Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? 09:28 - Sep 6 with 30778 viewsReuser_is_God

Abuse certainly but bottles? Give it a rest Mick we ain’t Millwall & you know it.

Shocking that the police made that up really. Was probably just a few lads singing anti McCarthy songs outside the Griffin & they sh1t themselves.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:31 - Sep 6 with 10073 viewsDarth_Koont

Numbskulls gonna numbskull

Pronouns: He/Him

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:45 - Sep 6 with 10031 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We have our element of idiotic fans but if you compiled a list of clubs least likely to do this we'd be up there.

As you've alluded to, it was more likely a few fans standing around with bottles of Bud singing 'Mick McCarthy, Your Football Is Sh*t' and Police or Stewards have decided that this constituted a threat.

We all know had Mick walked past a word would not have even been said to him, even after a few beers. The brave 'lads' signing disgusting songs about him during the game were about 15.

This seems to be an overzealous official has decided something 'might' happen, there's no need to take the 1% chance as there is another exit and it's been turning into a baying mob of fans with smashed bottles ready to maim McCarthy.

Just what we need.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:46 - Sep 6 with 10016 viewschicoazul

There is a good chance that this was the OB over-reacting, as they so often do, and worrying about doing their jobs and possibly getting hurt in the process.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:47 - Sep 6 with 9996 viewsBlueBadger

It's still pretty tragic hanging around just so you can shout abuse at a bloke who's already lost his job, though.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 9:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:49 - Sep 6 with 9976 viewsSteve_M

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:47 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

It's still pretty tragic hanging around just so you can shout abuse at a bloke who's already lost his job, though.

The whole day was tragic.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:50 - Sep 6 with 9977 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:46 - Sep 6 by chicoazul

There is a good chance that this was the OB over-reacting, as they so often do, and worrying about doing their jobs and possibly getting hurt in the process.

Absolutely.

If I was a Police Officer and a load of drunken fans, who had the hump with Mick were all standing around outside one of two entrances, I'd be telling Mick to use the other.

Not because I expected trouble, but why take the slim chance when there is an alternative.

Entirely different from Mick claiming fans were waiting for him with bottles, if fans were actually outside one of the doors drinking from bottles with no suggestion of any trouble.

If McCarthy wants another job and owners are aware of the soured nature of his relationship with his own fans, those fans being made out to be more and more the problem won't do Mick any harm.

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:52 - Sep 6 with 9974 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:47 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

Not sure you've got this right.

Brentford has pubs on every corner. Nobody was hanging around for Mick. They were having a beer after the match.

Mick also hadn't lost his job so nobody was gloating.

It simply sounds like the Police seeing fans who wanted McCarthy out, having a few beers and didn't see the need for the two to mix just in case.

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:54 - Sep 6 with 9955 viewsmonty_radio

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:45 - Sep 6 by WarkTheWarkITFC

We have our element of idiotic fans but if you compiled a list of clubs least likely to do this we'd be up there.

As you've alluded to, it was more likely a few fans standing around with bottles of Bud singing 'Mick McCarthy, Your Football Is Sh*t' and Police or Stewards have decided that this constituted a threat.

We all know had Mick walked past a word would not have even been said to him, even after a few beers. The brave 'lads' signing disgusting songs about him during the game were about 15.

This seems to be an overzealous official has decided something 'might' happen, there's no need to take the 1% chance as there is another exit and it's been turning into a baying mob of fans with smashed bottles ready to maim McCarthy.

Just what we need.

As one of those owl-wise news-commenters has already pointed out, all apart from the unlikelihood of the Bramford Bottle mob actually lying in wait, the story is a Mick story.
Unable, with the passing of time, to garner attention via "look, don't forget I'm still around", it needs a dramatic new angle - here was I toughing it out against mayhem-mongers etc.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:55 - Sep 6 with 9947 viewsPJH

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:49 - Sep 6 by Steve_M

Yes, there were a number of days over the previous 18 months when I was ashamed to be in the same ground and/or stand as those people but that day was the worst.

I know he said his PA shielded him from any abusive emails etc but I hope that he got to see the email I sent the day after the Brentford game apologising on behalf of true ITFC supporters for the behavior of those idiots.

The frightening thing is that probably those idiots still follow ITFC.
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:57 - Sep 6 with 9914 viewsLankHenners

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:54 - Sep 6 by monty_radio

As one of those owl-wise news-commenters has already pointed out, all apart from the unlikelihood of the Bramford Bottle mob actually lying in wait, the story is a Mick story.
Unable, with the passing of time, to garner attention via "look, don't forget I'm still around", it needs a dramatic new angle - here was I toughing it out against mayhem-mongers etc.

