Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... 16:17 - Sep 7 with 5777 viewsSitfcB

Bet the EFL bottle it mind you.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 16:18 - Sep 7 with 4977 viewsSpruceMoose

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 16:23 - Sep 7 with 4924 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Couple of key terms in that article though. "Soft Embargo" and "Up to 12 point deduction"

which will probably mean that the EFL will try and impose a lower point deduction (somewhere from 3 - 6 points I'd imagine) but will be contested and will end up being yet another fine.

Positive move though and shows the EFL are trying to show their teeth
That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 16:25 - Sep 7 with 4914 viewsEastTownBlue

One to keep the lawyers busy if there is a substantial punishment.
That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 16:38 - Sep 7 with 4825 viewsCurrie10

' That allowed Monk to sign five players in the summer transfer window, but the plan restricted him to only free transfers or low-cost loans on wages under £10,000 a week. '

Everything that's wrong with football right now.

Club in financial meltdown ONLY allowed players on under £10,000 per week.

Jesus christ. Wake up EFL. That's ridiculous.
That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 16:45 - Sep 7 with 4761 viewsCheltenham_Blue

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 16:38 - Sep 7 by Currie10

' That allowed Monk to sign five players in the summer transfer window, but the plan restricted him to only free transfers or low-cost loans on wages under £10,000 a week. '

Thats not The EFL's fault though is it? That's football as a whole. And if thats the going rate for a Championship footballer...

Football wages are now well out of control. I've advocated for a long time that we FIFA introduce a wage cap at the top level of £5000-£10,000 per week, which can then be topped up with playing and performance related bonuses. That way, your top players can still earn the big bucks, but they'd have to perform to get it, not just sit in the reserves taking 70 or 80k a week.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 16:52 - Sep 7 with 4717 viewsPhilTWTD

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 16:38 - Sep 7 by Currie10

Don't think they're in financial meltdown, the embargo was put in place as their losses were too high to stay within FFP rules.
That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 17:06 - Sep 7 with 4576 viewsSwansea_Blue

Never underestimate our ability to finish on negative points!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 17:17 - Sep 7 with 4519 viewsIllinoisblue

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 16:52 - Sep 7 by PhilTWTD

Don't think they're in financial meltdown, the embargo was put in place as their losses were too high to stay within FFP rules.

was their bid for Bart a serious bid, an actual thing?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 17:17 - Sep 7 with 4511 viewsGeoffSentence

£2M for an uncapped Danish left-back.

How much for our world cup star?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 17:21 - Sep 7 with 4484 viewsCurrie10

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 16:45 - Sep 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Thats not The EFL's fault though is it? That's football as a whole. And if thats the going rate for a Championship footballer...

Football wages are now well out of control. I've advocated for a long time that we FIFA introduce a wage cap at the top level of £5000-£10,000 per week, which can then be topped up with playing and performance related bonuses. That way, your top players can still earn the big bucks, but they'd have to perform to get it, not just sit in the reserves taking 70 or 80k a week.

It is football on a whole accepted.

It may be the going rate for players, check.

However, if clubs are going to risk their future, the going rate for players is going to have to decrease.

Sure, it will effect Birmingham short-term / maybe medium term - however is caving to players and paying them £10,000 p.w wise when they can't really afford to do so?

I'd rather have ITFC and tell players where to go, than cave to their demands.
That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 17:23 - Sep 7 with 4473 viewsCurrie10

Well, if you're allowed to lose £39 mill over three years ( correct me if wrong ) and they've gone over that - I would call that financial meltdown / unsustainable and moronic personally.
That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 17:25 - Sep 7 with 4462 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Thanks 12th_Man

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 19:46 - Sep 7 with 4059 viewsTrequartista

Surely there are teams in the Championship, without parachute money, that have spent more than Birmingham? Derby, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday etc ?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 19:56 - Sep 7 with 4009 viewsblueconscience

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 16:45 - Sep 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

The EU would never allow such a rule.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 20:33 - Sep 7 with 3912 viewsHorseboy

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 19:46 - Sep 7 by Trequartista

Surely there are teams in the Championship, without parachute money, that have spent more than Birmingham? Derby, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday etc ?

