Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disappointing that the BBC would fall into this trap to begin with.. 14:52 - Sep 7 with 1960 viewsSpruceMoose

...but as something I've been banging on about for years now I'm glad to see they are finally acknowledging it.

Not all arguments and opinions are created equal, and not all opinions are worthy of respect.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/sep/07/bbc-we-get-climate-change-co
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 14:53]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Disappointing that the BBC would fall into this trap to begin with.. on 15:02 - Sep 7 with 1902 viewsm14_blue

Couldn't agree more.

Their obsession with neutrality has too often led to completely false equivalency being created in arguments, see also financial impact of Brexit.
Disappointing that the BBC would fall into this trap to begin with.. on 15:25 - Sep 7 with 1863 viewsRyorry

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/damian-carrington-blog/2012/mar/06/clima

He's far from the only one with vested interests either -

https://www.lowimpact.org/incredible-frackogram-2015-shows-the-many-links-of-ves

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Disappointing that the BBC would fall into this trap to begin with.. on 09:00 - Sep 8 with 1648 viewsNo9

With Sir David Attenborough on hand you would think they would be able to manage subjects like climate change easily.
Unfortunately the BBC politics department is a total incomprehensible mess.
With Kuenssberg & Pienar heading up political editing it has sunk to depths no one would ever believe the BBC could go to
Disappointing that the BBC would fall into this trap to begin with.. on 09:27 - Sep 8 with 1611 viewsWithnail

'The climate science community is clear that humans have changed the climate, but specifically how is more difficult to evidence'.

Funny that the guardian missed this part out of their report. Pahaha.
Disappointing that the BBC would fall into this trap to begin with.. on 09:40 - Sep 8 with 1589 viewsBloomBlue

Oh the irony of the Guardian reporting about inaccurate reporting
Disappointing that the BBC would fall into this trap to begin with.. on 09:43 - Sep 8 with 1586 viewsOldsmoker

Disappointing that the BBC would fall into this trap to begin with.. on 09:00 - Sep 8 by No9

With Sir David Attenborough on hand you would think they would be able to manage subjects like climate change easily.
Unfortunately the BBC politics department is a total incomprehensible mess.
With Kuenssberg & Pienar heading up political editing it has sunk to depths no one would ever believe the BBC could go to

I'm with you on the BBC political coverage. C4 is the one I watch regularily and they devote more time to issues such as Yemen, Syria, Myanmar.
I've always been surprised by the amount of air time given to Farage by the BBC. I can't recall a single time that he was grilled about UKIP's links to far-right MEP's from other countries. Those MEP's had more policies than UKIP (and some of those policies were downright racist) because they wanted to take over and rule the EU not destroy and leave like Farage.
Caroline Lucas who is an actual MP and co-leader of the Green party has had about 10% of Farages exposure in the last few years. Of course she might have been asked but turned the BBC down but it still doesn't explain the many appearances of Farage. He's never been an MP and UKIP are a fringe one-issue party that people vote for in EU elections as a protest vote. His one claim to fame is that he is the only MEP that anyone can name. Most of us (includes me) don't know who our MEP is.
The LibDems who have more MP's and a larger share of the vote than UKIP hardly seem to be included nowadays.
The political content from the BBC may well be decided by just a few "behind the camera" people and I don't know who they are and that's spooky.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Disappointing that the BBC would fall into this trap to begin with.. on 10:18 - Sep 8 with 1546 viewsCoachRob

Marr on Sunday let Dr Liam Fox say nobody could have seen the 2008 crash without any challenge at all. Wynne Godley and Steve Keen both wrote papers on a financial crash in 2002 and 2005 respectively. The BBC seems to have fallen into the hands of lobbyists and rarely challenges extreme opinions like these.
Disappointing that the BBC would fall into this trap to begin with.. on 13:12 - Sep 8 with 1420 viewsNo9

Disappointing that the BBC would fall into this trap to begin with.. on 09:43 - Sep 8 by Oldsmoker

I'm with you on the BBC political coverage. C4 is the one I watch regularily and they devote more time to issues such as Yemen, Syria, Myanmar.
I've always been surprised by the amount of air time given to Farage by the BBC. I can't recall a single time that he was grilled about UKIP's links to far-right MEP's from other countries. Those MEP's had more policies than UKIP (and some of those policies were downright racist) because they wanted to take over and rule the EU not destroy and leave like Farage.
Caroline Lucas who is an actual MP and co-leader of the Green party has had about 10% of Farages exposure in the last few years. Of course she might have been asked but turned the BBC down but it still doesn't explain the many appearances of Farage. He's never been an MP and UKIP are a fringe one-issue party that people vote for in EU elections as a protest vote. His one claim to fame is that he is the only MEP that anyone can name. Most of us (includes me) don't know who our MEP is.
The LibDems who have more MP's and a larger share of the vote than UKIP hardly seem to be included nowadays.
The political content from the BBC may well be decided by just a few "behind the camera" people and I don't know who they are and that's spooky.

The BBC still haven't (as far as I can see) reported that Boris Johnson is likely to taken to court for offence in public office- nut they did give a few moments to his divorce (selective reporting) & I have not yet seen where the BBC has given any time to the Ex Breixt secretary lining up with Farage, the 60 tory MP's likely to challenge Mrs May over the Chequers proposal nor the fact Aaron Banks is trying to get into the tory party.

Obvioulsy far too much time takn in chasing Mr Corbyn
I agree with you entirely on Ch4
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024