Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams 08:24 - Sep 6 with 1125 viewsNo9

are not paying what they are supposed toward dealing with gambling addiction

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/sep/05/premier-league-betting-sponsors-

Do gambling institutions have a duty of care to their customers as other vendors do?

Should gambling firms sponsor football OR any sport they make money from?

Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 08:50 - Sep 6 with 1100 viewsgmanrom

I don't think sports like snooker etc have any alternative but to use them as sponsors, football clubs do have a choice tho, especially the tops clubs. Just greed i'm afraid.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 08:53 - Sep 6 with 1095 viewsNo9

Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 08:50 - Sep 6 by gmanrom

I don't think sports like snooker etc have any alternative but to use them as sponsors, football clubs do have a choice tho, especially the tops clubs. Just greed i'm afraid.

& apart from them not honouring their obligatons it does open the door for the sort of problems cricket has had to face
Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 08:55 - Sep 6 with 1089 viewsBasuco

With so many teams sponsored by betting companies and the advertising boards pitch side at games showing an almost constant stream of betting company adverts, I doubt much attention will be given to this claim. Betting companies must make many millions from football betting to make this level of advertising worth while.
Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 09:04 - Sep 6 with 1069 viewsBasuco

Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 08:53 - Sep 6 by No9

& apart from them not honouring their obligatons it does open the door for the sort of problems cricket has had to face

And to the best of my knowledge English football opens itself up to gambling corruption in a big way. I heard a report on the radio a while ago that said one person allocates a referee to a game and it is often the case that referees allow lino's to make very limited decisions, on many occasions the referee will dictate everything on the pitch. We often see at PR a referee overruling a lino when he is in a much worse position that the lino to see what actually happened. This makes it easy for a potential bribe to two officials to influence a game. Apologies if this info is out of date or incorrect now.
Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 09:39 - Sep 6 with 1033 viewsNo9

Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 09:04 - Sep 6 by Basuco

And to the best of my knowledge English football opens itself up to gambling corruption in a big way. I heard a report on the radio a while ago that said one person allocates a referee to a game and it is often the case that referees allow lino's to make very limited decisions, on many occasions the referee will dictate everything on the pitch. We often see at PR a referee overruling a lino when he is in a much worse position that the lino to see what actually happened. This makes it easy for a potential bribe to two officials to influence a game. Apologies if this info is out of date or incorrect now.

I agree with you, I often watch highlights with the thought "who is paying him' because some things that happen a so blatantly wrong they can't be normal errors
Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 09:55 - Sep 6 with 1020 viewsSwansea_Blue

Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 09:04 - Sep 6 by Basuco

I believe that is still the case. It's down to the ref to discuss with linos who will take the lead in certain situations. Some refs ask the linos to follow their lead on anything other than offsides, others are much more hands off and leave calls on thrown ins and free kicks to the lino. I think.

We've a resident ref or two on TWTD who would be able to confirm.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 10:51 - Sep 6 with 998 viewsNo9

Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 09:55 - Sep 6 by Swansea_Blue

I believe that is still the case. It's down to the ref to discuss with linos who will take the lead in certain situations. Some refs ask the linos to follow their lead on anything other than offsides, others are much more hands off and leave calls on thrown ins and free kicks to the lino. I think.

We've a resident ref or two on TWTD who would be able to confirm.

Do you ever get the feeling the TV channels want ref's to make silly errors so as to give the pundits hours of arguing time?
Simon Steven of the NHS claims Gambling firms sponsoring football teams on 11:08 - Sep 6 with 988 viewsjjblue84

Isn’t it the responsibility of the government to educate its people on the ills of gambling, and then these firms would go out of business ?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024