True, but it's balanced with income.

Sure Derby have spent money, but they have also received over 10m for players like Ince, Vydra, Hendrick and Hughes
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 20:33]
That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 20:52 - Sep 7 with 3844 viewsTrequartista

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 20:33 - Sep 7 by Horseboy

True, but it's balanced with income.

Sure Derby have spent money, but they have also received over 10m for players like Ince, Vydra, Hendrick and Hughes
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 20:33]

I guess so. I just thought Birmingham shopped in the same sort of market as us though nowadays.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 20:55 - Sep 7 with 3833 viewsjeera

It's a potential cushion.

We'll take it.

Hope it happens though, if only to prove Town have been right to be stringent.

Clubs should be able to run within their means and it's insane that it has become the norm for cubs to run at such massive losses. To the point some fans scream foul play when owners aren't throwing in even more cash on top of already horrendous losses.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 20:55 - Sep 7 with 3833 viewsbluewein

“...hope it works aart for ‘em, coz they’re a terrific club...”

Keep counting them pennies ‘Arry...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 21:03 - Sep 7 with 3798 viewsITFC_Aylesbury

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 19:56 - Sep 7 by blueconscience

The EU would never allow such a rule.

What an absolutely nobbish, uninformed and frankly puerile thing to say. In what possible way would the EU have anything to do with it?

Don't dodge the question either. Answer it and be damned as a troll or just fecking ignorant.
That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 21:18 - Sep 7 with 3736 viewsElderGrizzly

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 20:55 - Sep 7 by jeera

It's a potential cushion.

We'll take it.

Hope it happens though, if only to prove Town have been right to be stringent.

Clubs should be able to run within their means and it's insane that it has become the norm for cubs to run at such massive losses. To the point some fans scream foul play when owners aren't throwing in even more cash on top of already horrendous losses.

Hadn’t spotted this thread earlier. Sorry Sitters.

This thread of mine has the detail of Birmingham’s mess

FFP might finally be getting teeth. Birmingham could face 12 point deduction by ElderGrizzly 7 Sep 2018 19:33
Well done Harry...

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/1038132498134433794?s=21

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/1038132938045632512?s=21

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/1038133431023099904?s=21

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/1038134439988080640?s=21

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 21:18 - Sep 7 with 3729 viewsElderGrizzly

Detail here

[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 21:29]
That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 21:50 - Sep 7 with 3650 viewsPhilTWTD

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 17:23 - Sep 7 by Currie10

Well, if you're allowed to lose £39 mill over three years ( correct me if wrong ) and they've gone over that - I would call that financial meltdown / unsustainable and moronic personally.

If the owners can afford it - and I've seen nothing to suggest they can't - then it's not a crisis on that front. However, they appear to have counted being able to get away with going over the FFP limit and been caught out.
That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 21:52 - Sep 7 with 3640 viewsPhilTWTD

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 17:17 - Sep 7 by Illinoisblue

was their bid for Bart a serious bid, an actual thing?

Yes, as I say, they seem to have a lot of money, they've just overspent in FFP terms, which are assessed on an ongoing basis these days.
That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 22:52 - Sep 7 with 3500 viewsblueconscience

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 21:03 - Sep 7 by ITFC_Aylesbury

What an absolutely nobbish, uninformed and frankly puerile thing to say. In what possible way would the EU have anything to do with it?

Don't dodge the question either. Answer it and be damned as a troll or just fecking ignorant.

Sure that was the reason why there isnt a wage cap according to people here.

And calm down, you sounded VERY angry in that post.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 22:58]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

That’ll be one relegation place sorted then... on 23:11 - Sep 7 with 3434 viewsClapham_Junction

I'd rather have a salary cap for the entire squad, which might help prevent clubs hoarding players and loaning them out.

If the cap for the Premier League was set at a level where every club could afford it (based on tv income), it would hopefully make for a much more competitive league in the long run.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024