lee Martin was also a big part of that run.

Iron Lion Zion

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:59 - Sep 6 with 2877 viewsHerbivore

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:53 - Sep 6 by GlasgowBlue

Priskin v Harrison or Jackson? Definitely.

He was a good player ruined by two managers in Keane and Jewell. There been a lot of revision regarding Priskin. Useusky bevause the funds used to buy him were raised from selling a Rhodes. He’d done well at Watford and even when we were struggling under Keane Priskin was getting something like seven or eight MOTM votes. I remember at one game he was subbed and the whole of Portman Road booed Keane and sang “you don’t know what you’re doing”

By the tine he left he had given up looking interested and that seems to have stuck in people’s minds. He still gave us our greatest night in the last ten years against Arsenal.

Priskin had a good spell at Watford and long stretches of not scoring and being crap. He was not up to much here, I think the revisionism is from you on this one. There's no way he'd walk into our current side.

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 09:00 - Sep 6 with 2877 viewsSteve_M

Just reading about Keane's latest fallout on 08:56 - Sep 6 by hype313

Agreed Steve, and their are plenty of caveats you can call on when questioning the time since Keane's reign (Signings/Demeanour/Coaching/Morale etc), however, are we in a far better place positionally and on the pitch since he left?

The simple answer, and one many on here, including myself, won't like to hear is no.

There is one person who has been a constant at the club over the last decade of course.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024