Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans on the youths/academy situation 14:33 - Sep 6 with 657 viewsIllinoisblue

is there anything stopping a club just having a youth team - as in the way they used to operate - rather than a full-blown academy?

What are the implications of doing that? If Brentford have disbanded their academy what do they do instead?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Evans on the youths/academy situation on 14:36 - Sep 6 with 641 viewsitfcjoe

If you are Cat 3 you just have an U18 and U23 team I think.

But Brentford have a 'B' Team that just plays regular friendlies.

Personally, i don't understand why teams don't enter a B team into the league structure, would take a few years but you'd have them playing competitive footy very soon

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Evans on the youths/academy situation on 14:40 - Sep 6 with 619 viewsIllinoisblue

Evans on the youths/academy situation on 14:36 - Sep 6 by itfcjoe

If you are Cat 3 you just have an U18 and U23 team I think.

But Brentford have a 'B' Team that just plays regular friendlies.

Personally, i don't understand why teams don't enter a B team into the league structure, would take a few years but you'd have them playing competitive footy very soon

it's early days of course, but I have no doubt Evans is looking at little Brentford and seeing how well they're doing and wondering why Ipswich can't do the same.

I guess given their location, it's probably fairly easy for Brerntford to arrange decent standard 'B' games against any number of London clubs.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Evans on the youths/academy situation on 14:43 - Sep 6 with 611 viewshype313

Evans on the youths/academy situation on 14:40 - Sep 6 by Illinoisblue

it's early days of course, but I have no doubt Evans is looking at little Brentford and seeing how well they're doing and wondering why Ipswich can't do the same.

I guess given their location, it's probably fairly easy for Brerntford to arrange decent standard 'B' games against any number of London clubs.

I think the difference between us and Brentford is purely geographic, Brentford just couldn't compete with the amount of clubs within the 20 mile radius of them, the pool of talent is small and the competition is fierce. We on the other hand have a far wider radius to pick from, but also the biggest club within that 60 mile radius, so quite a pull for players all over the region.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024