Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking stats. 10:15 - Sep 6 with 527 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45356349

And from personal experience the peer support is often sadly lacking. Few weeks ago, myself, the 'night sister' and senior medical registrar for a weekend night shift had to devote a large part of the shift to supporting a senior house officer who, having been off for two years with various health difficulties including severe anxiety and depression had been chucked into an on-call night shift. On the second weekend in August(the 'August' bit is significant as it's handover month when a lot of doctors are doing their first-ever on-call rotas).
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 12:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Shocking stats. on 10:27 - Sep 6 with 509 viewsJ2BLUE

When my dad was in hospital the nurse said she did 4-5 12 hour shifts a week and it was an hour plus travelling time each way.

How the hell do you manage doing that in that sort of job?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Shocking stats. on 10:34 - Sep 6 with 498 viewsBlueBadger

Shocking stats. on 10:27 - Sep 6 by J2BLUE

When my dad was in hospital the nurse said she did 4-5 12 hour shifts a week and it was an hour plus travelling time each way.

How the hell do you manage doing that in that sort of job?

I nearly killed myself trying to get from Melford to Addenbrookes for a 7 start on a 12 hour long day shift. I loved the job but had I kept in it, I'd have been a road accident statistic long before now.

As a rule, a 37.5 hour full time contract will work out as round about 3 days in work a week with an odd extra one one week in four to ensure your hours are right if you're working long shifts. I suspect she was doing an extra or two to fill in gaps in either the rota or her bills. More than two in a row is a killer, though and I never work three straight.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Shocking stats. on 10:46 - Sep 6 with 486 viewsSteve_M

Of course it is. The idea that a 'seven day NHS' could be forced into being without costing more money was farcical, or it would have been were the results not so tragic.

A system that pushes staff to breaking point isn't sustainable but I'm sure another top down reorganisation will solve everything.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024