Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote 23:45 - Sep 8 with 42248 viewsElderGrizzly

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 23:55 - Sep 8 with 9255 viewsStokieBlue

He wouldn't discuss it previously, not sure much will have changed.

It's more awkward for voters. If Labour campaign with a second referendum on the manifesto it makes it hard (for me at least) as many will want that but not want the rest of the manifesto Labour would put forward.

It would be a decision on whether staying in the EU but with the rest of JC policies was better than leaving the EU.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 08:27 - Sep 9 with 9121 viewsmeekreech

In typical union fashion skewed result as only 4 members were polled !

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 08:31 - Sep 9 with 9110 viewsFtnfwest

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 08:27 - Sep 9 by meekreech

In typical union fashion skewed result as only 4 members were polled !

Usually enough for strike action!
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 08:47 - Sep 9 with 9094 viewsBasuco

The main reason for the vote to leave appears to be wanting a restriction on "foreign workers taking our jobs" but not it is very obvious this will not happen, both Labour and Conservative parties have no intention of stopping it as it is vital as a means of keeping wage rises down. If there is a shortage of workers pay must go up to attract staff. Now we all know the truth on this crucial issue what is the point of easy access to the biggest market in the World, the EU?
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 10:26 - Sep 9 with 9008 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why is this awkward for JC?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 10:40 - Sep 9 with 8992 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 10:26 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

because someone mentioned brexit which means that he now has to go and hide in a cupboard for 24 hours.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 11:00 - Sep 9 with 8978 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 10:40 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

because someone mentioned brexit which means that he now has to go and hide in a cupboard for 24 hours.

Oh good, lowhouse is here. Bye everyone

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 11:18 - Sep 9 with 8963 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 11:00 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

Oh good, lowhouse is here. Bye everyone

insults are pretty poor substitute for discussion. but you feel part of a gang so that's ok i guess.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 11:18]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 11:24 - Sep 9 with 8957 viewsHerbivore

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 11:18 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

insults are pretty poor substitute for discussion. but you feel part of a gang so that's ok i guess.

Says the man who has taken calling anyone who disagrees with him an anti-Semite.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 11:43 - Sep 9 with 8940 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 11:18 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

If I stay and debate I get accused of dragging threads out/arguing. If I bow out I get accused of not engaging in discussion.

Can't win. At least leaving i don't waste so much time. Your view is never going to change, so what's the point? You hate Corbyn and I can't possibly discuss with that.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:08 - Sep 9 with 8904 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 10:26 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

It isn't. Corbyn hasn't made any decision on a 2nd vote. It makes sense for him to wait and see where the Tory stupidity goes.

There is a high chance of a 'no deal' outcome. In those circumstances, given Labour's 6 tests, I'd be surprised if they didn't support that vote.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:20 - Sep 9 with 8885 viewsgiant_stow

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 11:24 - Sep 9 by Herbivore

Says the man who has taken calling anyone who disagrees with him an anti-Semite.

Think that's a little unfair myself. I think lowhouse has been standing up for firmly held principles and has been being doing so despite being vastly outnumbered and being hit by increasing levels of vilification coming his way. If I had one criticism, it would maybe be best not to label people as antisemites, but simply say their words *might* be antisemitic and leave the reader to make their own minds up.

Anyway, I don't want to stir this up, just want to back a decent guy up.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 12:21]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:43 - Sep 9 with 8844 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:08 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

It isn't. Corbyn hasn't made any decision on a 2nd vote. It makes sense for him to wait and see where the Tory stupidity goes.

There is a high chance of a 'no deal' outcome. In those circumstances, given Labour's 6 tests, I'd be surprised if they didn't support that vote.

I know.

