Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shane O'Connor interview 11:07 - Sep 9 with 2292 viewswellhungphil

Since there's not much happening what with the international break, loan windows closed and no camels spotted carrying Arabs and gold towards the Suffolk sands, I thought I'd share this article from the42.ie giving a few insights into Shane's time at Portman Road.

http://www.the42.ie/shane-oconnor-interview-september-2018-4210603-Sep2018/
Shane O'Connor interview on 13:16 - Sep 9 with 2092 viewstractorshark

Good read. Another perspective on the Keane era.
Shane O'Connor interview on 15:41 - Sep 9 with 1971 viewsjasondozzell

Really enjoyed reading this - thanks for posting. I always looked him when he was with us. Always liked Keane too! Shame it didn't work.
Shane O'Connor interview on 18:59 - Sep 9 with 1822 viewsDarth_Koont

Cheers for that. Very interesting!

Obviously, there's the insight into Keane's time here and how that high-demand approach can alienate a lot of players. There are parallels now and it seems particularly vital for Hurst's squad management to get wins to balance the extra demands in games and on the training pitch.

Also fascinating to see the effect a lack of confidence has on a player. Seems incredible that a highly trained and talented player starts forgetting how to do stuff or feeling like he's lost 50% of his ability.

Pronouns: He/Him

Shane O'Connor interview on 20:51 - Sep 9 with 1731 viewsSlambo

‘Roy Keane me hole, go on ya fu*king liar!’ But it was.”

Ah, that wonderful Irish lyricism...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Shane O'Connor interview on 21:02 - Sep 9 with 1710 viewsSuperfrans

Thanks for sharing that. What a great read.

Really good illustration of the challenges that players have. They may be paid more than the average man on the street, they may have a job that most of us would give everything to have, but they still have doubts about themselves and their ability that can cause their lives and careers to unravel. Fascinating piece.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Shane O'Connor interview on 21:15 - Sep 9 with 1688 viewsRadlett_blue

Seems like a few things didn't go Shane's way, including some injuries & he did seem half decent in his time at Town. However, Jewell going with older players like Mark Kennedy was a big turning point in our decline.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024