People who genuinely believe that have a chunk of metal stuck in their brain and need to go and get it removed.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:58 - Sep 6 with 9919 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's worse than bottles though. I heard the police raided the numbskulls' den and found some fearsome weaponry:

Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:02 - Sep 6 with 9884 viewsagentp

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:54 - Sep 6 by monty_radio

Course is isn't a Mick story you idiot. It was people will with a duty for his safety taking due precaution. Mick would be saying what he was told cos fcking there because those with that due care for his safety had briefed him to leave through the back door.

Jeeeeezus.....

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:03 - Sep 6 with 9863 viewsBluefish

I don't think there is any doubt the plastic supporter edl type that turned up for that match and then vanished again would throw bottles

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:04 - Sep 6 with 9883 viewsSuperfrans

Seems unlikely. But I can't imagine why the police would make something like that up.

It would only take a concern that 2/3 people might act stupidly for them to want to avoid inflaming the situation.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:06 - Sep 6 with 9839 viewsBlueBadger

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:04 - Sep 6 by Superfrans

Seems unlikely. But I can't imagine why the police would make something like that up.

It would only take a concern that 2/3 people might act stupidly for them to want to avoid inflaming the situation.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:07 - Sep 6 with 9849 viewstextbackup

he a lying [Redacted].

im sure a few on here will believe this rubbish tho

This post has been edited by an administrator

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:09 - Sep 6 with 9808 viewsBluefish

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:49 - Sep 6 by Steve_M

Anyone doubting the likelihood of the bottle throw potential clearly wasn't there that day. As i have said before I had a group of them next to me telling me they going to kick my head in, They were 2 feet away but apparently unable to get past each other to actually hit me. Brogan came and stood next to me for support and the 2nd half I moved a few rows away to calm it down. All I did was ask politely if we could sing some positive songs

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:10 - Sep 6 with 9789 viewsBluefish

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:07 - Sep 6 by textbackup

he a lying [Redacted].

I do completely. I think most that were there probably do as well.

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:13 - Sep 6 with 9780 viewstextbackup

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:10 - Sep 6 by Bluefish

a few pissed blokes singing songs isn't anywhere near throwing a bottle

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:15 - Sep 6 with 9739 viewsBluefish

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:13 - Sep 6 by textbackup

a few pissed blokes singing songs isn't anywhere near throwing a bottle

It really wasn't that though was it? It was more like an edl march than a football crowd. Loads turned up looking for trouble. Next you will be telling me that Fla are a peace loving group of lads that just turn up for a walk

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:15 - Sep 6 with 9752 viewsBluebell

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:10 - Sep 6 by Bluefish

I was there and agree. The atmosphere was dreadful with fans fighting other fans.

I was glad to get away from the ground after the game!
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:17 - Sep 6 with 9720 viewsBlueBadger

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:07 - Sep 6 by textbackup

he a lying [Redacted].

In all fairness, you made up a fair amount of stuff about him that you could get upset about and then proceeded to get upset about as well, so perhaps he wanted in on that action?
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 10:26]

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:18 - Sep 6 with 9704 viewsBlueBadger

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:52 - Sep 6 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Not sure you've got this right.

Brentford has pubs on every corner. Nobody was hanging around for Mick. They were having a beer after the match.

Mick also hadn't lost his job so nobody was gloating.

It simply sounds like the Police seeing fans who wanted McCarthy out, having a few beers and didn't see the need for the two to mix just in case.

Imagine professional people who are trained to assess and defuse risk, seeing a risk of trouble in angry pissed up idiots.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 10:26]

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:20 - Sep 6 with 9712 viewstextbackup

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:15 - Sep 6 by Bluefish

It really wasn't that though was it? It was more like an edl march than a football crowd. Loads turned up looking for trouble. Next you will be telling me that Fla are a peace loving group of lads that just turn up for a walk

wouldn't know about that, so cant comment really.

however, Mick needs to calm down, as he said, he wouldn't give a toss either way if the beer came or not..... why did he even bother talking about it...... maybe to keep his name in the frame

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:21 - Sep 6 with 9693 viewsagentp

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:20 - Sep 6 by textbackup

wouldn't know about that, so cant comment really.

however, Mick needs to calm down, as he said, he wouldn't give a toss either way if the beer came or not..... why did he even bother talking about it...... maybe to keep his name in the frame

Why did he bother talking about it?

He's a pundit right............
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 10:24]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024