Grizzley likes to throw these little barbs out at JC every now and again and then disappear. Like a watered down Glassers. All part of the 'throw enough mud, some will stick' agenda.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:46 - Sep 9 with 8835 viewsNo9

Or the members?
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:46 - Sep 9 with 8835 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:20 - Sep 9 by giant_stow

Think that's a little unfair myself. I think lowhouse has been standing up for firmly held principles and has been being doing so despite being vastly outnumbered and being hit by increasing levels of vilification coming his way. If I had one criticism, it would maybe be best not to label people as antisemites, but simply say their words *might* be antisemitic and leave the reader to make their own minds up.

Anyway, I don't want to stir this up, just want to back a decent guy up.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 12:21]

I'm sure lowhouse was decent once. He's now so bitter and twisted he's little more than a liar. It's been shown several times on here. Literally no point in debating with him. Shame, but there you go.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:47 - Sep 9 with 8833 viewsnoggin

Anti-semite.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:48 - Sep 9 with 8825 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 11:24 - Sep 9 by Herbivore

all i've done is call out anti-semitic tropes which fall within the ihra definition. the rest is down to the conscience of those who posted the stuff.

but i'm not getting into an action replay of all that.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:48 - Sep 9 with 8827 viewsnoggin

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:43 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

I know.

Grizzley likes to throw these little barbs out at JC every now and again and then disappear. Like a watered down Glassers. All part of the 'throw enough mud, some will stick' agenda.

Funny thing is, that mud slides right off.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:52 - Sep 9 with 8813 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 11:43 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

If I stay and debate I get accused of dragging threads out/arguing. If I bow out I get accused of not engaging in discussion.

Can't win. At least leaving i don't waste so much time. Your view is never going to change, so what's the point? You hate Corbyn and I can't possibly discuss with that.

the point i was making - albeit flippantly - was that corbyn is the invisible man of brexit. if you polled the electorate a tiny proportion would be able to tell what labour's brexit policy is. they have avoided any detail or clarity for fear of splitting their support. the best summary i can give is that their policy is to hope that at some point the government will lose a brexit vote which leads to an early election. their policy has no more content than that. it is one of the great tragedies of the whole brexit fiasco that from the time of the referendum labour has offered no leadership whatsoever. so the op is awkward for corbyn because he doesn't want to say anything about brexit.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:53 - Sep 9 with 8815 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:48 - Sep 9 by noggin

Funny thing is, that mud slides right off.

That is weird isn't it? You'd have thought if Corbyn was as bad as some make out there'd be hard evidence of something. He must be one lucky chap... which is a good trait to have for running a country.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:53 - Sep 9 with 8808 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:46 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

I'm sure lowhouse was decent once. He's now so bitter and twisted he's little more than a liar. It's been shown several times on here. Literally no point in debating with him. Shame, but there you go.

you think insults are ok cos you're part of a gang on here. it's very juvenile and bullying. just saying.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:54 - Sep 9 with 8810 viewsNo9

Not as difficult as this eh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45462900
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:55 - Sep 9 with 8806 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:53 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

you think insults are ok cos you're part of a gang on here. it's very juvenile and bullying. just saying.

Hilarious that you think I'm part of any gang. I'm universally hated on here.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 13:21 - Sep 9 with 8767 viewsm14_blue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:53 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

To be fair, dollers is certainly not part of any gang, he's often on his own against pretty much everyone.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 13:24 - Sep 9 with 8766 viewsnoggin

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:52 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

the point i was making - albeit flippantly - was that corbyn is the invisible man of brexit. if you polled the electorate a tiny proportion would be able to tell what labour's brexit policy is. they have avoided any detail or clarity for fear of splitting their support. the best summary i can give is that their policy is to hope that at some point the government will lose a brexit vote which leads to an early election. their policy has no more content than that. it is one of the great tragedies of the whole brexit fiasco that from the time of the referendum labour has offered no leadership whatsoever. so the op is awkward for corbyn because he doesn't want to say anything about brexit.

Why should Labour have a brexit policy even? It’s the tories that put us there and it’s Treesa’s job to get «the deal» done. Labour, sadly, will have to pick up the pieces when it all goes pear shaped.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 13:36]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024