Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bring back the striking partnership back...? 18:33 - Sep 8 with 940 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would you consider putting Jonny Walters up alongside Sears, obviously plays his best football through the middle in a 2.

Watford look to bringing the striking partnership back with Gray/Deenet. And doing it in some style in their basic 4-4-2.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Bring back the striking partnership back...? on 19:02 - Sep 8 with 901 viewsCurrie10

The only way Sears in my humble opinion, is worth having, is alongside a big battering ram of a #9 in a 4-4-2.

He was very good there 14/15 with Murphy as the foil.

He cannot play lone striker. He's not good enough out wide, however with Walters doing something perhaps akin to Muprhy 14/15 - it's worth a go at some point sure.

Short answer - yes. It's certainly worth giving a go. I don't see it happening, but it's a decent suggestion.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 19:03]
Bring back the striking partnership back...? on 08:03 - Sep 9 with 755 viewschristiand

Bring back the striking partnership back...? on 19:02 - Sep 8 by Currie10

The only way Sears in my humble opinion, is worth having, is alongside a big battering ram of a #9 in a 4-4-2.

He was very good there 14/15 with Murphy as the foil.

He cannot play lone striker. He's not good enough out wide, however with Walters doing something perhaps akin to Muprhy 14/15 - it's worth a go at some point sure.

Short answer - yes. It's certainly worth giving a go. I don't see it happening, but it's a decent suggestion.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2018 19:03]

Yes, agree completely. Sears has been messed around enough over the last few seasons. Without doubt his best position, but needs that big guy next to him.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bring back the striking partnership back...? on 09:03 - Sep 9 with 719 viewsDubtractor

I just don't think Sears is good enough, in whatever position he plays.

100% effort but, aside from a 6 month golden spell, just not good enough on the technical side. Fine as a sub, but we need better in the starting 11, hopefully one or both of Harrison and Jackson will come good on that front.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bring back the striking partnership back...? on 09:16 - Sep 9 with 707 viewstextbackup

sears has had multiple chances in a town shirt, its just not going to happen for him now, I want to see Jackson and/or Harrison get their chances ahead of him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024