Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grauniad piece on loan clauses 11:42 - Sep 6 with 1409 viewsSteve_M

Nothing radically new but the Bradford chairman is very wrong about feeder clubs:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/sep/06/football-league-loan-deals

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Grauniad piece on loan clauses on 11:49 - Sep 6 with 1388 viewshype313

Palios is right, players should be plying on merit as opposed to guaranteed start due to loan clauses, the whole point of development is to make sure players are hungry to play, Palace's approach, whilst admirable, is counter productive to the players they are sending out.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Grauniad piece on loan clauses on 13:05 - Sep 6 with 1287 viewsIllinoisblue

the whole loan system seems to have developed into something it was not intended to be. ITFC example is we loan all our youngsters to lower league clubs while at the same time loaning in players from the premier league. I guess you could argue the changes to reserve/youth set-up have had an impact on how things work.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Grauniad piece on loan clauses on 13:13 - Sep 6 with 1258 viewsBasuco

There is also the growing issue of big club academy's taking players they know will never be good enough for their first team, maybe not even premier league standard, but they take them anyway see how they develop and sell them to EFL clubs and to other clubs world wide as a source of revenue. Man City and Chelsea are two who use this to boost income. Is it good for English football? Maybe or maybe not, but it certainly isn't good at all for EFL clubs who rely on developing and using home grown talented youngsters and possibly get good money if make the top grade.
Grauniad piece on loan clauses on 13:30 - Sep 6 with 1239 viewsSteve_M

Grauniad piece on loan clauses on 13:05 - Sep 6 by Illinoisblue

the whole loan system seems to have developed into something it was not intended to be. ITFC example is we loan all our youngsters to lower league clubs while at the same time loaning in players from the premier league. I guess you could argue the changes to reserve/youth set-up have had an impact on how things work.

That and the ability of the big clubs to hoard young players and still pay them more than most of the second division can manage.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Grauniad piece on loan clauses on 16:09 - Sep 6 with 1129 viewsitfcjoe

It sounds silly, but I'd like to see B teams dropped in at the very bottom of the football pyramid - it's going to happen eventually at some level so just get it over and done with.

By the time B teams find their way into the league they will be so engrained, and will have 'earned' it.

Get ITFC B in the SIL Div 4 against Coplestonians B and crack on from there!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Grauniad piece on loan clauses on 16:14 - Sep 6 with 1120 viewsJ2BLUE

Grauniad piece on loan clauses on 16:09 - Sep 6 by itfcjoe

It sounds silly, but I'd like to see B teams dropped in at the very bottom of the football pyramid - it's going to happen eventually at some level so just get it over and done with.

By the time B teams find their way into the league they will be so engrained, and will have 'earned' it.

I despise the B teams concept. Even in the EFL trophy.

I really hope it never happens.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Grauniad piece on loan clauses on 17:01 - Sep 6 with 1082 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Grauniad piece on loan clauses on 16:09 - Sep 6 by itfcjoe

Coplestonians B are in Intermediate C I’m afraid! #SILGEEK

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024